PDA

View Full Version : Vocals In Techno ?

slavestudios
24-08-2005, 03:24 PM
could this be whats needed to help techno move forward ?

personally, i always loved techno for its lack of vocals, but i think maybe it may help to move some more emotion into the music if done right..

and i dont know exactly what 'right' it is... thinkin 'Disconnevt' by Plastikman.

dunno.. jus a thought. i think it may help give tracks a bit more individuality & personality maybe.

you know a Green Velvet track a mile off & Rush has his very own sound with vocals.

what think the people ?

RDR
24-08-2005, 03:28 PM
I do this all the time.

Have a listen to one of my tracks on me site called dub riot. Vocals in the break.

( :oops: shamless plug)

I love vocals.

TechMouse
24-08-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't think any one solution is going to be a catch-all solution to end all of Techno's woes.

That's if it really has any, which I still think is arguable.

RDR
24-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't think any one solution is going to be a catch-all solution to end all of Techno's woes.

"The more things change the more they stay the same, we wont change unless we criticise ourselves"

Sung harshly in the voice of Jello Biafra. (Bedtime for democracy)

The only truth is evolution.

slavestudios
24-08-2005, 03:31 PM

i concur. it isnt gonna solve whatever the problem is, but it might give us all summat new to think about & listen to for a bit & maybe cause ppl to think differently about other aspects of production.

TechMouse
24-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Millions of god-fearing Americans might argue with you there.

RDR
24-08-2005, 03:37 PM

Cool bring em on, four pints of stella and ill have em all.

Bloody god botherers.

dirty_bass
24-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, I`m doing a lot of this myself.
Although the vocals are also approached with the same attitude as the techno.
Experimental literature or prose fitted to the music.
Although I think it then becomes more of a listening thing, than a dancefloor thing.
Which is fine by me.

dan the acid man
24-08-2005, 04:25 PM
ive always loved vocals, but like anything, when its over done by everybody it can get tedious, just like the chanting everybody decided to use.

i think a good mxitrue is whats needed, one thing i am pleased at lately is the ammount of synths being used again :cool:

drift9
24-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Some of Alexander Kowalski’s stuff has really opened me up to the fact that vocals/singing in techno can in fact be really good—if done properly. I felt he really hit it out of the park on Response in terms of vocals. That said, I do believe that singing in techno is one way that techno can advance, though not the only way. I would hate for lyrics in techno tracks to become the rule rather than the exception.

Ritzi Lee
24-08-2005, 06:24 PM
If I think about vocals in techno,
i think about the vocoders in early Luke Slater tracks.

audioinjection
25-08-2005, 02:48 AM
i love vocoders

though over used, still dope :rambo:

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 07:09 AM

Ignorant remarks on both your parts.........
Not cool.

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 07:11 AM

Not cool.

I dunno man, Bush`s push for I.D instead of evolution to be taught in schools is a little bit frightening.

Mirsha
25-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Christ no, they way I look at music means vocals can be a tool of the devil if abused. It all has to do with how the music in my eyes interacts with the vocals, techno to me has always been a pure form of musical expression, it's like a little self contained bundle which impacts the listener using a variety of intermingled sounds to express an emotion of some sort. Stuff with vocals in it, and I'm mostly talking chart pish here, doesn't have that freedrom of expression within the music, because instead your attitude to it is being shaped by the vocal lead and in fact it draws people listening it into conformity about the music.

Mirsha
25-08-2005, 08:49 AM
I dunno man, Bush`s push for I.D instead of evolution to be taught in schools is a little bit frightening.
I don't see why everyone is in such a big fuss about the creationism vs evolution argument in America. It's a simple enough matter to solve, simply teach both. I mean creationism is hardly the most complex subject in the world

Creationism 101: On the first day God created the universe, and on the seventh he rested.

Sorted, one half hour session somewhere then they can get back to teaching the kids an actual science.

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 08:59 AM
http://images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/158/7/6/__a_gift_from_Demonika.jpg

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't see why everyone is in such a big fuss about the creationism vs evolution argument in America. It's a simple enough matter to solve, simply teach both. I mean creationism is hardly the most complex subject in the world

Creationism 101: On the first day God created the universe, and on the seventh he rested.

Sorted, one half hour session somewhere then they can get back to teaching the kids an actual science.

Ah but the problem is, that they don`t want evolution to be taught at all.

Mirsha
25-08-2005, 09:20 AM
There is only one way they'll ever really settle this isn't there? When the creationist have been bred out of the population by an evolutionary process.

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 10:12 AM

Ah but the problem is, that they don`t want evolution to be taught at all.
Because sometimes you cant help but hide the truth around here, give people a reason to look ;)

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 10:30 AM
There is only one way they'll ever really settle this isn't there? When the creationist have been bred out of the population by an evolutionary process.

That`s one of the most intelligent, yet crafty things I`ve read in a long time.
Well done.

RDR
25-08-2005, 10:54 AM

Not cool.

What on earth are you talking about Sam...? I only mentioned evolution in musical terms, not anything else

"The only surety in music is that fact it wil evolve" I mentioned nothing about god until Techmouse raised the issue. In fact it couldnt be further from my mind.

Yes, my remark concerning "Bloody God botherers" might have offended you, and im sorry if it did (it was meant tongue in cheek). However this is a public forum of a sort and as far as im aware allows a decent amount of free speech. Im sorry if you dont like my opinion on religion, although if you like we can continue the discussion via PM.

TechMouse
25-08-2005, 10:54 AM

Not cool.

Are there millions of god-fearing Americans that believe in Creationism?

Would they argue with what Dodgy said?

Where am I being ignorant exactly?

I wasn't tarring you all with the same brush at all.

davethedrummer
25-08-2005, 10:40 PM

Not cool.

2 pages on.....
and it doesn't have a single thing to do with vocals in techno....... :roll:

eyes without a face
25-08-2005, 10:52 PM
got to be the biggest topic leap yet that, from vocals in techno to creationism vs evolutionism in america

:crackup:

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 10:58 PM

Not cool.

2 pages on.....

Funny thing is that was my point to begin with.
God has no place in techno :pray:

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Back on topic for once.

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 11:12 PM

Not cool.

2 pages on.....

Vocals in wha?

heavy beats
25-08-2005, 11:51 PM
innercity - goodlife

w00t

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 11:58 PM
no no
no no no no
no no no no
no no
there`s no lyrics.

Frank Dogshit
26-08-2005, 12:06 AM
nah,no need for vocals in techno....spoils my evening.

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:12 AM
maybe somebody could write some lyrics about this subject and put them over a techno track :hmm:

Frank Dogshit
26-08-2005, 12:24 AM
15 CANNNSSS OF STELLA!!

**** OFF!

acidsaturation
26-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Depends on the vocals...
and the state of mind.

Enjoyed shouting "Do you like it, Acid Junkie?" at full belt on pills and spesh... Deep and meaningful (or plain wierd) vox are a bit psy-trance ish, but I'm guilty of them occasionally.

...and listening to ps*trance if the moods right.

I like samples form films that I like in tunes.

dirty_bass
26-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Acid phonk for your ass with that california class that shit is out there.

acidsaturation
26-08-2005, 12:46 AM
...a Large Chinese Rabbit, who is easy to spot as he is always standing in the shade of a cinimon tree...

BANG BANG BANG BANG...

holotropik
26-08-2005, 10:27 AM
....its a bitch in a box, that just sucks cock through the port of a bass-bin./\)&5>'''',,,,,,

jon connor
28-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, I`m doing a lot of this myself.
Although the vocals are also approached with the same attitude as the techno.
Experimental literature or prose fitted to the music.
Although I think it then becomes more of a listening thing, than a dancefloor thing.
Which is fine by me.

yea ive had a dabble at this on the next release , god knows where the vocals came from just wrote on a peice of paper some random stuff then recorded with some nice effects, but they work really well...... but think the trick is with techno and vocals is not to over do it short and sweet always works best ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==