PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie Hawtin - Mixmag September Issue

Jay Sanders
25-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Has anyone seen the Interview with Mr Hawtin in this months Mixmag.... not the sort of magazine that usually is interested in techno but now they are!!

I really enjoyed reading it... never really knew much about him before... not even heard him play, but it was great to read about how he found himself again in 2002 when he moved to Berlin and hooked up with Vath and Vilallabos..... really inspiring stuff!!

I know that i have to see him play now for sure...

G-BO
25-08-2005, 11:34 AM
gonna see him on saturday at creamfields :cool:

seen him twice in shine and twice in cocoon, f*ckeen legend :clap:

doc12inch
25-08-2005, 01:17 PM
gonna see him on saturday at creamfields :cool:

seen him twice in shine and twice in cocoon, f*ckeen legend :clap:

im going to see him too - hes one of the rare few i havent seen so ill be looking forward to it

Frank Dogshit
25-08-2005, 01:19 PM
quality dj,never fails to impress.

mattboyslim
28-08-2005, 01:25 PM
the only reason mixmag are sniffing around is because this bleepy stuff him and villalobos ar eplaying is the 'next big thing' so i'm told. don;t expect it to last

Louk
28-08-2005, 01:29 PM
hawtin's ace mate, i recommend his dex fx and 909 album for essential listening, truly mindblowing - 38 tunes in 61 minutes

Louk

Stella Boy
28-08-2005, 02:01 PM
the only reason mixmag are sniffing around is because this bleepy stuff him and villalobos ar eplaying is the 'next big thing' so i'm told. don;t expect it to last

they've always been like that, it sells magazines. It annoys me how they claim to have invented certain genres of dance music or found the next best thing, total bullsh1t. Their techno reviews page goes to show what they're all about :roll:

mattboyslim
28-08-2005, 07:34 PM

they've always been like that, it sells magazines. It annoys me how they claim to have invented certain genres of dance music or found the next best thing, total bullsh1t. Their techno reviews page goes to show what they're all about :roll:yeah the way they slap sub genres onto styles that have been knocking about for years.

wet'n'hard for example.

as bill hicks says, marketing is the ruiner of everything good. amen to that

278d7e64a374de26f==