PDA

View Full Version : crazy spaniards

soma
18-08-2005, 05:33 PM
just got back from a good 12 days in spain. At the start of my hols we hit a 4 day music festival in bennacassim. Bands, dJ's that kinda thing.

Got there and on the first night and a couple spanish techno soundsystems (of the squat party variety) set up in the car park out side the festival. I sauntered on over in the early hours of each morning. They were playing some pretty slamming techno. But the thing was they carried it on for 4 days solidly even throughout the heat on the day - it got up to 35 - 36 degrees and they were still having it. I had to hit the beach.

phew.

respect to the spanish - they definately know how to throw a party...

yee haa

:clap:

I'm home now tho'

dammit.

Jay Pace
18-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Who was playing at bennacassim?

Heard lots of good things about it...

soma
19-08-2005, 09:01 AM
loadsa bands like the kills, the cure, and oasis (who were rubbish).

saw peaches - she rocks - wicked live show and she's filthy to boot. Don't know if anyone has had a chance to catch any of her stuff.

saw daviD carretta. hE KNOCKS out a good bit of techno, erol alkan to played a pretty good set too.

and the rave outside rounded everything off very nicely. So you got the best of all worlds.

bennaccasim was boiling, had great beaches and it didn't rain once. Starts at about 5 in the afternoon and then goes on through the night. Had a much better time there than any other british festival i've been too. and i got a good tan. nice.

http://fiberfib.com/www/bot.php?sec=5&bot=33&sub=1&lan=en

here's the site.

I definately recommend going

Jay Pace
19-08-2005, 10:50 AM
suckin on mah titties like you wanted me

f*uck the pain awaaaay

Quality. Would love to see her.

Oxen Blank
19-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Then see this other festival:

www.monegrosfestival.com

;)

stjohn
19-08-2005, 05:17 PM
i was there myself this year and last year.. good buzz. the heat knocks bollox out of you tho.

i was dying for some banging shit, and because i was over with a load of rockers, never made it to the anti parties. the minimal sound is huge over here (im still in barcelona) and alot of the clubs have moved from hard techno to the holden/nathan fake etc etc

at bĀ“cassim, erol alkin was pretty cool, he played the switch rmx of jack your body by les rhythm digitales, which is funky as feck. and david carreta was the closest thing to tuff techno, but all of his tunes are identical, big huge saw basslines.

underworld did their usual, finished with rez

definatly worth going, but as i said watch the heat... and irish chap died :roll: but i think that was a mixture of asmtha and dehydration.

soma
19-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Then see this other festival:

www.monegrosfestival.com

;)

that looked wicked.

278d7e64a374de26f==