PDA

View Full Version : Spurs sign Rasiak

MARK NEENAN
01-09-2005, 07:06 AM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/images/playerpics05_06/Championship/Derby/rasiak_post.jpg

Tottenham's deadline-day spending continued deep into the night as Martin Jol sealed a late move for Derby forward Grzegorz Rasiak.

The London club had already brought in Jermaine Jenas and Lee Young-pyo, and Rasiak made it a treble boost on Wednesday evening.

The Polish star proved a major hit last term for The Rams as he inspired them to the cusp of promotion.

His displays led to widespread interest over the summer, with The Rams forced to fend off bids from Wolves, West Ham and Sunderland for his services.

However, a late, late offer from Spurs proved too tempting to resist as The Rams agreed a deal on deadline day.

Spur chief Martin Jol clearly feels Rasiak can compete with Mido for a striking spot alongside either Jermain Defoe or Robbie Keane in attack.

"Rasiak is a tall target man, a hard working, honest player with a good goalscoring record," Jol told the club's website. "He scored 45 goals in 103 games.

"He is a regular in the Polish international side which leads qualifying Group 6 just above England and he scored two against Israel in their recent 3-2 victory."

Jol does not believe Rasiak will be caught out by making the step up to The Premiership.

"A lot is said about making the step up from The Championship to The Premiership, but Ashton and Bent have shown that for good players it is not such a big step," he added. "I believe he will do well for us and that he will be an asset to the squad."

The Poland international joins Teemu Tainio, Paul Stalteri, Tom Huddlestone, Wayne Routledge, Aaron Lennon, Edgar Davids, Jenas and Lee in joining Spurs since last term.

lukekendall
01-09-2005, 08:27 AM
never heard of him but all the players we have bought from the championship have turned out well.........defoe, carrick, ried, dawson

9 players sold now in the summer, seems a hell of a lot, he is going to find it hard to keep them all happy as many will not get many games

jam
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Awesome player,good signing i'm actually jealous of this one,he's good.

Esox Lucius
01-09-2005, 05:09 PM
yeah he is very good, i would have liked to see him at everton. good buy from jol.

MARK NEENAN
01-09-2005, 06:55 PM
I like your avater luke! :lol:

Davids, davids!

How was that firewall in palace sunday m8? You were playing in the back room were'nt you? Couldn't be bothered to go as it was mostly hardcore and it was £15 to get in!

lukekendall
02-09-2005, 08:32 AM
I like your avater luke! :lol:

Davids, davids!

How was that firewall in palace sunday m8? You were playing in the back room were'nt you? Couldn't be bothered to go as it was mostly hardcore and it was £15 to get in!

yeah i was but i did not go in the end, i got stitched up on a lift and id been drinking most of the day so could not drive myself. :doh:

heard it was good tho

DJsmallpaul
02-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Yea he's quality, scored againsed us last week. bit temprementle & can get a little hot headed.

278d7e64a374de26f==