PDA

View Full Version : compressed sept 17th Julian Liberator

Mucky Beats
25-08-2005, 12:26 PM
COMPRESSED

@ORANGE PEEL , 90 WEST PARADE , RHYL.

SATURDAY SEPT 17TH

NUCLEAR AUDIO....

JULIAN LIBERATOR ( 4 x 4, Stay Up For Ever )

The free techno party scene that gained momentum from the early 1990s in London (and later spread to the rest of the UK and Europe) provided a ground for several distinct artists. The whole movement meant different things to different people.

For Julian Liberator it provided a platform to experiment: sounds, structure, rhythms and styles. Julian's music and DJing has always tried to add a different twist to all of this. It would be unfair and misinformed to try to pin Julian's work under one comfortable title.

Hard techno, funky techno, acid techno, wonky techno… he has done it all successfully. But even to call him a techno DJ wouldn't cover all areas. Julian also produces and plays both electro and drum and bass, and has even displayed punk/new wave, funk and disco references in his tunes.

Julian LIberator was one of the key figures in bringing electronic music to the free party milieu. Together with Aaron and Chris, he formed the Liberator DJs in 1991. They went on to become stalwarts of that scene.

Always after the next challenge, he was one of the first DJs from the London free party scene to push things away from the dominant acid sound towards a more percussive, techno edge. His label 4 X 4 has from the beginning, championed a more minimal, techno funk: dance floor driven, but always with an experimental twist.

4 X 4 has become a highly respected imprint in techno circles, with releases from Julian, Henry Cullen, Cristian Varela, Renato Cohen (his first European release), DJ Rush, Paul Langley, Leo Laker, Mark Verbos, Mara Bruiser, Sandy Warez and Robert Natus.

Julian also started Artefact, a special picture disc series. The first, “Are U Jackin” was played by Bam Bam and Dave Clarke, who licensed it to his acclaimed World Service compilation as the A1 cut.
In 2004, he began a new label, Ultra Funk, which does exactly what it says on the label - extreme funk with hard abstract sounds, including releases from Leo Laker and two collaborations with Camilo Rocha, the Brazilian DJ who remixed the City of God soundtrack.

Julian is one of the founders and owners of the SUF Collective with Chris and Aaron Liberator. Apart from running eight labels of their own, the collective has gone on to nurture and financially back many an underground talent including Geezer, DAVE The Drummer, DJ Ant, Martin Hare and Alex S from Brasil.

With everyone going mad for bootlegs, Julian's contribution to the wave of mash-ups, is an awesome techno bomb that features "O Superman" by Laurie Anderson. The record was played by the late John Peel on his Radio One show and got many plays on London's XFM. Another memorable Julian record, the "Funky" track of 4 X 4 X 9, borrowed from a classic disco anthem, which received intense radio play by Judge Jules (11 consecutive Radio 1 shows) and was licensed to several compilations.

Julian is currently splitting time between the UK and Brazil. He has had a long-time relationship with the latter country. He was around back in the day, at the peak of São Paulo's legendary Hell's Club. He played at another historical SP club, Sound Factory, as well as some of the city's first raves. Julian has continually brought new music over and given support to the local DJ’s and radio stations. Renato Cohen's first international release and Anderson Noise's debut international gig happened thanks to Julian. He has worked with several Brazilian names such as Camilo Rocha, Embolex VJs collective and MC Gaspar, from hip hop outfit Z'África Brasil.

Julian has traveled around the world with his music, including gigs in Russia, Japan, USA, Canada, Australia, Korea, Venezuela and most European countries. He has played at many festivals including Dance Valley, Glastonbury, Phoenix Festival, Megadog and many a Czech-Tech.

He is now about to launch his long-awaited debut album, True Defective, a truly amazing piece of music. A reflection of his various influences, it encompasses hip hop, electro, funky techno and hard tribal techno among other sounds.

Julian Liberator is represented worldwide by SUF Collective (tel (44) 208 533 1717 / e-mail via bookings@sufcollective.co.uk) and in Brazil by Smartbiz for DJs (tel (55) 11 3891 1441 / e-mail via smartbiz@smartbiz.com.br)

MUCKY BEATS ( F.A.T Collective, Kick The Drum, Resident )
NICK ANARCHY & ALSYNTHE ( Future Shock & Cranked )
A.P & DISTEK ( F.A.T Collective, Residents )
MACCA ( Clinic, Steam )
MISTRESS MANIA ( Compressed )

IN-A-STATE...

LATE ( Clinic )
DANNY ELLIS ( Generate )
JONNY SMART ( More Punk Than Funk, F.A.T Collective )
JULES VANDER ( Sonic State, Digital )
DJ M & BONZ ( Detenation, B2B Sessions )
MAT MANFRIDI ( Fequency )
SHAG-E ( DJ Comp Runner Up, Fequency)

£7 otd
8pm till 3am

FuK-NuT
25-08-2005, 12:38 PM
does julian play live then ;) ;)

fils_here
25-08-2005, 03:59 PM
will be there for that one!!!!!!!!! i remember the last time he played the peel when the dosse posse had it, there was a lock in, after he played his main set he went back on to play his funky hip hop(call it what u like) kinda stuff to the early hours!! top ****in nite i tell thee.
can't wait :clap:

25-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Qulaity producer is Julian Liberator , will be sick as ****

nick_anarchy
25-08-2005, 05:26 PM
beast i sence another mad weekend after futureshock :rambo:

Mucky Beats
30-08-2005, 07:54 PM
beast i sence another mad weekend after futureshock :rambo:

yep will be rocking

Technobitch
31-08-2005, 12:14 PM
im moving back to mancland that weekend :evil:

nick_anarchy
31-08-2005, 12:37 PM
the move has been cancelled now :lol:

alsynthe
31-08-2005, 12:45 PM
haha bring on the messiest weekend for a long time!!! not been out since the quarry party in northwales

nick_anarchy
31-08-2005, 02:22 PM
haha bring on the messiest weekend for a long time!!! not been out since the quarry party in northwales

no excuses but u r a lightwaight

alsynthe
31-08-2005, 02:34 PM
lightweight has nothin to do with it, commitments is the issue

nick_anarchy
31-08-2005, 02:35 PM
blah blah blah .. enuff of the small talk ... u just make sure your real hardcore on this weekend dude

Technobitch
02-09-2005, 11:06 AM
the move has been cancelled now :lol:

wish it was but i start back to uni on the tuesday so need to get my act together!

im trying to think of a plan so i can do both........ ummmmmmmmmm?????

nick_anarchy
02-09-2005, 02:11 PM
shall i blag ted to help with his car on the sun/monday :lol:

Mucky Beats
04-09-2005, 01:47 PM

do it :lol:

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 01:50 PM
gonna be a wikid night this, julian hasnt been in north wales for about 5 years, last time he was here we had a right laugh...hes cool as fvck..cant wait for this !

Technobitch
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM

tempting! can see it now, all us lot fukt up moving me to manchester! wot a way to start my 3rd year!

nick_anarchy
05-09-2005, 10:50 AM

tempting! can see it now, all us lot fukt up moving me to manchester! wot a way to start my 3rd year!

haha could be one to remember ... his car will of been in for mot aswell and all sorted

Technobitch
05-09-2005, 10:56 AM

haha could be one to remember ... his car will of been in for mot aswell and all sorted

defo given me sumink to think about!

nick_anarchy
05-09-2005, 10:57 AM
:lol: :lol:

Mucky Beats
06-09-2005, 08:41 PM
:lol:

nick_anarchy
06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
also makie said he would help

Mucky Beats
06-09-2005, 09:22 PM

no way i would'nt piss on her if she was on fire :nono:

nick_anarchy
06-09-2005, 11:30 PM

haha charming

Technobitch
07-09-2005, 11:52 AM

cheers bud! id piss on you! not if you were on fire though, just to be nasty! :evil: he he he

Mucky Beats
07-09-2005, 11:33 PM

cheers bud! id piss on you! not if you were on fire though, just to be nasty! :evil: he he he

thanks mate ;)

nick_anarchy
07-09-2005, 11:41 PM
just been up to a old mates and hes very much up for this so thats another car comeing hehe my work does pay off after all :rambo:

Technobitch
09-09-2005, 03:56 PM

thanks mate ;)

thats ok, thats just the kind of friend i am!

Mucky Beats
12-09-2005, 04:23 PM
1 week to go

nick_anarchy
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
1 week to go

less than a week dude :lol: :lol:

Technobitch
12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
good luck for this mackie!

i am trying to sort sumink out so i dont miss it!

nick_anarchy
12-09-2005, 05:20 PM

chop chop get it sorted :rambo:

Mucky Beats
12-09-2005, 06:36 PM

chop chop get it sorted :rambo:

init it aint the same without a loudmouth bitch at the front ;)

nick_anarchy
12-09-2005, 06:46 PM
haha

fatcollective
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
haha

its no joke mate, proper loud mouth bitch, infact she dont shut up sometimes :lol:

nick_anarchy
12-09-2005, 09:54 PM
i seen her at locked but she wasnt like that at the last futureshock .. only time will tell tho but i can see her goin a bit mad this weekend seeing as bryns on

Technobitch
13-09-2005, 11:56 AM
haha

its no joke mate, proper loud mouth bitch, infact she dont shut up sometimes :lol:

who me??????

im moving my stuff on thursday now so its out of the way, then all i got to do is get to mancland b4 tuesday and ill be sound!

nick_anarchy
13-09-2005, 12:48 PM
sweet all snorted then ..

fatcollective
13-09-2005, 03:24 PM

eh, all snorted, you shady git...wheres mine :shock:

nick_anarchy
13-09-2005, 04:06 PM

eh, all snorted, you shady git...wheres mine :shock:

:doh:

fatcollective
14-09-2005, 04:50 PM
:lol:

nick_anarchy
15-09-2005, 01:03 PM
sniff sniff

kai_1
15-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Have a good one ya Welsh Boyos... just keep Joe away from the Vodka this time tho!! :lol:

fatcollective
15-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Have a good one ya Welsh Boyos... just keep Joe away from the Vodka this time tho!! :lol:

HA HA :lol: i dont think he'll be doing that again :lol: :lol:

nick_anarchy
15-09-2005, 05:43 PM

haha salad cream , phone box's aswell o and make sure he brings up to pairs of shoes too :lol:

fatcollective
15-09-2005, 05:49 PM
ha ha yeah may be 2 pairs of shoes just in case one accidently falls out of the window :dontevengothere:

nick_anarchy
15-09-2005, 05:55 PM
then its oops wasnt me :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==