PDA

View Full Version : SX help please?

Bass Junkie
02-07-2003, 11:19 PM
You know the locartor line which plays along the screen in SX well it apears to be quite jumpy like slight stutters!

Audio seems fine but midi some times stutters and skips notes ect!!

What the best buffer size to have it on and what sample rate is best?

Also when exporting a audio mixdown it always says 16 bit / Mono
How do i get it to export it in stereo and should it be on 24 bit?

Anyone?

DJZeMig_L
02-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Okie try this tweeks I'm going 2 re-post then let us know if it got any better...

Also check if u aint using a really big zoom out!!

"...
Try the following...

Devices/ device Setup....

Number of disk buffers... play around with this figure and check if u get a better performance...

Disk buffer Size ... Not quite sure why but some1 in the back of my mind i tend 2 think that this figure should match the asio buffer u r using on yer soundcard... but then again I might just b say bollo***. So give it a go aswell...

Go to Expert...... this is were the "fun" starts...

Amount of preload ... leave this 4 last... try as a last resort 4 solving yer problem

Click Help ... 'cause it can really help ya understand what u need!

Audio priority - As u guys work mainly small clips, and a lot of audio, I would go 4 the High or max option!!

None Buffered Read/ one Buffered Write .... uncheck if u basically almost only work small clips, and lots of audio...

Lower latency... humm I don't really know if u'll need 2 fidle with this after all the rest... my guess is live checked untill u absolutly need 2 try and C if this will help solve the prob!!

If u guys use dual proc. Macs .. check Multiprocessing!

Got some more Tips into making wave displaying less fancy but quicker (and to my liking more practical)

File/ preferences...

VST
Uncheck
Preload Waves Plug-ins

Audio ...
Uncheck
Create Images During Recording

Check
Use Addicional level scan...
Snap to Zero Crossing

ON IMPORTING FILES ..... Convert if needed

Event Display.....
Check
Quick Zoom
Show event names (on personal flava)
Transparent events ( " " " )

Uncheck
Show data on small track heights
Colorize event backgound

Event Display..... Video
Uncheck
Show video thumbnails

Event Display..... Audio
Wave Image Style .... Solid
Check both boxes
........................................."

Z

Bass Junkie
02-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Niceone mate very much apreiciated!!

Ill let you know the result! :D

Also you know the performance bar in SX well how come through most of my track it hangs about 5 to 25 max but then out of the blue sometimes it will just boom right up and still at 70 and makes it slow right down!!

It only happen sometimes but just wanted to know the reason why it does it!

Also you know the 2 levels on the MEter in SX what are they for? I know what the top one is for CpU but whats the bottom one for?

If you get what I mean!

Cheers by the way Geeze! :D

Bass Junkie
02-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Also should it be on 24 bit or 16 bit and when exporting mixdown how Do I change it from mono to Stereo?
Should it be on 16 bit or 24 bit

DJZeMig_L
03-07-2003, 12:27 AM
The bottom indicator is 4 Hard disk usage/ performance..
Giv us a run down on yer PC spec so it will b easier 2 a some clues on yer particular prob...

I can't remember exactly but uppon doing file.. export... mixdown u get a screen with options so having an audio file with different bit rate or channels should b a simple case of choosing those options...

L8r 2day I'll have a look and let ya know on the morow!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==