PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - Saturn

eyes without a face
31-08-2005, 01:34 PM
hey peeps, just thought id post this new track i worked up using a sample of the recent sound recording of Saturn, needs a few more edits im gonna work on later but here it is so far, hope u enjoy

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Saturn.mp3

all comments welcome chaps

ta

fatcollective
31-08-2005, 03:50 PM
THIS IS SHITE MAN.................

only jokin, i'll check it out when i get home ;)

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah it's ok I guess. Just not really a fan of the synths used in there personally. However there are some other cool elements in the tune.

The fact is, I know that Scotty can do better than this.

fatcollective
31-08-2005, 05:43 PM
not really my cuppa, seemed a little loose in areas...but its different and there are some good ideas in there. just too mellow for me.

eyes without a face
31-08-2005, 06:39 PM
well i cant account for personal tastes obviously, as we all cant

appreciated tho mo fo's :twisted:

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 07:14 PM
well i cant account for personal tastes obviously :lol:

Indeed

xfive
31-08-2005, 07:32 PM
This is a nice backbone for something, but it didn't really seem to go anywhere mate.. need to add some more pieces and break up the arrangement a bit I think :)

eyes without a face
31-08-2005, 07:33 PM
yeah definately needs more stuff, this is the fruits of about 4 hours or so this morning, il work on it tommorow some more, definately a few bits i want to change already

cheers dude

dan the acid man
01-09-2005, 12:37 AM
love the bassline, and those atmospherics, not sure on some of those squelches/zaps, they're distracting my attention away from the song too much.

also that ride gets a little lost in the mix, but nice starting point for a tune

dirty_bass
01-09-2005, 12:59 AM
I like this.
Funky and deep.
It`s definitely worth continuing on with.
however some of the elelments don`t sit quite right.
There`s no balance between the levels of the kick and the snare.
The snare is a counterpoint part for the kick, yet it is a bit too loud, and a bit too thing.
I think maybe the second distorted kick would work better if it was clean.
Also the kicks overall could have more top end presence.

Strings are lush.
Rides maybe stand out a bit too much.

Yeah, liking it, just needs some proper time spent to get it all working.

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 01:08 AM
cheers guys, much appreciated, can definately see what you are on about

looking forward to working on this some more tommorow afternoon
:twisted:

audioinjection
01-09-2005, 02:53 AM
yeah i agree with steve on this, finish it up!

The Overfiend
01-09-2005, 04:07 AM
With some random percs hear and there this could be great more elements and breakups. good stuff yeah i said it

Evil G
01-09-2005, 08:11 AM
nice sounds in this. the bass sounds really good here, as do the atmospheric sounds. could do with a bit more drive maybe, but defo liking it so far.

Mindful
01-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow this is realy ****ing good man.
Its got a great feeling to it kind of espionage like(if that makes sense)reminds me of a mechanical assassin sneaking round,breaking gaurds necks,busting high security safes and stealing highly importent top secret nucular tactical information.
haha and thats what it makes me see without having to close my eyes :lol:
Bassline is dope as it the drum pattern.
Also digging the lill bleepy sounds and stuff.
The atmospherics and main string/pad is great it adds feeling to somthing that allready has a strong vibe.

Hats off :clap:
This is my favorite track ive heard of yours man cant wait to hear the finished piece.

I would be mooching round a club with a shifty look on my face if this came on(even tho this is more than a club track)

Go on with yo bad self

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 01:38 PM
:lol: haha mindful thats a great description might send it off to Playstation haha

cheers guys, appreciated, going to work on this later hopefully add a few extra elements and polish the mix a bit

appreciated one and all

Mirsha
03-09-2005, 01:19 AM
It's a good track but I wouldn't buy it on vinyl, it just lacks a sense of dirction purpose that I lok for in a tune.

stjohn
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
cool track... definately a breather for during a night of heaviness.

youve created a nice atmosphere, and it evolves nicely in the background.
if you change it up a bit during the song and maybe a a really subtle breakbeat, here and there, i think you might be pushing some quality electronica rather than deep broken techno.

either way i liked the sound of it, and i would play it at a crescendo of a set! :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==