PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Approaching Numb - Heads down 4 to the floor

dirty_bass
25-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Been having fun with the field recordings I have been making recently.
Ended up with this little banging thing.
A bit nasty, and a bastard to mix down.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Approaching%20Numb%20(master).mp3

http://img161.exs.cx/img161/5852/city1test6ze.jpg

xfive
25-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice stuff matey.. Creepy atmos :twisted:

You take a field recording at a prison or something ?

:lol:

jeroenliebregts
25-08-2005, 11:32 PM
This is great! What's the problem with the downmixing? Sounds fine to me!

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice stuff matey.. Creepy atmos :twisted:

You take a field recording at a prison or something ?

:lol:

Nah that's his house. Lol.

The Overfiend
25-08-2005, 11:59 PM
This should be released

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:22 AM
nice, good production, nice stereo width on this, do you not think it lacks a bit of something extra to draw you in more

dirty_bass
26-08-2005, 12:25 AM
nice, good production, nice stereo width on this, do you not think it lacks a bit of something extra to draw you in more
What do you want?
Blood?
The amount of automation and stuff on all the atmos and subtle stuff did my head in
Hehe

I know what you mean though.

I was gonna add a synth part, but there simply isn`t the room.
This is purely an abstract, immersive journey.
Kind of Eno on smack with some beats I guess.
It is what it is.

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:29 AM
yeah i suppose, but i always find those kind of tracks work better without the four to the floor

dirty_bass
26-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Well I approached the whole thing kinda like a running engine.
At least that`s what the main percussive drive is supposed to sound like.
Cycling over and over.

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:49 AM
yeah, on a second listen, all the percussion would have to be changed if it wasnt 4 to the floor.

dirty_bass
26-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Damn it, now you`ve made me wanna go and do a broken beat version.

I was only doing this for a few hours fun.

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:56 AM
sorry :lol: :cry: you know you love it :lol: :doh:

audioinjection
26-08-2005, 03:28 AM
hell yeah, this is phat

i love that toughness in it, and that atmosphere, good work :clap:

BloodStar
26-08-2005, 09:09 AM
sound phaaaat :rambo: :clap: like it.. great atmo in it,, and that perc in the beginning remind me of table tennis,,which i like too :lol:

lau
26-08-2005, 11:47 AM
lol @ bloodstars Pingpong :lol:

Think it sounds really dope... I love the drive the track has... dunno if you will be able to keep it like that if you do an offbeat version..... For me it works just fine the way it is....

:rambo:

StoQ
26-08-2005, 11:49 AM
i think broken beat fits beter to this kind of stuff ;]

Mindful
26-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Cool as fu*k this mate
The atmospherics are realy doing it for me in this espeicaly when the off beat hat comes in furckin lurvly stuff.
The kick and bass are dope too that kick is tight man.
Also realy digging the drive of the track and the way its arranged would work good for me in a set very usefull track in that respect.
I know your production is like a cazzillion times better than me but to me it sounds as tho all the percs are real far back in the mix(maybe this was intended tho as the kick,hat and atmos are driving the track pretty well so...)
Anyways this track is super dope the Atmosphere is realy realy doing it for me and the overall vibe and drive is real good :clap: :clap:

Cool picture by the way.
Oh and keep the four four beat me thinks.

dirty_bass
26-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I`m gonna dive back in a clean this up a little.
Some of the percs are a little too subtle, so I`m gonna see if I can separate them further.
And the atmos reached a little too far into the high bass, and isn`t bright enough.
Might add a little synth too, not sure yet.

loopdon
30-08-2005, 05:20 PM
man u use a good deal of reverb...

your productions are really really quality though...!!!

this is outstanding production-wise, and forgive me if i am wrong bout the verb, i am drunk.... :rambo:

detfella
30-08-2005, 09:15 PM
loving the atmosphere and the mood in the track. always great job with production not so keen on the reversed bits (kinda sounds like there's an audio clip in there with it). nice job tho, would love to hear a vesion of this without the beats

BRADLEE
30-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Sounds great Steve. I really can't comment on sound quality so much because I'm only in the phones, but everything seems well in place. REally smooth stuff man. :clap:

I especially liked all of the little atmos used in there. That helped tons to keep the tune moving quite well.

eardamage
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Cool as fu*k this mate
The atmospherics are realy doing it for me in this espeicaly when the off beat hat comes in furckin lurvly stuff.
The kick and bass are dope too that kick is tight man.
Also realy digging the drive of the track and the way its arranged would work good for me in a set very usefull track in that respect.
I know your production is like a cazzillion times better than me but to me it sounds as tho all the percs are real far back in the mix(maybe this was intended tho as the kick,hat and atmos are driving the track pretty well so...)
Anyways this track is super dope the Atmosphere is realy realy doing it for me and the overall vibe and drive is real good :clap: :clap:

Cool picture by the way.
Oh and keep the four four beat me thinks.

I agree here i think the percussion could be brought up slightly in the mix. Perhaps a little less reverb to bring it out a bit. Wicked production though! Very impressive track, nice change. :lol:

Trip Head
04-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Absolutley brilliant stuff, really refreshing! :clap:

AcidTrash
06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
I like this a lot. Much more than your usual stuff.

278d7e64a374de26f==