PDA

View Full Version : Digital Kid & Danny B - Kyoto

Digital Kid
19-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Funky techno,

Only just finished and this tune is looking for a home.

If ya like it please giv me some feedback or get in touch.

Thanks.

http://www.dervorsprung.com/digitalkid/Digital%20Kid%20&%20Danny%20B%20-%20Kyoto.mp3

Digitalkiduk@hotmail.com or http://www.digitalkid.moonfruit.com

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 07:47 PM
downloading, I will give you feedback shortly.

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Nice job guys!!! This is turning out F*cking dope. I'm only listening in the phones, but everything seems well in place. I would really love to play this one out, this is guaranteed to rock the floor :clap:

My only suggestion would be to perhaps add some vocal stabs. That would go very cool with everything you have done already.

Digital Kid
19-08-2005, 11:35 PM
The tune is finished dude. :)

Thanks for the feedback, I did actually put a vocal in there but thought it seemed better without in the end.

Lookin to get this one picked up if not we will put it out on one of our labels.

Thanks for the feedback man. :D

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 11:36 PM
either way it sounds wikked man, so if you tried it and it didn't sound good, don't mess with it.

I always say, don't fix it if it's not broken.

Digital Kid
19-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Deffinatly dude, im quite happy with it how it is now.:)

fatcollective
20-08-2005, 01:41 AM
wikid tune man, really crisp on the overall sound. you got a simular sound as Cave, really chunky n funky.

yeah this is pretty nice man, my sort of tune!

nice one :clap:

eyes without a face
20-08-2005, 07:48 AM
hmm not bad, sounds very very dry tho, the bass and kick particulary. Some of the loop work is good, but that kick definately needs more processing, sounds really flat and boxy. The stab would benefit from some variation too gets a bit boring

nice enough track but would fare well from somemore eq and compression id say

Digital Kid
20-08-2005, 10:42 AM
hmm, I run reverb over the whole track and stereo panning so it shouldn't sound too dry well at least I hoped not.

Please remember also this is a 128k sample so it's losing alot of eq.

Thanks for the reviews though people much appreciated.

I like Caves stuff, Kobaya etc so nice to be compared to them as thats my kinda sound.

Thanks guys. :)

gary_human
20-08-2005, 01:25 PM
like the bassline - phat! reminds me of daniel vigorito but with more funk - sure it would be a good tool to mix with.

eyes without a face
20-08-2005, 02:35 PM
running a reverb and stereo field wont make individual sounds that are dry less dryer, itl simply just verb the whole mix up and may have an adverse effect to what you wish

nice track definately, just needs more processing imo

dirty_bass
20-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Phat bass in this but the production lacks real width and sparkle.
I agree with Eyes.
The kick could do with pushing through that huge bassline a little more effectively, it`s nice dry as it is I think, it`s got a very "real" feel to it, but could just do with a bit more oomph.
There`s an overall cardboard feel to this tune though, sounds very PC in the fact that there is very little warmth and sparkle.
Try running some effects through some saturation and valve emulation to add a little more dynamic activity and width.

As a tune I like it, but production wise it needs a bit more work I think.

Digital Kid
20-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Cool thanks for the input, I'll have a look at the things you mention.

Ta

Digital Kid
20-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Just a point though, I wanted the kick to sit as it is, its very easy to make a kick really punchy and have more oomph but thats not how I wanted it in this, I wanted it just sit solid but not take too much attention and thats how it is I feel.

The others bits about dry sounds which bits in particular would you say are dry?

xfive
20-08-2005, 07:24 PM
This is cool.. I agree with some of the above statements though.. kick needs to rip thru the bass a bit more. The sounds in the midrange need to be a bit thicker too imho.

Elvio Neto
22-08-2005, 08:22 PM
great track man.

i think the bass is a little loud.

audioinjection
23-08-2005, 02:41 AM
yeah, that kick needs to come through some more, it seems to be flooded by that bassline

fix that and you have a sold track! very clubby

Digital Kid
23-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys took ya advice on turned the bass down a little and sorted the kick, sounds better now.

Thanks all for listening.

dirty_bass
25-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Just a point though, I wanted the kick to sit as it is, its very easy to make a kick really punchy and have more oomph but thats not how I wanted it in this, I wanted it just sit solid but not take too much attention and thats how it is I feel.

The others bits about dry sounds which bits in particular would you say are dry?

The problem is, that the kick will just be buried and lack definition on a rig.
You can make it clearer without necessarily making it too prominent, with good eq work.

dirty_bass
25-10-2005, 01:33 PM
ah, I didn`t see the above comments, cool.

278d7e64a374de26f==