PDA

View Full Version : waves plugins

eyes without a face
03-07-2003, 08:50 PM
ive heard so much about Waves plugins, but never used em or know where to get em

any helpers?

djTequila
04-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Try an issue of Sound On Sound for retailers that can kit you out!

What program are you going to use to host them?

Tequila

Travis
05-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Here's the link, check it out:

http://www.waves.com/

Waves processors are awesome. Great sound quality... Unfortunately, they use up *A LOT* of CPU power, but the sound result is worth it. Have fun!!!!

alpha_unit
28-07-2003, 12:57 PM
iv found the waves plugins destroy my cpu big time, i love the c4 compressor deffo the best compressor iv found so far

Jimfish
28-07-2003, 01:52 PM
get a better processor then - its well worth it, waves are THE WAY FORWARD

eyes without a face
29-07-2003, 09:43 PM
can waves plugins b used inside fruity? or just within wavelab

DJZeMig_L
30-07-2003, 12:47 AM
both!

:)

Z

audioinjection
30-07-2003, 04:06 PM
I love Waves stuff, they have great warm sounding eqs.

You should also check out Universal audio plug-ins, they sound great too.

eyes without a face
30-07-2003, 09:08 PM
wikid, ive got most of the waves plugins on an audio software disk a friend made up for me, if anyone wants a copy just let me know, its jam packed with goodies hehe

J Swift
03-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Waves has got the best software compressors I've ever found - They do sound much better than the regular plug-ins, I use Waves C1 and Renaissance compressor all the time... Their Renaissance EQ is useful too, sounds more musical than most digital EQ.

You'll really notice how good the compression is when you're doing transient boosting - Like using a 30ms attack, 4:1 ratio, 6db's gain reduction, fast release on a bass drum - To get that real punchy style of compression - It doesn't work atall with most plug-ins, but works fine with Waves - I'd even say ALMOST approaching a decent hardware compressor in some ways - Maybe not quite as fat sounding, still a little clinical.

Oh yeah, Waves Ultramizer is alright too for pumping mixes up, and the Stereo Imager is really useful - It's pretty much the only software effects I use these days, mainly for compression.

DJZeMig_L
03-08-2003, 03:47 PM
Guys.. carefull around the forum with piracy talk... don't disclose link's, names, etc... it's not good.. no need 2 get bad attention 2 the forum... we don't wanna b closed...

Piracy is bad... what u do in private is yer own business ;)

I hope U understand where I getting at :roll: :wink:

Z

J Swift
03-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Whoops! Good point though... have removed the link!

eyes without a face
03-08-2003, 07:01 PM
my apologies

on a lighter note, how would i install the waves effects plugins, like the compressors etc into Fruity Studio?

DJZeMig_L
04-08-2003, 02:05 AM
go to channels.. add on ... more.. at the bottom of the list U'll have something like refresh... after installing anything just do this and they should b listed...

Also in File settings make sure u r pointing 2 yer vst plug ins folder..

Z

alpha_unit
05-08-2003, 12:23 PM
yep u go to teh mixxer then click on the fx as if u was going to add a normal reveeb then do a more and refresh the list,

theer will b ****ing millions of waves i reccomend

c4 (highly)
reveeb(eats cpu)
enigma
meta flanger
maxxbass
r bass

278d7e64a374de26f==