PDA

View Full Version : Lau and Casual Violence - Untitled(for now)

Mindful
31-08-2005, 11:16 PM
http://www.crispyneurons.com/situation/images/war_games_war_room.jpg

Somthing Lau and myself have written
Feedback of any form would be super cool
thanks ;)

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22TUY0FFSQDDQ0F6V8QUXQ7Z6LWorking link on page two somwhere ;)

BRADLEE
31-08-2005, 11:39 PM
downloading now guys, can't wait to check this one out. With the two of you it should be really good.

BRADLEE
01-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah man just as I expected, this is a very nice tune indeed. It's a little bit minimal for me, but quite effective in style. Really loving all of the sound pallete, the nice little atmos, and that crazy little vocal sounding effect in there as well.

All in all Excellent work guys. Can't wait to hear more from the two of you combined F*cking dope shit :clap:

dirty_bass
01-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Good production here
Very nice.
I think maybe you might have gona a little bit over the top with the kicks, but production wise they sit well.
I think maybe there could be some clanks or snares or something to balance against the kicks percussivly, as they dominate the track and have nothing to play off of.

But yeah.
Solid gold shit from the nasty boys.

Evil G
01-09-2005, 08:23 AM
simply dope! :clap:

Mindful
01-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Cheers guys very thankfull for the feedback.

Now you mention the Kick Steve I kind of see what you mean.
Cant change it now tho im affraid as my comuter had a little spaz out and the song wont load up so all that can be done is adding ellements now via loading up the full track as a full Audio file :doh:
Will add somthing to work with the kick,Probably some sort of snare and industrial type strike.

Laus in France at the mo the bad mother fu*ker so please dont think hes ignorant by not thanking the feedback.

;)

Mindful
01-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Solid gold shit from the nasty boys.

haha coolio I might have that as my sig :lol:

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 02:15 PM
this is BAAADDDD

big up the pair of you, il have another listen later as ive only just got in from work but this is great, you guys are wikid producers definately

lau's going on a round the world trip soon too so we might not hear much new stuff from him soon :(

unless he gets a laptop haha

but yeah top work lad, really

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 02:19 PM
seriously this is ****ing sick if this doesnt get released somewhere then ive got a big old hat here that il eat on my webcam live

Mindful
03-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Cheers Scott thanks for listening and feedback ;)

what kind of hat we talkin about here man.

eyes without a face
03-09-2005, 04:21 PM
its a big old stetson from my days on the ranch

yehaaa brother, yehhhaaa

Traxx
03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Good stuff chaps :clap:

Mindful
03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.magazinusa.com/images2/wwest/stetson.jpg
http://www.oldemillhouse.com/catalog/images/Mandi517/punchedsaltpepperholder.jpg
http://www.f5.dion.ne.jp/~hagisan/yum/yum.jpg

Mindful
03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
:lol:

Thanks for listening Traxx ;)

robin m
03-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Absolutely loved it. Dark & moody as hell and the mixdown sounds spot on to my untrained ears... that break back into the kicks on 3 minutes-odd is particularly spiffing.

Top drawer, really :clap: :clap:

Mindful
03-09-2005, 07:56 PM
spiffing :lol: good show old bean

Thanks Robin

The Divide
03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I like this lots, I would like it more if you added some more prominent rhythm parts and played around with it more

Love the vocals man :clap:

Mindful
04-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks Dan cheers for listening

Think im going to leave this as it is till I can speak with Lau.
Thanks for all the feedback everyone :love: :clap:

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 02:43 PM
well thats heavy as fvck....its not my cup of tea to be honest cause its far to dark for me, but nevertheless, its been well produced and although the kick is hard it sits really well and the compression works nicely. All the edits and the vocal have been done well and im sure this would sound fvckin excellent through a fat rig!

well done you dirty barstools :clap:

stjohn
04-09-2005, 04:14 PM
dark!!! :twisted:

everything seems to be spot on for here, edits and breaks and panning effects are all playing their part to perfection!!!

fair play! ;)

Mindful
04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Cheers for checking it out boys ;)

@ziod I would love to hear what it sounds like on a rig man,Nick said he was going to play it at genarate last night,havnt spoke to him yet tho so ..

Hope he did :love:

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Cheers for checking it out boys ;)

@ziod I would love to hear what it sounds like on a rig man,Nick said he was going to play it at genarate last night,havnt spoke to him yet tho so ..

Hope he did :love:

although last week was supposed to be the last party of the season in North Wales ...im sure there will be one more and as soon as there is i will let you know and if you cant come n play it yourself i will do it for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

lau
04-09-2005, 08:11 PM
:shock:

AARGHHH!!!!!

File's expired!!!! Still in france.. cant wait to hear it....

Get it back on!!! Will get back here tomorrow and give it an other try..!!!!

Great feedback tho!!!!

:rambo:

MARKEG
04-09-2005, 08:58 PM
heard this this afternoon. very dark, gritty and totally it's own style. really cool. good job.

Mindful
05-09-2005, 07:40 PM
http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DC37EF3GMGG20WZFQRDU02BZA
fresh link Lau mate

Mindful
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
@Zoid cool man thats nice of you mate thanks ;) let us know that would be very cool indeed

Thanks for listening Mark super cool of you chap ;)

lau
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
AW just listend to it!!!!

Its absolutely dope!!! cant say anyting else about it...!!!!

Cant wait to hear it on some proper monitors tho!!!! lol you got me at the point of wanting to drive back to holland and make some music...!! fuk the sun the beach and the boost ill have plenty of that next year :lol:

:rambo:

Mindful
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Get a laptop you fukker :lol:

montydj
06-09-2005, 04:41 AM
Had a listen to it,the bass end is very ruff if thats what you wanted but it does'nt sound tight it's not sitting in one place,i would turn up all your other sounds up so make the bass sound lower or put your tune through a Master plugin.I have just got myself IZotope Ozone it is pretty dam awsome to polish up your mix,you can stereo enhance your mix in 4 diffrent bands but you only want to stereo enhance your hi frequency it will bring all your top end out where it should be,it has Multiband Dynamics,Paragraphic EQ,Multiband Harmonic Exciter,
Multiband Stereo Imaging,Mastering Reverb,Loudness Maximizer and also Presets ready for you.

What i do is when mixing a tune is i have my tune going through my DJ mixer then i just compare it to tunes on vinyl and listen to every sound on both tunes and match the mix,i did this with your tune and with another techno tune on vinyl and your bass sounded a lot louder and your other sounds sounded low,but what i think it is is that your bass is not sitting deep down enough in your mix so it does'nt over power the rest of your sounds.

Hope i was i help to you buddy my birthday in just over a week so you,Keith and Cal come to mine......Keep up the good work good tune.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/

montydj
06-09-2005, 07:08 AM
I have done a bit of Mastering for you with this tune to give you an example,i compressed it so force the bass down more and eqed it slightly and stereo enhanced the hi frequency,this was tricky to do as i can only do the whole tune like if a cetain sound does'nt sound write anymore because of the compressor etc i can't change that sound.I write my tunes and i master and mix at the same time so i have total control over every single sound and the whole mix as well,the better the mix down the better master results you will have.As this tune sounds ruff the compressor has ruffed it out more or maybe you will not agree but i have just done this for example and thats why there is very expensive compressors out there that give your mix a certain sound quality.The bottom end of this tune you could just compress the bottom end on it's own with out the master stage so then all your other sounds will be clearer and have much more room thats what i would of done myself,i like that twisted synth in your tune that i would have loud that for me is the warm point....

I hope i have help you keep doin what your doin and work on your mixes just think you want it on vinyl so aim for vinyl this is just how i do it other people may not agree but it works for me and that is what is great about music Electic.

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30B1GRU7QDAVC2ES3J1QQ0LYTF

detfella
06-09-2005, 04:29 PM
had a quick listen now, quality stuff, nice n groovy dark n dirty.

Lau and Casual Violence - Untitled (http://www.algorhythms.co.uk/allsorts/Mindful/Laurens%20Van%20Der%20Starre%20and%20Casual%20Viol ence%20-%20Untitled%201.mp3)

ahh the ftp does work, i think the imp warrior has invaded your machine :lol:

Mindful
07-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Hope i was i help to you buddy my birthday in just over a week so you,Keith and Cal come to mine......Keep up the good work good tune.

Cool man maybe get in contact with Cal ;)

As for the rest you said cool man good advice and thanks for listening.
I know how good your production is so I dont want to question it....but This is supposed to sound quite ruff and the mixdown is a subjective matter :rambo: :lol:
That said I know how much better this would of sounded if you would of helped so....... :lol: ;)

Thanks for having a pop at mastering for us I will check it when I get home my man.

Mindful
07-09-2005, 07:39 PM
had a quick listen now, quality stuff, nice n groovy dark n dirty.

Lau and Casual Violence - Untitled (http://www.algorhythms.co.uk/allsorts/Mindful/Laurens%20Van%20Der%20Starre%20and%20Casual%20Viol ence%20-%20Untitled%201.mp3)

ahh the ftp does work, i think the imp warrior has invaded your machine :lol:

Thanks Det you the man,I cant figure that ftp stuff out(yet)

montydj
08-09-2005, 04:35 AM
Hope i did'nt disappoint you but the bass is to over powering try to push it down more with compression i will show you when you come to mine....

xfive
09-09-2005, 01:59 AM
I like this it's got some interesting things going on. Very moody :clap:
I think the synth that comes in after the distorted voice need to be brighter and louder to creep through the mix more though.. it seems a bit too muffled.

:twisted:

Mindful
09-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Hope i did'nt disappoint you but the bass is to over powering try to push it down more with compression i will show you when you come to mine....

No mate far from dissapionted.I prefere the truth its more useful Carl.
As for the mastering example you did for us the top end sounds great.

Mindful
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I like this it's got some interesting things going on. Very moody :clap:
I think the synth that comes in after the distorted voice need to be brighter and louder to creep through the mix more though.. it seems a bit too muffled.

:twisted:

Yeah cheers Chris I aggree it sounds a bit burried at the moment doesnt it.

Thanks for comments.

montydj
09-09-2005, 03:33 PM
:lol: stop calling me Carl it with a K not a C call me Monty Stephen :oops:

Mindful
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
:lol: stop calling me Carl it with a K not a C call me Monty Stephen :oops:

:lol: haha sorry Monty and its Steven

BloodStar
10-09-2005, 02:15 PM
sounds good. cant comment too much on it.. like it as it is. production is :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==