PDA

View Full Version : VOTE FOR TECHNO

ssd
24-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Every year DJ magazine compiles a top 100 list of the supposed best dj´s around, yet it rarely features any techno at all. The top 100 may not seem important, you may not like DJ mag and you probably already know who your favourite dj´s are..get to see them often and don´t need to stroke their ego by voting for them. The reason it is important is that the list is seen globally as¨official¨, as the real people/party goers´ choice. By techno having little or no representation in the top 100 the profile of the trance and pop dj´s that make up most of the list just gets bigger while the techno scene keeps getting smaller, slipping further into obscurity.

As the club scene continues to spread around the world it will forever be dominated by the same few select DJ´s if they are the only ones that are ever mentioned in the magazines. New scenes and new clubs will never get to hear about anything but the obvious names, and music styles like techno, electro, broken beat or electronica will simply never make it to new places or find new audiences to keep it alive.

This year though, we´d like to turn things around: Instead of the media forever brainwashing the readers with the same old names we´d like to put techno firmly back on the map - and we can do so with your help. So please take out a couple of minutes of your time and try to get a few more deserving DJ´s in the top 100 this year:

http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

We´d also, of course, like to suggest your support for our trusty residents...

MARK BROOM

PAUL MAC

BEN SIMS

Best wishes, the RV´s
www.retro-vert.com

slavestudios
24-08-2005, 03:26 PM
good luck with that, but quite personally i dont see hwat difference it will make... other than perpetuauting the idea that dj polls are a 'good thing'

neilybin
25-08-2005, 10:27 AM
done, voted for Dave the drummer, Julian Liberator, Lenny Dee, Jeff Amadeus, DJ Emerson

basslinejunkie
25-08-2005, 02:24 PM
ok il vote,but i dunno what itl achieve.these things are simply a popularity contest.

Louk
25-08-2005, 06:57 PM
with my techno and trance background i voted for these

Here are my votes

01. Jon Doe (always been one of my favourites and every time I have seen him play I am on the dancefloor. when he plays hard trance a good 70% of his set are the records that I own!)

02. Petrae Foy (for his consistant blinding techno sets and the fact that he plays tunes that I want to track down every time!)

03. Choose (for being a danish legend with similar taste to me and plus he is hugely underrated)

04. Organ Donors (for such a strong display of technical wizadry and immaculate tune selection when I have heard them)

05. Exos (for his impressive three deck mixing and strong dedication towards techno in such a small community and of course his technical ability and tune selection behind the decks!)

Louk

MARK NEENAN
25-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Done! Normally i put a d&b dj in there a breakz dj in there and 2 techno one's, but as last years poll had a serious lack of techno dj's i've voted only for techno jocks!

Had to put Patrick skoog in there after his set @ atmosphere the other month.

PATRICK SKOOG
DAVE THE DRUMMER
SURGEON
CHRIS LIBERATOR
ANT

Come on people! Place your votes, let's get the techno dj's noticed for a change! :cool:

DJ Becka
26-08-2005, 01:34 PM
ok il vote,but i dunno what itl achieve.these things are simply a popularity contest.

It may be a popularity contest and a crock of shite, but the fact remains that there are still people who pay attention to lists like this....which is why it's important to get some techno djs up there.....enough with all this trance bullshit.....time for us to unite and vote techno!!!!!

Same thing applies to that website 'the dj list'....I never knew it exsisted until someone said to me 'you are ranked #2000 blah blah out of x amount of djs'......'I am? the dj list? what's that?'....I now have a profile set up there with music and whatnot-that way people can listen to my stuff, and if they like, can vote for me......I look at it as extra promotion ;)
And I hate to say it, but it actually makes me feel good knowing that people voted for me on there.....I mean, out of 50000 djs-I've gotten a decent ranking....not bad for someone who's name isnt Tiesto :lol:

DJ Becka
26-08-2005, 01:35 PM
btw....I voted for Ben Sims for this dj mag poll......after that set he played in Detroit, the man deserves some credit cuz that set was amazing!!!!! :clap:

jeroenliebregts
27-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I like your idea, but I don't think it will help the techno scene at all. The large crowd will always have a bad taste, especially in music... In my opinion people shouldn't waste their time worrying about such a fake-list. We're not trying to get techno on Top of the Pops either...I'm glad we don't! The beauty of an underground scene is that it took people some effort to find out about this music and these parties, and they didn't just get pushed in by commercials and stuff. I'd much rather perform for 500 people who came to the party for the music, than 5000 people that are just there because everybody goes there.
I get your point though, but I think it's better to ignore such a list....because it will look the same as last year anyway....

Mindful
27-08-2005, 09:16 PM
I'd much rather perform for 500 people who came to the party for the music, than 5000 people that are just there because everybody goes there.

Well said man thats techno

Mindful
27-08-2005, 09:24 PM
[quote="jeroenliebregts"] The beauty of an underground scene is that it took people some effort to find out about this music and these parties, and they didn't just get pushed in by commercials and stuff. quote]

And that couldnt have said it better.

I can see the benifits of techno getting exposure but as said above go and find this music cause you love it(alltho somtimes people just dont know it exist untill they have read about or are shown it)So I can see different angles on this one.

Still im swayed towards the go find it for yourself when its not popular side of things.

Im pissed and possibly chatting shit tho.makes sense in my head :lol:

FUSION
28-08-2005, 10:51 PM
done, voted for Julian Liberator

why >?

Chris_Go
29-08-2005, 01:13 AM
that well to support the scene techno. :rambo: :rambo: :clap: :clap:

AcidTrash
29-08-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm too busy mixing to give a shit who's the best DJ or read wanky DJ magazines.

Evil G
29-08-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm too busy wanking to learn how to read. :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==