PDA

View Full Version : VOTE FOR TECHNO

ssd
24-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Every year DJ magazine compiles a top 100 list of the supposed best dj´s around, yet it rarely features any techno at all. The top 100 may not seem important, you may not like DJ mag and you probably already know who your favourite dj´s are..get to see them often and don´t need to stroke their ego by voting for them. The reason it is important is that the list is seen globally as¨official¨, as the real people/party goers´ choice. By techno having little or no representation in the top 100 the profile of the trance and pop dj´s that make up most of the list just gets bigger while the techno scene keeps getting smaller, slipping further into obscurity.

As the club scene continues to spread around the world it will forever be dominated by the same few select DJ´s if they are the only ones that are ever mentioned in the magazines. New scenes and new clubs will never get to hear about anything but the obvious names, and music styles like techno, electro, broken beat or electronica will simply never make it to new places or find new audiences to keep it alive.

This year though, we´d like to turn things around: Instead of the media forever brainwashing the readers with the same old names we´d like to put techno firmly back on the map - and we can do so with your help. So please take out a couple of minutes of your time and try to get a few more deserving DJ´s in the top 100 this year:

http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

We´d also, of course, like to suggest your support for our trusty residents...

MARK BROOM

PAUL MAC

BEN SIMS

Best wishes, the RV´s
www.retro-vert.com

TechMouse
24-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Does anyone really care what DJ mag has to say?

Doesn't Tiesto just win every year as a matter of course?

dirty_bass
24-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I say everybody shows that mag up for the farce it is and votes for Jimmy Saville.

Jay Pace
24-08-2005, 03:02 PM
This guy is the bomb

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQAAAOIePhQqv3ZR0iBn*fSVT5RvPc8h6ThLboJMY5YCEXMkb 8sjw9oBL6EBaseuRKw5XFW9tnhPvGE2nwaoyBQKLNdj!A6VP!Q Ar6wbKHh5nspC8pvm5r!KTWZnzNs*5YkfCzcoSUj!X!mbccid4 g/simon%20grooms%20mobile%20disco.jpg

ssd
24-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Does anyone really care what DJ mag has to say?

Doesn't Tiesto just win every year as a matter of course?

that was the whole point of the post, you may not care or think it important but it is because sooo many believe it to be the truth.

eyes without a face
24-08-2005, 07:10 PM
i wouldnt agree, there's always a few techno heads in there anyway like Clarke, Hawtin, Cox... but these polls are meaningless, stupid ego games

ampassasinbirmingham
24-08-2005, 07:15 PM
sureley finke rips shit out of broom on the ones and twos?

eyes without a face
24-08-2005, 07:20 PM
that's some claim Billy son, have you seen Broomy spin?

There both spot on :rambo:

The Overfiend
24-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Broom Vs Finke
Damn..................
They are both nasty as f*ck..

Traxx
24-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Broom is more of a guarentee for me. Finke can rip when he wants.

iffi
24-08-2005, 10:33 PM
I say everybody shows that mag up for the farce it is and votes for Jimmy Saville.

...seconded... ;)

kai_1
24-08-2005, 11:54 PM

Why is the magazine a farce Steve? If Techno artists and Techno records are being talked about in magazines is that not a good thing?

Would it not give sales or club nights a boost by spreading the word?

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Apparently not.
Magazines have little to no effect on sales n stuff in my experience.
As much as I love to read, these days, people judge with their ears. Why listen to a review when you can pop online and actually hear the music with your own ears and make a judgement.

And DJ lists really suck.
Techno is marginalised is most of the mainstream Dj mags.

Bring back Wax, it was the only decent dance mag there was.

g
25-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Overload!

dan the acid man
25-08-2005, 12:12 AM
yeah i liked wax :cry:

Mindful
25-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Wax was hands down the best music mag for underground shinnanigens.
If they would have done a DJ poll I bet it would have been truer than the hyped up Dj mag top 100 that has a top ten of djs yer nan would know.
Top 10 will probably be in no perticular order ....Coxy,Fergei,Tiesto,Morrillo,Sasha,Digweed,Yoji hmathingymaboby,Eddie Halliwell,Sven and me :lol: ...............Possibly.

fatcollective
25-08-2005, 12:29 AM
tiesto all the way, i mean how many other djs have introduced the olymic games....... must of got paid a fvckin fortune....CVNT :evil:

The Divide
25-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Bring back Wax, it was the only decent dance mag there was.

Eternity was alright too

MARKEG
25-08-2005, 01:42 AM
:) nice 1 guys

MARKEG
25-08-2005, 01:44 AM
If they would have done a DJ poll I bet it would have been truer than the hyped up Dj mag top 100 that has a top ten of djs yer nan would know.
Top 10 will probably be in no perticular order ....Coxy,Fergei,Tiesto,Morrillo,Sasha,Digweed,Yoji hmathingymaboby,Eddie Halliwell,Sven and me :lol: ...............Possibly.

i fought ****in hard to make wax a good mag. all i ever got was money men trying to put naked girls on the front cover. but while it lasted, i think we did a good job. eternity too, we tried really, really hard. i don't think there's a single mag out there on this level anymore. such a shame.

TechMouse
25-08-2005, 09:46 AM
that was the whole point of the post, you may not care or think it important but it is because sooo many believe it to be the truth.
In which case, the CD:UK chart is also important...

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 10:33 AM

i fought **** hard to make wax a good mag. all i ever got was money men trying to put naked girls on the front cover. but while it lasted, i think we did a good job. eternity too, we tried really, really hard. i don't think there's a single mag out there on this level anymore. such a shame.

Wax was the shit man.
that`s the only music magazine I have ever relentlessly bought.
I still have all the issues, and all the cover CD`s.
I mean, they had a liberator headline cover story for chrissake.
Right on the button when it should have happened too.
Props for being on that, your monthly rants were hilarious.
:clap:

G-BO
25-08-2005, 11:38 AM
who gives a f*ck

keep all teh techno & electronica underground ;)

gary_human
25-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Wax was the shit man.

yeah that was the best dance music mag i ever bought apart from hiphop connection :oops:

i even got my charts in there once ;)

RDR
25-08-2005, 11:46 AM
who gives a f*ck

keep all teh techno & electronica underground ;)

For some of us its a job. For most of us its love, for all of us it matters. Underground or not.

Props to Mark for thos class magazines, cant say i bought all of em but i did enjoy em when i found them to buy.

Cheers mate. Good call.

Francisco Scaramanga
25-08-2005, 11:56 AM
The only bit of the top 100 djs bullshit that amuses me, is Jeff Mills' inevitable refusal to have anything to do with it. He has been in there ever year I've looked at it, going back to 97 or so, and every time he refuses to speak to them about it at all, so they have to fill the space the best they can. Fair play to him for telling them to **** off, and a few years ago he was even getting as high a rating as 11 if I remember right.

french_og
25-08-2005, 01:21 PM
It´s a different story for Mistress Barbara, she has a big flashing Vote pop up on her website. Went on their as she played a awesome 4 hours set at Revival friday night and I was looking for a download and all you get it is this vote b*llox.

Actually her set friday was the best i have heard all year.

Frank Dogshit
25-08-2005, 01:33 PM
got sims in there aswell as carola,hawtin,inigo and 1 other i canny remember.

lau
25-08-2005, 01:59 PM
tiesto all the way, i mean how many other djs have introduced the olymic games....... must of got paid a fvckin fortune....CVNT :evil:

Heard he played for free... he got 400.000 euro's tho coz is music reached such a big audience.... ( think its buma stemra that takes care of this here in holland.. dunno what the worldwide organisation is tho...)

Mindful
26-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Wax was the shit man.

Word
used to piss myself at Marks techno reviews "If he thinks im sticking that contraption up my arse hes got another thing comming". I remember was said about one record :shock: :lol:

distek
27-08-2005, 12:56 AM

i fought **** hard to make wax a good mag. all i ever got was money men trying to put naked girls on the front cover. but while it lasted, i think we did a good job. eternity too, we tried really, really hard. i don't think there's a single mag out there on this level anymore. such a shame.

Now Eternity was wikid!! i remember when they came to the Downtown (Steam) in Rhyl one night to reveiw it, i think i even got my face in one of the pictures of the review!!

278d7e64a374de26f==