PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - The Event + Got An Order To Kill

eyes without a face
21-08-2005, 09:31 PM
just thought id post this up ive been doing today, nice tribally number really bit of sunday funk as it where with some detroitish synths haha lemme know what peeps think

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_The_Event.mp3

edited and added this track i started on saturday aswell forgot to post it on

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Got_An_Order_To_Kill.mp3 - little bit darker, needs some work but its getting there

taaaaaa :rambo:

audioinjection
21-08-2005, 11:45 PM
i like the groove in this tune, but im not sure if that synth is working much with the track.....maybe its just my preference

the nice beats on the overall tune :)

eyes without a face
21-08-2005, 11:47 PM
no worries! thanks dude

lau
22-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Cool!!!

Im more into the first one.... I dont have any probs with the synth.... it feels kinda odd but for me it adds loads of flavour to the tune.... has a nice summer vibe to it!!! ( tho a summer in which it rains all day vibe kinda thing ;) )

Was less into the second one.. liked the beats tho... only the bleepy kinda sounds never seem to work for me...

anyways nice tracks :rambo:

eyes without a face
22-08-2005, 09:52 AM
no worries mate, cheers for listening

dirty_bass
22-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Like the first one, but the levels and EQ need proper sorting.
The bottom end is distorted and unbalanced. The kick and the bass are fighting each other for room, and all this makes the top end weak.
Carve that bass around the kick and maybe drop the level a bit.
This should give more room to the kick and everything else.
Also those classic claps you tend to use on the offbeat are a bit of a techno cliche.
Nice lead synth, could do with more room around it though.

2nd tune, sounds a bit like Lau`s stuff.
Kick again, is buried and unclear.
bottom end is very muddy.
Not too into this one.

eyes without a face
22-08-2005, 05:33 PM
appreciated, gonna go back to these with fresh ears

jeroenliebregts
22-08-2005, 07:15 PM
First one for me too! Only the synth could be a bit darker, but that's a personal taste issue i think...

Will
23-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, I listened to one of your tunes that's getting released I think and wasn't overly enamoured with it, but I really liked the first one and the 2nd one was pretty cool too. Was it my imagination though or do they both have elements you can only hear in the left channel? Seemed a bit odd if that's the case, but still.

I suppose I'll have to let you off slagging other peoples stuff if you're making good stuff yourself! :lol:

xfive
23-08-2005, 02:14 AM
First one's cool but the mix is a bit chong'd and makes everything unclear. The kick needs some more top end and eq to seperate it from the bass. I think both can be eq'd a bit more to leave space for everything else.
The synth pattern is fine but I don't know how keen I am on the particular patch you used..

Second one is cool too, and a bit clearer.

Finish em up.. I wanna here full arrangements! :lol:

audioinjection
23-08-2005, 02:46 AM
i just listened to that second one you added, its not bad, although its a bit too loopy, but i think worked out completely it will sound much nicer

BloodStar
23-08-2005, 10:04 AM
The Event - like this, nice leads synths,. but i think production part of thing could be much much better and i'm sure u can do better,. some more work on EQ is needed here, i think..

not too much into the second track. like some synth leads in it, but overall it sounds quite boring to me..production part of thing could be better,.i think bottom end is playing too loud and rest of sound dont have the right depth because of it..

Mindful
24-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Two tracks cool DL now will check em later tonight ;)

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:27 AM
love the first one, nice synth lines and groove, i agree on a few of the sounds distorting too much though

Mindful
26-08-2005, 07:54 PM
The event is a cool track sounds like a classis Scott Grey wiggle and shake yo ass type thing.
Will sound good when your usual production values have been applied.

Order to kill-I actually prefer this one myself it sounds like early days but I personaly like this one and think it will sound good with a bit of work.
I like how the down beat sticks out from the rest of the kick pattern and think with some atmosphere and work Ill be digging this but.......................needs some sonic work for sure.

278d7e64a374de26f==