PDA

View Full Version : labels ripping people off

rowland the bastard
23-08-2005, 01:13 PM
it has come to my attention that dj's are ordering records off of some artists and labels paying for them and not getting there vinyl, its about time these company's are exposed, anybody got any stories?

RDR
23-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Hard To Find.

A whole barrel of worms there. its a bit OT. but they are bastards.

gary_human
23-08-2005, 01:27 PM
:rambo: bstrds!!!

yeah i think its time you turned into the roger cook of techno and sort this rabble out rowland ;)

dan the acid man
23-08-2005, 02:09 PM
luckily upto now ive never had a problem.
although im more nervous now tune inn has closed, the mail order shop im getting the records i cant get here in sheffield have already sent me scratched to **** vinyl thats supposed to be new

rowland the bastard
23-08-2005, 02:29 PM
i meant more the labels or artists, the reason im saying this is because i contacted someone who wanted a record from the infected back cat from discogs and even though they still wanted the vinyl they didnt want it from me cause they had been ripped off by this dutch dj/label owner who still owed him 100 pounds worth of records after 5 months from paying for them, when he was contacted and asked where the records where he got really pissed off with the buyer and told him to **** off, now personally i think thats really bad. it cost me a sale and with people like that around i can see why people are loosing interest.

so thtas why i started this thread really to see if alot of this happens, and then maybe i should do some rogering erm... i mean roger cooking stuff and expose the bastards.

btw
if your having a bad time from from record shop kinetec web site will be up anad running soon and they are top notch guys.

dan the acid man
23-08-2005, 08:11 PM
oops, got the wrong end of the stick.

i cant wait for kinetic to get their webby sorted, they'll be getting my custom when its up :cool:

jon connor
27-08-2005, 06:42 PM
although im more nervous now tune inn has closed, the mail order shop im getting the records i cant get here in sheffield have already sent me scratched to **** vinyl thats supposed to be new

not just tune inn there are a couple more to follow so i hear be very warey people.........

RDR
29-08-2005, 02:54 PM

not just tune inn there are a couple more to follow so i hear be very warey people.........

Pray tell then jon. no point in being shy about it now.

jon connor
29-08-2005, 03:49 PM

Pray tell then jon. no point in being shy about it now.

behave lad ;) i just hear there are a few more companys in diastrates , just chineese wisppers dude lets see wot appens ????????

dan the acid man
31-08-2005, 03:09 PM
well spin inn's site has been down for a week or so now

jon connor
31-08-2005, 05:04 PM
its a tough old bisiness out there fairplay :neutral:

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Yeah that really sucks in whole, but I've heard a lot of shady stories in general about the techno biz. Labels not paying Artists, Producers stealing tunes from other producers, Distro companies f*cking labels, and way more.

I say fare play should be the rule. This business is rough enough already for people to make a succesful living. So why make it harder???

Personally I will never underestand the mentality of people. I say just shoot the mother f*cker. Then he can't screw anyone else over.

Jav
01-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah that really sucks in whole, but I've heard a lot of shady stories in general about the techno biz. Labels not paying Artists, Producers stealing tunes from other producers, Distro companies f*cking labels, and way more.

I say fare play should be the rule. This business is rough enough already for people to make a succesful living. So why make it harder???

Personally I will never underestand the mentality of people. I say just shoot the mother f*cker. Then he can't screw anyone else over.

word ;)

DJAmok
01-09-2005, 03:09 AM

DJAmok
01-09-2005, 03:10 AM

yep, and those stories true :cry:

music business is full of crooks.

BRADLEE
01-09-2005, 08:07 PM
yep, and those stories true

music business is full of crooks.

I know man, I learn this more and more every day. Fools just need to try and understand that we're really all in this shit together. Even if some of us don't get along or whatever....we all make musik and hope to live from it some day. Or atleast that is what I am hopeful for in time.

If we help each other by supporting in any way needed, then as a whole I think we can succeed.

So instead of f*cking people over, those folks should concetrate their efforts in getting the musik out to the mass population. That should be our main goal at this stage in the game. We need more listeners for the musik to re-gain a strong hold once again.

As it stands many, even most people really just don't understand techno and are not evolved enough in their musical tastes to listen to it. So they have to be conditioned to be able to hear it. This happens by having the music in Movies, Commercials, video games, and any other mainstream media.

If we can find a way to inject it into their every day lives, then it will become more viable for people to live off what they love doing. And this can be accomplished without causing harm to anyone else or screwing over an innocent fan who wants to buy $100 worth of records from them.

But man, it really is going to take a lot of work on everyones behalf.

Aratron
04-09-2005, 10:05 AM
why did infectious distribution fold all those years ago?
how come tuneinn has folded? hasn't it become www.ukdancerecords.co.uk instead?

dan the acid man
04-09-2005, 12:03 PM

that doesnt look like its anything to do with the guys from tune inn to me.

has anybody used this shop, could do with a new online shop to use

Aratron
04-09-2005, 12:43 PM
dan i highly recommend www.juno.co.uk
the service is excellent, but dont forget to state your postal details if you wnat recorded delivery etc
their stock of techno and every other genre is second to none.
and banging tunes are still ok !

Aratron
04-09-2005, 12:54 PM

that doesnt look like its anything to do with the guys from tune inn to me.

has anybody used this shop, could do with a new online shop to use

oops sorry dan i meant www.ukvinylrecords.co.uk i think you will find this is pete gawtry's new set-up !!! :doh:
kindof similar names tho dontcha think

Louk
04-09-2005, 02:07 PM
theres also the story of distribution companies ****ing over employees and ripping employees friends off for 800 quid.

not that i care to name any names
Louk

dan the acid man
04-09-2005, 02:27 PM
oops sorry dan i meant www.ukvinylrecords.co.uk i think you will find this is pete gawtry's new set-up !!! :doh:
kindof similar names tho dontcha think

yeah, i already know about juno.

as for this ukvinyls one, looks like the same shop as your other link you posted.

Aratron
04-09-2005, 05:10 PM
yeah your right wheres my head at

Dave Elyzium
04-09-2005, 05:14 PM
why did Infectious fold???? cos its a good way of getting enough money to emigrate and live on a vineyard thats why :rambo:

i remember before they dissaperad they were chasing me up for weeks to pay for the collection of the vinyl that i paid for to be pressed. they picked them up, sold em, kept the money then had the cheek to try and charge me for picking the ****ers up.

Dave Elyzium
04-09-2005, 05:15 PM
funny thin gis if you do a google search for infectious distribution then you get loads of pages of diseases and such like..how ****ing apt ;)

Aratron
04-09-2005, 08:01 PM
who ran infectious then?

Tiddlypeep
25-09-2005, 09:17 PM
theres also the story of distribution companies **** over employees and ripping employees friends off for 800 quid.

Louk

Redemption by any chance?.

Will :)

fresh_an_funky_design
25-09-2005, 10:10 PM
theres also the story of distribution companies **** over employees and ripping employees friends off for 800 quid.

Louk

i think i know which distribtution company you mean.... and yeah there a bunch of arseholes... who ****ed my label over (even though we werent distributed by them), my distributor over and numerous other people from the sound of it. f u c ki ng wa nka's :rambo:

fresh_an_funky_design
25-09-2005, 10:11 PM

Louk

nail on the head there i think!! dont ever use em there cunts

DJAmok
26-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Mario Ranieri once postet a "blacklist" of Promoters and Labels who ripped off artists on the german USB and austrian tekkno.at boards.

But he took them off after he received some pretty nasty threats.

I'd love to repost the list, especially two assholes who didn't pay me for my tracks and who I got beef with, but then again, everyone knows who they are anyways.

Louk
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM

Louk

who said that :dontevengothere: no need! not that you aren't 100% right of course :)

Louk

Louk
02-10-2005, 11:54 AM

Louk

don't get me started i'll be here all ****in day man....i feel so sorry for pat hurley by the sounds of it, totally oblivious to what was going on with loads of his stock.

Louk

Tiddlypeep
12-10-2005, 06:13 PM
you heard they have went under.

Owe me quite a considerable amount of money that I'm never going to see.

Cunts.

fresh_an_funky_design
12-10-2005, 07:10 PM

Louk

don't get me started i'll be here all **** day man....i feel so sorry for pat hurley by the sounds of it, totally oblivious to what was going on with loads of his stock.

Louk

yeah redemption were selling our records cheap as **** like £1 each even though they didnt even belong to them, they belonged to pat (electronic distrubtion)

278d7e64a374de26f==