PDA

View Full Version : help please!!

wenna
02-07-2003, 08:11 PM
hey guys,

i have a little question for u all. if you have a mixer that doesn't have a sperate volume indicator for each channel, how do u get both records to the same volume??

:?

Paul Nisbet
02-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Think your gonna ave too do it through ear matey... been thru this before and its a basterd. lol

Do u mix progressivly (ie slowly bringin it in) Or do u drop it in???

Either way mate... Usin the gain is the best way... i would personally if i had ur prob start wi the tune u are bringin ins gains lower. Then increase from there.

wenna
02-07-2003, 11:03 PM
ccheers man- its not my mixer with the prob. just helping a mate out. cheers :D

DJZeMig_L
02-07-2003, 11:20 PM
ooops... this is MHO so no flames please..

I wouldn't use the gains at all... use the gains while u cue / pfl a track 'till u get ruffly the same vol in each channel .. then use the fader or even the x-fader... the gain can b very fast and very intense... sure u can get used 2 this method and get as smooth as u want but u get another mixer in front of ya nad its certain disaster...

A gain pot can generate a very big change in volume, U'll notice this with a brutal fact if u r playing on a big system!! (not so much at home !!)

Again this is my experience and personal opinion, so follow the method u feel workz better 4 ya!!

Z

cascade
03-07-2003, 09:15 AM
lots of people have different ways of using the mxer to increase/decrease the volume of a track,

in contrast to dj ze migL method i use the gain all the way. When im happy with the cue and the beats are right i turn the gain all the way down and wack the fader all the way up. Then use the gain to trim it into the other track.

but dont use my method because as ive learned this only works well with my mixer. Like dj ze said different mixers create different styles.
i should really change this cause i know this would cause problems in a club or different mixer, but try it any ways.

wenna
03-07-2003, 05:46 PM
cheers ppl :D i think that setting the pfl level to the same on each channel will probably work best for him (ie. -1 or 0db for each channel)

cheers :D

Paul Nisbet
04-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Its fair enough not usin gains.... but remember that if a mixer hasent got seperate eq levels.. then chances are that the mixer is a budget mixer, and imo cuein on a budget mixer is a lot harder too get the levels rite???

Ie the que in a budget mixer is not as good as a a+h, pioneer and vestax?

I had a numark a while ago, and tryin too get the levels rite imo, is very hard.

mindgame
07-02-2004, 10:10 AM
maybe also try dropping all of your eq's before you bring teh track in and mix them in slowly..they are alot smoother then the gains -

278d7e64a374de26f==