PDA

View Full Version : Cubase and Reason (again!)

Agent 24
22-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Right, I've managed to wire them up before, but it doesn't seem to work now. I open Cubase first, but when I try and open Reason it normally displays an error message saying Reason can't run as the engine in not installed. However, Reason always opens normally if I use it by itself.

On other occasions, the laptop just freezes and the task manager comes up. I've noticed it says the CPU usage is 100%, although those are the only 2 programs I use at once and there is nothing else on when I'm producing.

Does this mean I have too much on the C drive and there's no room for Cubase (SL3) to run? My laptop has been freezing a lot more since I installed it.

EmotionComplex
02-09-2005, 03:07 AM
sounds like yhour laptop is being cained slightly, what spec is it and what sound card are you using.

if its onboard sound then i suspect that will be the main cause of it

Agent 24
02-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I'll have to get back to you about the spec ...can't remember... :doh:

Good point about the soundcard though, sometimes I just have the laptop on but other times I put the midi keyboard on as well, which has its own soundcard, guess it might be something to do with that?

mrbishi
29-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Sound to me like he just needs more ram if his cpu is hitting 100% Reason takes up mass memory to run especially if you got a lot of effects running

danielmarshall
12-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Reason doesn't use up that much RAM mrbishi... unless you're loading up gigs worth of Refills or you have 128MBs of memory or something. A CPU sitting at 100% is probably caused by a program going into an cyclic loop. Try checking to see if you've got something in a feedback loop (Virtual MIDI cables can do this.) Disable all VST plugins, MIDI utils, disconnect external hardware and then start putting everything back together. When you hit your problem you know what caused it and you can then attempt to remedy the situation. If it's a program, UNINSTALL FIRST, then reinstall it. Hope that sorted you out.

By the way, external sound cards usually cause a lot less trouble than internal ones since they don't deal with IRQs (Interrupt requests) or have PCI dramas. That is assuming your USB port drivers are functioning correctly :P

278d7e64a374de26f==