PDA

View Full Version : bpm

wenna
01-07-2003, 06:58 PM
hey all.

just a quick question about mixers. does anyone know if you have a dodgey BPM counter, does it effect the led beat indicator thingy??

DJZeMig_L
01-07-2003, 10:26 PM
m8.. bpm indicators r only good 4 cataloging yer records.. and if u play very diferent styles (speeds) in a set .. thus u can catalog yer records and try 2 do a smother flow between stuff... resulting in not having 2 really pitch down/up a certain record so that it fits with the latest 1.

Z

wenna
02-07-2003, 02:57 PM
cheers man.

basically what it is, is that i sold my old mixer to a mate when i got a neww one and when i gave it to him i told him that the bpm counter was a little dodgy. anyway, he took it away and now hes saying sh$t like because the bpm counter doesnt work, the beat sync indicator doesnt work and i should give him his money back, i think its bollocks personally and i'll chin him later!! :evil:

cheers

DJZeMig_L
02-07-2003, 05:09 PM
well I think that he's probably just pissed off 'cause he probably thought that a bpm could make him beatmix just fine... well it doesn't lol
djs need they're ears lots more than they're eyes if u know what I mean...lol

So Most bpm counters are litlle dodgy and will constantly change bpm reading... the best ones u can find r by Red...
the more decimal places u have the worst it gets.. have just a simple 3 digit lcd generally does the trick better, 'cause u don't seem 2 notice it so much!! ;)

Z

wenna
02-07-2003, 06:29 PM
:D yeah, i dont use the bpm counter much either cause all the music i play is at around 138-142 bpm. the bpm counter WAS dodgy on it though :roll: :D

278d7e64a374de26f==