PDA

View Full Version : [Minimal] hungry (last version)

Philler
31-08-2005, 10:52 PM
hey guys!

i´ll be glad if you write some feedback!

greetz, philler

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=03KQVHMJN8KYO0U2F8FVH5WOW5

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Well man this is pretty groovey right here. There are still many people here where I live who Dig the minial and proggy stuff. So this would go off well. My only thing, I think some of the perc is a bit dry. Could have used just a little more FX in my opinion. But structure is good and groove is good.

Mindful
01-09-2005, 12:35 PM
This is sweet man.
I digg that kick.
Reminds me of Kraftwerk vs mr orizo on a casio :lol:
realy into the rythm thats happening at 1.18 cool as **** when the closed hats come in aswell got me wobbling around like a mad man and the shuffle type shake is real cool too.

Some of the sounds could benifit from a bit more work and that bloody crash isnt to my taste :lol: .

This track is cool tho I realy like it the rythms are dope got me bopping around and deffo deserves another listen :clap: :clap:

Philler
01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
thanx @mindful and messanger!

I try (after releasing) to create the sound more dynamic like the ones of Plasticman for example but I am not able to! furthermore the long and getting louder hihat disturbs me! I think i will delete it!

Do you have any tips for me to create it more dynamic without using more samples??

greetz philler!

Mindful
01-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Just simple things like compression,subtractive eqing,panning,reverb,delay,bit crushing and distortion work well for me just try to be subtle with it,try not to go over the top.
Just try to eq everything around one another by taking frequencys out of things that dont need them and panning elements around creativley,like I say simple but works for me.
Theres other people on here that could help better than me tho.

Try asking in the production forum how to get more dynamics out of your music.
Hopfully some of the more clued up peeps can help.

Jay Pace
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I really like this

You need to get more sparkle into it. It sounds a little flat, needs some FX on the percussion to vary it.

Lovely little tune though, good work fella
:clap:

Philler
04-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks @ all for feedback and tips!!!! ;)

stjohn
04-09-2005, 04:28 PM
funky sht man!! i love all of the pauses and changovers. theres a nice rythmn going on there too!

as the heads said before, try space out some of the percussion. maybe duplicate the track, pan hard L+R, and put a different effect on each channel. That should spread a bit...

nice track tho ;)

Mike Wazowski
07-09-2005, 09:55 AM
I like this! no further comments!

DeRael
08-09-2005, 03:56 AM
I Tried... Says track file 'expired' or somethin'...

DeRael
08-09-2005, 03:56 AM
I Tried... Says track file 'expired' or somethin'...

Philler
08-09-2005, 09:48 AM
yes you´re right! I will upload the new version in a few days!

sorry! :roll:

Philler
17-09-2005, 12:46 PM
hey guys!

i´ve uploaded the last version of this song!

Tell me what you think about it!

greetz philler

The Divide
17-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Thats really interesting how the blips sound out of synch then come back in to make a melody. I have a slight feeling that those closed hi hats and that panning sound were a little bit too loud (only a tiny fraction). Im not sure about that tho as the minimal tech tends to have loud sounds in the mix.

But honestly, it sounds really nice. Are you using hardware?

Philler
18-09-2005, 11:54 PM
hey thanks!

I use only software! ;)

I will check the volume of these sounds! May be you´re right! :doh:

What do you say about the different octaves of the clave-sounds? does it fit in?

greetz!

The Divide
19-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Yep it makes sense to me

278d7e64a374de26f==