PDA

View Full Version : Dj mag top 100 dj's

26-08-2005, 05:04 PM
This has been doing the rounds on email , so i thought i would post it on here ! Sounds like a good idea to me :

Dear All,

Every year DJ magazine compiles a top 100 list of the supposed best dj´s around, yet it rarely features any techno at all. The top 100 may not seem important, you may not like DJ mag and you probably already know who your favourite dj´s are..get to see them often and don´t need to stroke their ego by voting for them. The reason it is important is that the list is seen globally as¨official, as the real people/party goers´ choice. By techno having little or no representation in the top 100 the profile of the trance and pop dj´s that make up most of the list just gets bigger while the techno scene keeps getting smaller, slipping further into obscurity.

As the club scene continues to spread around the world it will forever be dominated by the same few select DJ´s if they are the only ones that are ever mentioned in the magazines. New scenes and new clubs will never get to hear about anything but the obvious names, and music styles like techno, electro, broken beat or electronica will simply never make it to new places or find new audiences to keep it alive.

This year though, we´d like to turn things around: Instead of the media forever brainwashing the readers with the same old names we´d like to put techno firmly back on the map - and we can do so with your help. So please take out a couple of minutes of your time and try to get a few more deserving DJ´s in the top 100 this year:

http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

Will
26-08-2005, 06:14 PM
That's not a bad idea, does it have trouble with hotmail email addresses though, I tried 3 times to vote and it didn't work, saying something about failing to connect to hotmail... And that's when the stupid security code didn't bugger it up.

Also, what about voting for someone like Mark EG? Would that be seen as a vote for techno, since he also plays trance? I suspect not...

mr burns
26-08-2005, 06:51 PM
hotmail is not working at the min thats why, mark eg got one of my votes

Will
26-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Does it need to check your email address to work then? I hadn't noticed Hotmail wasn't working, thought maybe it doesn't like Hotmail, weird...

mr burns
26-08-2005, 08:42 PM
i think so mate

ShaunT
07-09-2005, 02:03 PM
yeah man, vote techno! You may think itsw a waste of time but it only takes a minute, so what's the harm. I come from a hard dance backgorund :oops: and i've got to say so many people seem to be getting in to techno - its maybe not as easy to come by than otehr genres so people end up lsitenign to tranc and stuff liek that cos tehy dotn necessarily know that there's better out there. perhaps. the only problem lies when house heads hear a techno tune and think its tech-house or whatever. or hard dance folk hear techno and think its hard house - that can be a bit annoying. but i reckon any promttion for techno is better than none.

Dave Elyzium
07-09-2005, 02:22 PM
i voted for mytself aswell ;)

FuK-NuT
07-09-2005, 03:07 PM
shower of shite....lol

Dave Elyzium
08-09-2005, 05:57 PM
shower of shite....lol

:eh:

Heroes
08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
ive been getting spammed like mad once again, vote for me vote for me, every year it rolls around it gets more of a party political broadcast......

wheres my rosette and promises of tax cuts, then ill think about slinging ya a vote......

fatcollective
08-09-2005, 11:54 PM
ive been getting spammed like mad once again, vote for me vote for me, every year it rolls around it gets more of a party political broadcast......

wheres my rosette and promises of tax cuts, then ill think about slinging ya a vote......

i take it your not gonna vote for me again this year....cvnt :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==