PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee VS Bakura "First Project"

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 07:33 PM
http://www.jaderenterprises.com/images/circuitry01.jpg http://www.jaderenterprises.com/images/circuitry01.jpg http://www.jaderenterprises.com/images/circuitry01.jpg http://www.jaderenterprises.com/images/circuitry01.jpg http://www.jaderenterprises.com/images/circuitry01.jpg

OK, here is something Bakura (My friend Michael) and myself are collabing on. It is NOT DONE YET, there are still some fine adjustments and mastering that needs to be done. However you should get the general idea. About 5 minutes of track so far.

http://iluvtekno.com/BRAD+LEE-VS-BAKURA=SYSTEMS+COMBINED'first_project'.mp3

lau
19-08-2005, 08:46 PM
This is dope dude!!

could do with something extra that really stands out in the mix... this is a really good layer to work from tho !!!

:rambo:

aw and a couple of mad edits wouldnt hurt anybody....!!

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 08:48 PM
could do with something extra that really stands out in the mix...
aw and a couple of mad edits wouldnt hurt anybody....!!

You got it, before this is done, there will be some more craziness for sure homie. You know how I do. Thanks for the feedback amgio!!! :rambo:

gary_human
19-08-2005, 08:49 PM
really cool - like it a lot - i would definiteley play this :clap:

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Thank you sir, I have now updated it just a bit again. Add some more percussion after the break and did a bit more arrangement. So it should be a little bit better now. Atleast I hope so.... :lol:

http://iluvtekno.com/BRAD+LEE-VS-BAKURA=SYSTEMS+COMBINED'first_project'.mp3

The Overfiend
19-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Critical BeatDown
Only thing I feel it needs is some kind of Mid range work.
Drum Tracks are very dope Brad, and this is one of the hottest you have made, far better than Family Crest.
I think with a stab, synth, melody.
Would Push this over the envelope to that sick standalone one B Diddy.

xfive
20-08-2005, 12:05 AM
This is cool... I fully agree with Tony's comments.

BRADLEE
20-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try and find that secret ingerdiant then and I'll re-post it when I do. Glad the reviews have been good!!!

John Vella
20-08-2005, 12:45 AM
yea this is definatley pretty intense....

lots of energy...

nice stabs in there too!!

eyes without a face
20-08-2005, 07:51 AM
this is good, but got way too clanky and busy for my personal tastes, and definately feels like ther is something missing somewhere in there

beats were quite solid but the highs were quite sharp especially when all the clanging noises are in full swing

a good start tho definately

The Overfiend
20-08-2005, 08:30 AM
this is good, but got way too clanky and busy for my personal tastes, and definately feels like ther is something missing somewhere in there

beats were quite solid but the highs were quite sharp especially when all the clanging noises are in full swing

a good start tho definately

Why do you critique things like you know "Hard Techno"?
It's been expressed by yourself how your tastes are so much more softer, so why would clanking noises be out of place? It's a Hard Techno song. Sometimes Scott your critique's are extremely pretentious, for a new jack. You critique like your last word

eyes without a face
20-08-2005, 02:39 PM
what are you on about? ive loved hard techno for years, just because i dont go on about it all day or make it all the time, very strange presumption there, if i didnt like hard techno would i be doing a banging Template release? odd....

if you read it properly then you'l notice
eyes without a face wrote:
this is good, but got way too clanky and busy for my personal tastes

i thought i was the only pedantic one round here

if Brad doesnt want me to comment on his tracks im sure he'd let me know

j_s
20-08-2005, 03:02 PM
nice. dark, futuristic, industrial - exactly what i look for in a techno track...

Digital Kid
20-08-2005, 09:18 PM
ello dude 'aving a listen as promised....

Very dark vibe to it, nice pad fx, kinda horror film sounding pad.

Very moody indeed kick fx hats etc all sound nice and clear got there own space.

All in all nice tune dude, very moody and dark and well produced. ;)

BRADLEE
21-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Yo guys I'll get to final mix down and re-post. I'll be off for about a week though. And man I saw that coming.... :lol:

eyes without a face
21-08-2005, 10:49 AM
well at least someone did ;)

i like the track alot, i never said i didnt, but honesty is the policy in here as we all know

finish it and get it a home dude! :twisted:

lau
21-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Yo guys I'll get to final mix down and re-post. I'll be off for about a week though. And man I saw that coming.... :lol:

yeah man good luck!!

Mindful
21-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Link wont work for me Brad :eh:

dirty_bass
21-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Awesome intro.
Yeah, I like this but it definitely needs work.
There`s a lot of imbalance between the various elements.
None of the percussion at present really plays off against the kick, in terms of size of sound. So this feels very bottom heavy.
Maybe put in a sound or beef up a sound that plays off against the kick, so that there is more balance to the groove.
The main body of percussion sits in the mid to high-mid/top area, so there is a big gap in the mid to high bass region that leaves the tune feeling a little thin.
Some good solid clonks or beefy synth chord stabs (dischordant would be nice) in the low mid region would do this a world of good.
Also some element to add a bit more drive and direction to this would be nice to take it away from being a straight drum track.
Nice edits through this.

Mindful
26-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Dark track mate like it and liking the edits.
This would work on the dancfloor for sure.
Have to aggree with D_B about the missing freqs at the moment the high mid section is dominating.
Theres room to stick some other elements for sure.

Its fu*kin loud aswell mate(not a bad thing)
Blew my ashtray all over my desk :lol:

:clap: :clap:

The Overfiend
26-08-2005, 08:46 PM
well at least someone did ;)

i like the track alot, i never said i didnt, but honesty is the policy in here as we all know

finish it and get it a home dude! :twisted:
Too bad you're the predictable one eh
Brad finish this.
Hook Up the Crow Buffet.

BRADLEE
28-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Awesome intro.
Yeah, I like this but it definitely needs work.
There`s a lot of imbalance between the various elements.
None of the percussion at present really plays off against the kick, in terms of size of sound. So this feels very bottom heavy.
Maybe put in a sound or beef up a sound that plays off against the kick, so that there is more balance to the groove.
The main body of percussion sits in the mid to high-mid/top area, so there is a big gap in the mid to high bass region that leaves the tune feeling a little thin.
Some good solid clonks or beefy synth chord stabs (dischordant would be nice) in the low mid region would do this a world of good.
Also some element to add a bit more drive and direction to this would be nice to take it away from being a straight drum track.
Nice edits through this.

Hey thanks for all of the feedback Steve, that is all well helpful homie. I'm trying to balance out and boost the mids a bit to bring out my perc more. I will also try to add some chords or something this eveing as well. I've been out for about a week now, so it took a while to respond.

tooltech
30-08-2005, 11:57 PM
thats the sound i prefer !!!!

good work

detfella
31-08-2005, 12:35 AM
yeah intro is spot on :!

slamming techno fo sure, kick drum sounds nice and solid think it helps theres no abss (i cant hear too much anyway)

nice job

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 01:05 AM
yeah intro is spot on :!

slamming techno fo sure, kick drum sounds nice and solid think it helps theres no abss (i cant hear too much anyway)

nice job

Thanks Danny. I will re-post it when it's done. As for there being no bass, well it is just sub bass layered under the kick. That is how the kick goes so low I think....but no I did not make any sort of complex bassline.

Bakura did a synth part for it that I have yet to render the file with,but I got rid of his and did my own. His version is more of a schranz version I guess.

detfella
31-08-2005, 01:10 AM
aye thats probably why my speakers can't reproduce it !

i like it how it is, but be good to hear another version to compare

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 05:06 PM
i like it how it is, but be good to hear another version to compare

Yeah I kind of like the way it sounds now as well, but I'm still going to see if I can add a bit more to it. I have no idea where to go for the synths, I must have tried 100 last night.....None of them really complimented it.

:eh:

BRADLEE
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/messanger/IMG_1131.jpg

OK well my ftp is down and Danny tried to hook me up with his, but for some reason the shit just doesn't work @ my job.
However I did get yousendit.com to work out. So if you want the final version...or atleast a version with a few more elements.....
here you go. Hope you guys enjoy it...Personally I think it's much better now.

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BNWW2GQBR2ID19GANBJ4IICE5

BRADLEE
08-09-2005, 08:05 PM
OK FTP IS BACK up so here is the final version. I have removed the one with no synths.

With synth

http://iluvtekno.com/BRAD+LEE-VS-BAKURA=SYSTEMSCOMBINED'first_projec'BradLEEFINAL.m p3

stjohn
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
ill check um when im back from work!!!!!!!!! ;)

The Overfiend
08-09-2005, 10:09 PM
With Synth Motherf*cker
Pure Crack in the flesh.

BRADLEE
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
With Synth Motherf*cker
Pure Crack in the flesh.

Cool homie really happy you like it....Hopefully others will as well. :rambo:

fatcollective
09-09-2005, 12:30 AM
well thats some fvckin tune....loads of variation, some great edits and a really clean sound. I really do love the vibe on this track, it never seems to end because it switches so much, seems like you have put a lot of effort into this and it has sure paid off in my eyes........ top quality tunage....excellent....more like this please ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dan the acid man
09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
yeah i like this, listened to the synth version.
great production, really nice structure too, love the way it builds up and then drops to just the kick and a few other elements.

xfive
09-09-2005, 01:29 AM
This is pretty cool.. sorta reminds me of headroom style shit
Nice evil sounds :twisted:

BRADLEE
09-09-2005, 04:54 PM
This is pretty cool.. sorta reminds me of headroom style shit
Nice evil sounds

Grassy ass K. Glad you're liking this one.

The Teknoist.
09-09-2005, 07:37 PM
excellent man, im really into it. The track sounds pretty damn full to me. Sounds really big with the delays going on all over.

I think you know what you were trying to achieve and probably have done.. anything i say is just opinion on the track as a whole... it works really well.

BRADLEE
09-09-2005, 10:20 PM
excellent man, im really into it. The track sounds pretty damn full to me. Sounds really big with the delays going on all over.

I think you know what you were trying to achieve and probably have done.. anything i say is just opinion on the track as a whole... it works really well.

Greatly appreciated man. You make very proper tunes yourself amigo.

audioinjection
10-09-2005, 03:53 AM
madness, complete madness!

good shite man :clap:

Mindful
10-09-2005, 05:51 AM
this is sounding much better now Brad.Its got more of an identity now and the productions great,Im realy digging the atmoshpere of the track.
Its also got great energy to go with mood and the edits and arrangment work realy well.
The best thing Ive heard of yours possibly.

BRADLEE
10-09-2005, 10:25 PM
wow, cool thanks guys. I really put a lot into this. Mainly I[m just really happy that you guys like it too. I really happy with this one.

orac
11-09-2005, 12:16 PM
quality track :clap: i really like that mystic melo in the background ;)

j_s
11-09-2005, 06:47 PM
new version is illllllll. more like this please...

BRADLEE
12-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Gracias amigos. I started something else new this weekend, so when I get it done I'll post it too...

But knowing me, I won't really be finished with it then I'll add some more... :lol:

Either way really glad everyone seems to be liking this. Perhaps I should send this one out to find it a home...

orac
12-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Perhaps I should send this one out to find it a home...

for sure !

BRADLEE
13-09-2005, 07:15 PM
anybody have any good ideas of who to send this to?? :eh:

nova
25-11-2005, 10:30 PM
yo brad smart tune there man. nic edits going on man. i seen this tune up a wile back but couldnt listen man coz i was at the libary :lol: . so i hunted it back up. was dieing ta hav a listen. a wikked beats man edits just keep evolving. up there with famliy crest

278d7e64a374de26f==