PDA

View Full Version : Please help Strange latency problem

the_chef
24-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Hi peep’s,

I’m having really strange problem’s (to me any way) with latency settings in cubase vst v5. when I bounce a MIDI drum loop down to an audio track, and try to loop it the loop cuts out on the last beat or so. The only way ive found to solve this is to increase the latency to 40ms @ 44KHz. This is ok till I want to add more MIDI tracks then the latency starts screwing things up. Any ideas how I can get midi and audio to work in sync would be greatly appreciated.

If this will help, im running a p4 3.0 Ghz with 1 Gb ram, 160gb sata with a delta 66 card.

auditory hallucinations
24-08-2005, 12:19 PM
weird. try bouncing your loop down in an audio editor? such as wavelab et all...

then you can trim it perfectley, bring it back into cubase and it should all match up.

sorry if i've misunderstood, or if this is no help at all...

RDR
24-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi peep’s,

I’m having really strange problem’s (to me any way) with latency settings in cubase vst v5. when I bounce a MIDI drum loop down to an audio track, and try to loop it the loop cuts out on the last beat or so. The only way ive found to solve this is to increase the latency to 40ms @ 44KHz. This is ok till I want to add more MIDI tracks then the latency starts screwing things up. Any ideas how I can get midi and audio to work in sync would be greatly appreciated.

If this will help, im running a p4 3.0 Ghz with 1 Gb ram, 160gb sata with a delta 66 card.

do you have an evolution keyboard?

Jay Pace
24-08-2005, 02:15 PM
If you haven't already done so...

Make sure the ASIO is set up correctly. Go into your soundcard settings and cubase asio settings. Make sure the right ASIO driver is selected.

Your latency should be about 7ms

Sometimes when cubase crashes it mangles all the ASIO settings and they need to be reset.

278d7e64a374de26f==