PDA

View Full Version : owen signs for the barcodes.

Esox Lucius
30-08-2005, 11:26 AM
bet he will be gone by the end of the season, he wont stay at sid james park too long.

Traxx
30-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Bit of a shocker that. Woke up at 9 checked the text it said they were considering our offer, went back a kip. Woke up at half ten & he's signed a four year at newcastle. He wont be there for long & he certainly aint there through choice.

I hope rafa hasnt dropped a bollock on this one. Gonna be weird seeing him playin for newcastle :neutral:

lukekendall
30-08-2005, 12:34 PM
yeah he will be gone end of season, newcastle need a new gaffa if they are going to get out the bottom half of the table

fatcollective
30-08-2005, 12:36 PM
i sort of knew he was gonna go to Newcastle, i mean liverpool sold him for 8mill and there no way they would buy him back for anymore than that and Newcastle put in a better offer, so its was inevitable he was gonna sign for the gordies....be interesting to see how he fits in there? him and shearer up front could be a pretty good partnership?????????????????

french_og
30-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I think Rafa never really wanted him and he also insists on trying to play the same system he played at Valencia, the difference then was when they played 1 up front they had classy goalscoring midfielders which Liverpool havent consistantly got. I think Owen would be a perfect match with Morientes. Cisse is clueless and hasn´t got a football brain, he is just raw and really hit and miss.

Good luck to Owen there though, i can see him doing well at Newcastle, just what they need and should give the whole club a buzz. the supporters a the best in the country and deserve it.

gary_human
30-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Im glad hes gone to the geordies - at least he'll get a game!!!!

doubt he'll end up with that many goals, but i like to be proved wrong!!!

macca
30-08-2005, 02:57 PM
must admit im gutted but u cant blame him 4 going there hes thinkin of his england career an needs 2 be playin week in week out which he will get at newcastle but 4 me its a bad move career wise in terms of medals an trophys cos lets be honest i cant really see him winning much at newcastle but its his decision good luck 2 him ;)

macca
30-08-2005, 02:59 PM
also got the feeling rafa didnt want him it was the board an the chairman

jam
30-08-2005, 04:21 PM
At first i was gutted but then now i have thought about it i'm buzzing,they are turning into Leeds United mark 2 it's brilliant.Remember when Shearer and Owen played together for England,they were shite,it wont work at all they will try and use Shearer as the target man.

Souness has spent some money now like and if they dont get Champions league or win a trophy they are gonna be in serious bother.

Boumsong-8 million
Faye-2.5 million
Emre-5 million
Luque-10 million
Owen 17 million
Parker 6.5 million

Then take into account there wage bill,with Shearer being the highest paid player in the premiership on 7 million for the year and the likes of Bowyer on 40k a week.This is some serious funny shit.

Traxx
30-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Aint taking his medical till tuesday, could go tits up yet.

jam
30-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Even if he fails it,he'll still sign.

Esox Lucius
30-08-2005, 04:36 PM
i can see them going the leeds way defo.

lukekendall
30-08-2005, 04:43 PM
yeah will be funny

souness aint got a clue

Traxx
30-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Even if he fails it,he'll still sign.

Didnt so much mean he would fail it more someone else could come in for him. Was reading on the text before we may try steal him before wednesday deadline.

french_og
30-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I think out of all the top clubs Arsenal could probably do with him, Henry and Owen up front with there pace. If Owen was Foreign Wenger would of snapped him up months ago.

Will
30-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't think Shearer and Owen will work as a partnership, as we saw for England, but I don't think Henry and Owen would work either - 2 target men together doesn't work, you need one to play deep. Henry could do that, but it'd be a waste of his pace and power, if we signed someone like Owen it'd be as back up for Henry, which they wouldn't like - unless they could play in midfield too like Baptista.

Luque looks good though, if Souness see's sense he'll play him with Shearer or Owen, but he won't be able to keep them both happy. I suppose it's possible it could work if Shearer drops off to get a flick on, then maybe Owen goes out wide to cross for Shearer, bit of give and take, but I don't see it working as well as Shearer and Bellamy, even if it does work.

french_og
30-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah but Henry goes out wide during a game quite a lot and so many times he put quality crosses along the 6 yard box and there isn´t a Arsenal player in sight. And you know Owen would be there poaching.

I´m not a fan of that Baptista, he was awful sunday for Real. He looked crap in Pre season aswell.

Robinho though- Wow, he is gonna be some player.

Real were much better with Owen in the side, they were comparing the stats from last season today on the Spanish news and Owen goals per minute compared to Rauls is about 3 times better.

DJsmallpaul
30-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Great signing for them.

djfase
30-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Bad move i reckon. Its not strikers they lack, its the supply.

If shearer had the supply, theyd be scoring, cos he doesnt miss.

They should have bought wingers

basslinejunkie
30-08-2005, 08:28 PM
good on benitez.owen s*it on us,saying he wanted to leave and win things,then we win the biggest trophy of them all when he left.now he wants to come back and be garunteed no1 choice up front??!?

says alot about benitez this.****in top manager :clap:

DJsmallpaul
30-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Bad move i reckon. Its not strikers they lack, its the supply.

If shearer had the supply, theyd be scoring, cos he doesnt miss.

They should have bought wingers

But Shearer doesn't run into space anymore he just hangs around the box waiting for a pen or freekick or a tap in where as Owen will run his arse off & get opportunity's to score with the space he creates.

How you can say it's a bad move is beyond me :eh: he's a world class striker !

Traxx
30-08-2005, 08:39 PM

Yeah he is, playing in a less then world class team, hence it being a bad move.

Will
30-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah but Henry goes out wide during a game quite a lot and so many times he put quality crosses along the 6 yard box and there isn´t a Arsenal player in sight. And you know Owen would be there poaching.

I´m not a fan of that Baptista, he was awful sunday for Real. He looked crap in Pre season aswell.

Robinho though- Wow, he is gonna be some player.

Real were much better with Owen in the side, they were comparing the stats from last season today on the Spanish news and Owen goals per minute compared to Rauls is about 3 times better.

If Bergkamp had more pace he'd be in there, need someone like him, but younger or an attacking midfielder, not someone who'd contribute nothing to build up play.

Traxx
30-08-2005, 09:11 PM
says alot about benitez this.****in top manager :clap:

You reckon? If them clueless twats up front dont start scoring goals lkike right now then it could prove to be major upset for him. The majority of fans still love owen & wanted him back.

DJsmallpaul
30-08-2005, 09:26 PM

Yeah he is, playing in a less then world class team, hence it being a bad move.

Maybe it is a bad move for him although he wouldn't have gone if he thought that but i think the guy was saying it's a bad move by Newcastle which it clearly isn't because how can buying a world class striker be a bad move

Traxx
30-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Maybe it is a bad move for him although he wouldn't have gone if he thought that

Wouldnt he? I think he didnt have a choice paul. Sit on the bench with 3 brazilians & raul ahead of you or go to the only team who made a firm offer & play regualr in the world cup year. Thats what this is all about. He will no doubt have a nice get out clause in his contract for next summer if he's not happy, for bids over a certain amount.

DJsmallpaul
30-08-2005, 09:46 PM
yea maybe but if he scores 15+ goals i couldn't see him moving anywhere else. The gordies will treat him like a god

Traxx
30-08-2005, 09:51 PM
yea maybe but if he scores 15+ goals i couldn't see him moving anywhere else. The gordies will treat him like a god

Dont matter, he aint no geordie. He's after challenging for the league & europe every season, newcastle arent gonna be able to offer him that with or without him.

278d7e64a374de26f==