PDA

View Full Version : 'Rushing' note entry on SX puzzler...

djTequila
03-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Got a mate with an SX problem:

Graham says:
While recording midi, I tap out my tune, then look at the grid and all the notes are rushing by a fraction of a beat, but all by the same amount
Graham says:
if I drag it right, it fixes it
Graham says:
the whole passage that is

Sounds like a latency compensation error to me. Anyone know where to set this?

Tequila

djTequila
03-07-2003, 02:25 PM
He's using a PC by the way.

;)

Tequila

DJZeMig_L
03-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Mute as many tracks as u can, or if need bounce all tracks 2 one mono audio backing track then turn of all processing mute all trackz exept the new one... go to devices, Device Setup, VST Multitrack, lower the asio buffer, if need go to expert and tweek the settings (tick all boxes 4 this purpouse, come back here after doing what u need)... now the delay should b very low!

This is a work around...

I would advice 2 get a better soundcard (or better/ updated asio drivers) this is generally the source of most probs... or otherwise u have a slow machine!!

In the old Vst u had an optinon 4 plug in delay compensation but I can't seem 2 find it now in SX (I think it's automatic)...

As it seems The prob is latency and not the delay compensation... meaning the notes get recorded in time but takes a small time 4 them 2 b heard ... also we only notice delays if they're bigger than 20 ms!!

Go to devices, plug in list, there is a column 4 the delay... there u c how much compenstion cubase is doing (in samples)...

I guess I would just quantise the midi if it was a simpler prob.!!

Z

djTequila
04-07-2003, 09:29 AM
You think he's compensating in his head for the latency of the card? This is a worry, 'cause he's using the same card as me - the M-Audio Delta - and neither of us are natural keyboard players!

I'll have to look into this very carefully.

Cheers!

Tequila

278d7e64a374de26f==