PDA

View Full Version : Your fave techno club/party in the world!

MARKEG
01-09-2005, 01:55 PM
OK, that's it. We all lov to go and party but have you ever stopped to think about what you're favourite place ever has been?

For me, I miss the early days of The Orbit in Leeds, but that's probably because that was a time when I could loose myself on the floor and hear some of the best names in techno week in week out without the crazy dj schedule I have now.

Best techno parties at the mo? Hmmm.. I'd have to say the Circuito parties in Brazil that I've been to the last few years. The big raves in Holland are pretty good too - I heard a great set by Gaetano at Dance Valley. Great ppl, great vibe, great music now that's what makes a good party ;)

massplanck
01-09-2005, 01:58 PM
The old Funnel Club in Dublin which Decal used to run i think.

Had some crazy crazy nights in there....

I miss it like hell
:cry:

Jay Pace
01-09-2005, 02:11 PM
First time I saw Mills at Lost in East India Docks.

Admittedly pretty trashed that night, but was absolutely blown away.

And at the end of the night Jeff wound it up, argued with security to let him play another, failed, shrugged apologetically and exited stage left.

Everyone stood about looking really, really disappointed for five minutes.

Suddenly out of nowhere Jeff jumped up from behind the stage holding a record aloft like excalibur. The whole crowd threw up their hands and roared with shock and joy.

He had crawled back to the stage so no-one could see him. Such showmanship.

Sonic Destroyer boomed out and all the lights flooded the room dark orange.

Utterly, utterly brilliant. Probably my best club memory ever.

djfurness
Voodoo @ Le Bateau

dark, sweaty, scatty, a big barrel, ships on the walls, big chairs by the entrance to downstairs...techno sounded so good back then as well....
best weekly club ive ever been to...no doubt about it

RDR
The Orbit when its was around

Voodoo in the early days of Le Bateau (Hated the 051)

Ambassada Gavioli...wow!

Si the Sigh
01-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Recently, Atmosphere @ The Grove in Seaton.

Louk
01-09-2005, 02:13 PM
It's not really a techno club but the favourite club for me is of course the dance academy, plymouth.

The favourite place I heard techno has to be some rockin free party - or in leeds at paradise club (also cos it was where i met my ex)...

Louk

RDR
01-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Voodoo @ Le Bateau

dark, sweaty, scatty, a big barrel, ships on the walls, big chairs by the entrance to downstairs...techno sounded so good back then as well....
best weekly club ive ever been to...no doubt about it

:clap: :lol: ;) :love:

detfella
01-09-2005, 02:22 PM
saw richie & afx at lost a few years back in one of the best venues ever. some old warehouse opposite the millenium dome with an outside chillout area

used to go orbit a lot, if i had any money atm my new home would be darkside, would love to check out pure filth heard lots of good sets from there

RDR
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
saw richie & afx at lost a few years back in one of the best venues ever. some old warehouse opposite the millenium dome with an outside chillout area

used to go orbit a lot, if i had any money atm my new home would be darkside, would love to check out pure filth heard lots of good sets from there

I was there for that one... got really pissed on absynth and passed out in the covered walkway to the outside chillout area. The bouncers didnt throw me out cos they knew how far i'd come.

Threw up on the train on the way there....

Mindful
01-09-2005, 02:25 PM
The Orbit man I so wish that place was still going on.
Had a realy great night at the Last(cough)North,Mark EG and Crhis Lib in that huge main room@the Lacota and then Chris Lib on his own with Ribsy pushing us all in to party mode both looking like they were having a great time in the sweaty little techno room made from bare breeze blocks there was a great vibe in that room Chris played one night in Hackney probably the first time most people in the room had heard it and the place was rocking and full of good vibes.
Nowadays I need to find somewhere that does it for me a local if you like.
Im open to suggestions.
Realy need a good pure techno night been meening to check out the Darkside with the peeps they get on.

detfella
01-09-2005, 02:28 PM

I was there for that one... got really pissed on absynth and passed out in the covered walkway to the outside chillout area. The bouncers didnt throw me out cos they knew how far i'd come.

Threw up on the train on the way there....

:lol: i had a mission that weekend as well, no sleep for 3 days and went straight into work for bank holiday triple timer!!

philipryan
01-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Ultraschall in Munich was amazing... club's gone but the web site still exists - http://www.ultraschall.com/

ampassasinbirmingham
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
the old House of GOD at grimey subway city. real dirty intimate atmosphere, youd come out at 7 thinking youve just been beaten up.

also atomic jam at the que club, proper stadium techno, the biggerst club i have ever been to.

i never had a chance to frequent the orbit:(:()
bet it was a blast.

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 03:24 PM
its a toss up seriously between

Voodoo @ La Bateau
Atomic Jam @ The Q Club
Bugged Out, The Courtyard

Voodoo @ La Bat's was and still is the epitome of techno to me, serious eye opener and defintely life changing stuff, pretty hard to put into words at times definately, awesome

TechMouse
01-09-2005, 03:29 PM
also atomic jam at the que club

That would be my choice.

Mucky Beats
01-09-2005, 03:46 PM
for me i'd have to say going vodoo in i think it was the 501 or something like that it was like a big long room in what looked like an office block.... the best night i had there was green velvet and ben simms, what a night amazing tunes and quality atmostphere! the year must of been like 2000 or 2001.

as for now had to be the concept tent at dance valley this year on the friday night, all night it was amazing but Carl Cox was wicked. also Realy enjoyed my trips to locked in machester, wicked vibe everytime.

Francisco Scaramanga
01-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Absolutely no doubt for me - Atomic Jam @ the Que Club - words cannot sum it all up, basically, my spiritual home, those were heavy nights and they will live forever in my now fragile head.

There are two very close runners up though:

HOG @ Subway City - An atmosphere that was totally unique in every way, I used to come out of there feeling dirty from the inside, yet elated, as if I had done something naughty and gotten away with it.

Raves in a clearing in the woods in wales, or anywhere else for that matter. This is the shit that got me into all of this in the first place, so it would be criminal to ignore the roots.

Kube 72
01-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Tresor - Berlin, playing there was just unreal, truly amazing.

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 04:09 PM
for me i'd have to say going vodoo in i think it was the 501 or something like that it was like a big long room in what looked like an office block.... the best night i had there was green velvet and ben simms, what a night amazing tunes and quality atmostphere! the year must of been like 2000 or 2001.

was indeed an unbelivable night that, one of the fondest Voodoo memories i have, im surprised we've not bumped into each one night in a mess haha, but yeah that night was awesome, its not the actual 051 its Clear, or The Sound Factory as its known now, the 051 is downstairs and whilst part of the same building is a different venue, they do afterparties up there tho...

class night tho, the Space Djs and Dave Clarke night there was incredible too

french_og
01-09-2005, 04:10 PM
For me Revival in Montesinos near Alicante. Place is rockin from Friday night til Monday morning of total Techno and spanish nutcases!!!

I have seen/heard some great sets there this summer best two from Marco Carola and Mistress Barbara.

www.discorevival.com

massplanck
01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah im gutted that I never got to go to Atomic Jam at the Que club. I had a mate who used to do the lighting for the gigs who was always pestering me to head over.

I have the T-Shirt though :neutral:

kai
01-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Just in terms of techno clubs it's a toss up between Cocoon's Amnesia parties, and The Orbit.

When it comes down to it it has to be The Orbit really, that place was where I first moved from the hardcore and hard trance scenes to the techno scene, and I regard it almost like a cherished first love!

kai
01-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Also worthy of a mention imo, though not always a techno club, are the techno sessions that Tribal do from time to time at Sankeys. Awesome venue with really good vibe, though it has lost it a little over the last year or so.

davethedrummer
01-09-2005, 04:26 PM
well it's got to be a toss up between 2 spgroove parties ( brasil)
one being the 4 year anniversary with me and chris playing on 4 dex for the first time ever along side all the usual gang.
and the other being myself with tim taylor and thomas heckman ( the legend himself! ) the following year
just amazing amazing parties with beautiful vibes , lovely weather great sound etc etc perfect stuff really.
when the records just mix themselves and you just have so much fun behind the dex, time and space ceases to exist , and the entire party moves onto a higher astral plane :crackup: ( i'll leave that one there)

also mills at lost in 95 sometime was a first for me

i love the quote earlier on in this thread about him holding up a record like excalibur..... haha excellent !!!

and of course many of the old immersion parties especially at the maor house bus garage on new years eve 97

storming!

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Also worthy of a mention imo, though not always a techno club, are the techno sessions that Tribal do from time to time at Sankeys. Awesome venue with really good vibe, though it has lost it a little over the last year or so.

doesnt even come close to the memories experienced in places like Voodoo, Orbit etc, its a prog/tribal house night trying to branch into techno for a night every now and then, and ive been to enough of them unfortunately... the one stand out night il hold up my hands and say i loved was the Clarkism 2 night, 4 hour set of house and techno from DC, that was ****in awesome

pumpinglemma
01-09-2005, 04:43 PM
At present: Moog in Barcelona. Impossible to have a bad night there

In the past: Funnel in Dublin. Amazing club and line-ups every week

Once offs: Ultrascall in Munich and the infamous Tresor in Berlin ;) was worth the 10hour train journey !

Francisco Scaramanga
01-09-2005, 04:48 PM

doesnt even come close to the memories experienced in places like Voodoo, Orbit etc, its a prog/tribal house night trying to branch into techno for a night every now and then, and ive been to enough of them unfortunately... the one stand out night il hold up my hands and say i loved was the Clarkism 2 night, 4 hour set of house and techno from DC, that was **** awesome

I hear ya, it aint a proper techno night, and I personally think Tribal are more or less scum, but I have to give it to them, two of the best nights I've had were at Tribal Sessions - the time Jeff Mills played there, about 4 years ago probably, that was absolutely top, one of the best sets I've heard from the main man, and then Derrick May played there about a year later, and once again, one of the best sets I've heard from him as well. And part of what made both those nights ace was the crowd, which was absoutely heaving, totally loving it. So while I think Tribal are scum, they do pull a good crowd, and get the best out of their DJ's, and that demands some amount of respect. Also, I wasnt actually at this one, but the Richie Hawtin Essential Mix from 2001 (september I think) was recorded at Sankeys, on a thursday night, and once again, what a set, and just from the recording you can tell the crowd were going berzerk.

ds2
01-09-2005, 05:21 PM
this one..

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/6955/orbit12ja.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1102/orbit21to.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5012/orbit31hg.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orbit31hg.jpg)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6110/orbit49sc.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orbit49sc.jpg)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2559/svenorbit2lg.th.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svenorbit2lg.jpg)

dan the acid man
01-09-2005, 05:25 PM
the orbit was indeed class.

but my favourite place has to be the arches in sheffield, when headcharge was on it used to be packed, and everybody was up for it.
the first time i went, people were swinging from the lighting rigs

stjohn
01-09-2005, 05:32 PM
At present: Moog in Barcelona. Impossible to have a bad night there

its turned housey :cry: last year it was techno 6/7 days a week. went 3 times this year and it was all minimal house. holden/fake/etc.....

this is all over spain too as far as i can see......

I loved the days in Swich too, pure grime!!
wasnt around for the Funnell, but i wish i was!!!! think i might have been in the temple teathre or heaven '98 or somewhere shite like that :oops:

conflict
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
the basement at diehard leicester was pretty special to me

absolute shithole that stunk and had sweat dripping of the ceiling,banging techno till 7 in the morning everyt friday

splendid nights were had there i can tell thee

maily
01-09-2005, 06:18 PM
sorry for the shameless promotion but here we go anyway:

Had a realy great night at the Last(cough)North,Mark EG and Crhis Lib in that huge main room@the Lacota and then Chris Lib on his own with Ribsy pushing us all in to party mode both looking like they were having a great time in the sweaty little techno room made from bare breeze blocks there was a great vibe in that room Chris played one night in Hackney probably the first time most people in the room had heard it and the place was rocking and full of good vibes.
Im open to suggestions.
Realy need a good pure techno night been meening to check out the Darkside with the peeps they get on.
You should get over to hull at some point and check us out mate, sounds like you aint that far away?

like you i wish the orbit was still going!!
at full strength :(

neko
01-09-2005, 08:01 PM
its between these three.

1. Voodoo@LeBateau.
Always a good night in here, used to get really hot and sweaty in the basement. Good for wandering and meeting sound people. Was also fond of Lee Groves in the top room when it got a bit much in the basement.

2. Atomic Jam@The Que Club
The best venue I have ever been to. If u sat right up at the very top and looked down at thousands of people going mental below u, it was quite special. Beast of a venue for wandering, met some absolute westheads in there. At the dj rush night, there was some old man wandering round dressed like a wizard complete with crystal ball, good lad. gutted this had to come to an end.

3. Cocoon@Amnesia, Ibiza
This was where I first saw Richie Hawtin a couple of years back and it was the best night of my life. Excellent music, and full of germans going totally mental to the music.

neko
01-09-2005, 08:01 PM
its between these three.

1. Voodoo@LeBateau.
Always a good night in here, used to get really hot and sweaty in the basement. Good for wandering and meeting sound people. Was also fond of Lee Groves in the top room when it got a bit much in the basement.

2. Atomic Jam@The Que Club
The best venue I have ever been to. If u sat right up at the very top and looked down at thousands of people going mental below u, it was quite special. Beast of a venue for wandering, met some absolute westheads in there. At the dj rush night, there was some old man wandering round dressed like a wizard complete with crystal ball, good lad. gutted this had to come to an end.

3. Cocoon@Amnesia, Ibiza
This was where I first saw Richie Hawtin a couple of years back and it was the best night of my life. Excellent music, and full of germans going totally mental to the music.

neko
01-09-2005, 08:06 PM
sorry for the double post, don't know how that happened. :hmm:

Sam_Horam
01-09-2005, 09:33 PM
defintely the Orbit for me

Saturday nights have not been the same without it... :roll:

Loads of mates I don't really see anymore now it's gone

Sunil
01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
I loved the days in Swich too, pure grime!!

I don't think any of us appreciated it while we had it either. It was all "this place is a kip, there's piss dripping from the ceilings"... it'd be great to have the old Switch back all the same :clap: :rambo:

Traxx
01-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Que club - atomic jam
i love techno - expo centre :shock: :shock: :shock: (couldnt believe the size of it)
bugged out - courtyard

heavy beats
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
robert johnson in offenbach, germany - i've had quite a few good nights there listening to the sounds of ricardo villalobos. very inspiring

RDR
02-09-2005, 01:14 AM
sorry for the shameless promotion but here we go anyway:

Im open to suggestions.
You should get over to hull at some point and check us out mate, sounds like you aint that far away?

like you i wish the orbit was still going!!
at full strength :(

You SHAMELESS promoter monkey!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :clap: :neutral: :shock: :shock:

maily
02-09-2005, 01:28 AM
tee hee :nono:

eyes without a face
02-09-2005, 01:30 AM
The Courtyard now really holds the fondest memories in terms of the friendships i made in that place, and the sheer magnitude of what was happening in there at that time, none of this Clarke is shite rubbish, just a couple of thousand people who couldnt of been anymore on the same wavelength

i miss that place something rotten!

The Overfiend
02-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Limelight Nyc
Function threw some damn good parties.

Bas Mooy
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
My top 3 in Holland...

1.Awakenings - Westergasfabriek - Amsterdam (5000 partypeople and still amazingly underground)
2.Waterfront - Rotterdam (wicked soundsystem!!!)
3.Doornroosje - Nijmegen (great atmosphere!)

kai
02-09-2005, 10:47 AM

doesnt even come close to the memories experienced in places like Voodoo, Orbit etc, its a prog/tribal house night trying to branch into techno for a night every now and then, and ive been to enough of them unfortunately... the one stand out night il hold up my hands and say i loved was the Clarkism 2 night, 4 hour set of house and techno from DC, that was **** awesome

I do hear what your saying mate, and yeah, fair play Tribal Sessions is usually a load of toss, but regardless, I had to mention it purely for the Jeff Mills and Christian Smith night I went to there in June 2004. Without doubt one of the best nights I have had in a techno club over the last few years, and hence I decided to give it a mention.

Technobitch
02-09-2005, 11:16 AM

as for now had to be the concept tent at dance valley this year on the friday night, all night it was amazing but Carl Cox was wicked. also Realy enjoyed my trips to locked in machester, wicked vibe everytime.

i agree with all that, also have to mention Orbit that place rocked!!! i first went there wen i was 15 and it was my first proper club experiance, i have never forgot how amazing it was and how nice the ppl were.....oh and how fuking ace the techno was!!!!!!

herman
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Off the top of my head in no order and subject to change at anytime ;)

Wire Festival - Japan

20,000 odd Japanese people just going nuts to Techno in a huge sports arena it rarely if ever gets better than this for Techno.

D-Edge - Sao Paulo - Brazil

Wicked little club for about 300 odd people i would guess but amazing sound and visuals (the guy who owns the place is a dj so as you can imagine everything is as it should be from a technical point of view).

Family - Toledo - Spain

An absolute madhouse part way between Madrid and Toledo when its fully open holds something like 5000 people and you cannot fault the sound etc at all Spains best kept secret.

There's so many great places though its difficult to just nail it down to a few let alone one.

Technobitch
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Im open to suggestions.

i was there for that NORTH night, my brother Triple B was playing! the place was rocking for every set! we had a whole coach load down from North Wales with us and had a night to remember!

ramshackles
02-09-2005, 11:27 AM
the orbit...hands down. :cry:

Technobitch
02-09-2005, 11:37 AM

we need an Orbit reunion! its clear to see that loads of ppl miss it! something needs to be done!

i hear its a restaurant now, is that true? :evil:

kai
02-09-2005, 11:48 AM
CJ Bolland is on in Wakefield on 24th Sept at Kube Club. Wakey isn't too far from Morley, and i know a hell of a lot of the old Orbit crowd from Wakey and Leeds will be coming out of the woodwork for it anyway, so sounds like a good bet for an Orbit reunion!

And it's gonna be my birthday bash too, so admittedly I do have a slight vested interest in getting people down to the event, but still sounds like a plan to me.

Event is up on Techno Promotion for anyone interested.

G-BO
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
i miss giros in belfast :cry:

Stella Boy
02-09-2005, 08:09 PM

we need an Orbit reunion! its clear to see that loads of ppl miss it! something needs to be done!

it's shut down now, wasn't doing to well. An Orbit reunion sounds cool but who would book :eh: there's one or two I wouldn't book :lol:

Sunil
02-09-2005, 08:56 PM
i miss giros in belfast :cry:

Man, that was a great wee spot :clap:
Played there shortly before Evolution wound up, it was the epitomy of a small, sweaty techno club on that 3rd floor :twisted:
Everytime the crowd even sensed the kick coming from the next record they'd be going bonkers, will always remember that night well, and the way everyone roared their heads off in the place :rambo:

eyes without a face
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM

I do hear what your saying mate, and yeah, fair play Tribal Sessions is usually a load of toss, but regardless, I had to mention it purely for the Jeff Mills and Christian Smith night I went to there in June 2004. Without doubt one of the best nights I have had in a techno club over the last few years, and hence I decided to give it a mention.

yeah i should be more positive about that place really, ive had some cracking nights, i recall a night, very vaguely, with Christian Smith on and, i think, Justin Robertson was on but im not sure, although Justin played there once on my birthday and that was a great night, i cant knock them for that, but its run by some very very dubious characters and that puts me right off unfortunately

but yeah man it has its place definately

FIK
02-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Fuse-Brussels

djbuzzbe
02-09-2005, 09:28 PM
atomic jam +que club= awesome top djs wicked crowd

Stretch
02-09-2005, 09:35 PM
House of God @ Subway - wish i had a time machine so I could re-live some of those nights.

Atomic Jam @ Que - Awesome venue.

Planet Rose @ Doornroojse - Most friendly crowd you could imagine, great venue. Felt like a big house party. Made me laugh seeing people cycling home in the morning. U just don't see that in the Uk!

kai
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM

yeah i should be more positive about that place really, ive had some cracking nights, i recall a night, very vaguely, with Christian Smith on and, i think, Justin Robertson was on but im not sure, although Justin played there once on my birthday and that was a great night, i cant knock them for that, but its run by some very very dubious characters and that puts me right off unfortunately

Haha. Agreed, the guy who runs it is a proper cock! Proper up his own arse!

kai
05-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Haha. Agreed, the guy who runs it is a proper cock! Proper up his own arse!

dairel
05-09-2005, 05:17 PM
The old Funnel Club in Dublin which Decal used to run i think.

Had some crazy crazy nights in there....

I miss it like hell
:cry:

Yeah, i saw speedy j there for the first time, t'was deadly club.

It was Timo(U:mac) and Decal(alan & Denis) organinsed friday's under the name SoftSwing.

I miss it also

Ritzi Lee
05-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Nature One!

Technobitch
06-09-2005, 11:40 AM

it's shut down now, wasn't doing to well. An Orbit reunion sounds cool but who would book :eh: there's one or two I wouldn't book :lol:

any promoters, club organisers out there up for the challenge?

slimboy
06-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Atomic Jam at the Que. Especially one of the birthdays (3rd?) which Holy Ghost headlined.

Foxxxy
07-09-2005, 08:47 PM
The techno version of Cabbage in Leeds is the bollox for me :dance: great people, great vibe

JimmySomerville
07-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Any of you ever been to Club 69 in paisely?

Tiny 150 capacity club below a indian restraunt....Slam, Clarke, Fenton, DJ Assault and millions more have all played down there was only 300 yds from my old flat...Its went downhill now though :cry:

Eddie
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Buggedout in the courtyard, it got me acquainted with techno and i used to look forward to it up to 3 weeks before.

The Que club for atomic jam was another peach, everytime i went into the club i was stunned at its size.

Voodoo at la bateau was the dirtiest yet most fun club i have ever been to, although i am very fond of it in the upstairs in the academy now.

Never seen much techno when i was there but the loft in barcelona is another mint club, the main room is huge!

mattboyslim
07-09-2005, 11:15 PM
reading this thread...**** me the que must reopen..its like birminghams hacienda!!

TechMouse
08-09-2005, 10:14 AM
reading this thread...**** me the que must reopen..
Are they doing anything with it yet, or is it just sitting there like a giant waste of all that is good in the world?

mattboyslim
08-09-2005, 11:38 AM
reading this thread...**** me the que must reopen..
Are they doing anything with it yet, or is it just sitting there like a giant waste of all that is good in the world?supposedly the developers are mlving in, but every time i drive past it just looks empty. hopefully the council will have a chnage of heart. its an important part of birmingham history, and they'd be foolish to let it go

TechMouse
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
As it is, it's a one of a kind building... which offers a unique space for unforgettable parties.

If the developers come in, it will either be offices or appartments.

Sad, sad, sad...

kai
08-09-2005, 01:10 PM
The techno version of Cabbage in Leeds is the bollox for me :dance: great people, great vibe

The Windian is an awesome venue - been to a few quality nights down there.

francois
10-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Any of you ever been to Club 69 in paisely?

Tiny 150 capacity club below a indian restraunt....Slam, Clarke, Fenton, DJ Assault and millions more have all played down there was only 300 yds from my old flat...Its went downhill now though :cry:

yeah we had one of the dj's over tears ago, he was a dead ringer for zag (as in zig and zag) all the maaadddouuutovvvitts couldnt stop laughing :lol:

Bugger
11-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Bugged Out! @ Nation
Voodoo @ La Bats
Atomic Jam @ The Que

pretty standard!

Paul Zykotik
15-09-2005, 11:33 PM

That was a truly awesome night. The build up to it had been massive, tickets were like gold dust - how often does that happen these days? - and there was a general vibe of the old days. That Chris Liberator set was phenomenal...I remember him playing One Night In Hackney and the atmosphere cranking up a notch, then the tune he played after just made me lose it on the dancefloor. I hadn't done that unaided by chemicals for years, it was fantastic being able to do it again. Wish I knew what that tune was!

As far as favourite techno club goes, for me it was Pillbox which ran up in Edinburgh a few years back. The first one I went to was in 99 but it was early-mid 2000 where it really took off for me and many others. It was a time where techno was exploding in Edinburgh while it was fading away in a lot of other places, and the Calton Studios was the perfect venue for it - out the way of the city centre so there were no unwelcome pissheads, and an underground feel without being a cesspit. What really made it for me was at first it was just residents. As such there was no snobbery, nobody cared about only seeing Name X or Name Y, everyone just got on to the dancefloor and got on with it. You'd hear everything from Pure Science tunes to full on acid techno. The night they booked Julian Liberator (June 2000) was incredible, people just stood there for 20 minutes after the music had stopped refusing to move. Special days :)

acidsaturation
20-09-2005, 02:08 PM
One of the best had to be going to Tresor in Berlin, both on the place, the "experience" and the people and the tunes.

Can't for the life of me remember who was playing though.

The Arches in Sheffield holds a special place as the venue it all started at, and I always liked the place with the courtyard - was it the beehive? where sankeys was years ago...

acidsaturation
20-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh and favourite overall...

Anywhere outside in the peak district.

kai
20-09-2005, 04:10 PM
and I always liked the place with the courtyard - was it the beehive? where sankeys was years ago...

It's still there mate!

fresh_an_funky_design
20-09-2005, 04:14 PM
OK, that's it. We all lov to go and party but have you ever stopped to think about what you're favourite place ever has been?

For me, I miss the early days of The Orbit in Leeds, but that's probably because that was a time when I could loose myself on the floor and hear some of the best names in techno week in week out without the crazy dj schedule I have now.

Best techno parties at the mo? Hmmm.. I'd have to say the Circuito parties in Brazil that I've been to the last few years. The big raves in Holland are pretty good too - I heard a great set by Gaetano at Dance Valley. Great ppl, great vibe, great music now that's what makes a good party ;)

yeah that set by gaetano at dance valley was wicked, you should of seen preach's set in that tent on that saturday night... amazing, not danced or smiled that much for a long time!

S/E
24-09-2005, 02:11 PM
My favourite techno parties of all time were the Transcedance series of events in Toronto, Canada. The decor was always top notch, they regularly brought in people like Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills, and Speedy J. The parties were always in crazy warehouses. Those were the golden days of techno in Toronto.

Alan Oldham
08-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Tresor, 99, 00, 01, 02, 05
La Real, Oviedo, 2002
Music Box, Coacalco, Mexico, 2002
Love Parade Mexico City, 2002
Split, London, 2003

Analog.1
12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
My favourite techo club was Eurobeat 2000 at Turnmills on Thursday night.... Had some special nights down there... Used to even go to work on Friday proper mashed but it was all worth it.

alsynthe
12-10-2005, 04:28 PM
the park niteclub in manchester, god it was a shithole but we loved it

kai
12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Awww.... The Park R.I.P!

Was just saying how much i miss that place the other day Al. Will always have a place in my heart and be regarded as the kind of spiritual home of Hard Life. When we were running down there was in nearly every weekend for six months - great memories!!!

Still makes me proud that we got to hold our 1st B'day event down there and it was the last ever party at the venue... and we ****ing rocked it enough to give it a fitting send off imo.

I remember going down to meet Lenny in person for the first time to do my first night promoting in the venue, having agreed a deal to use the venue over the phone. Mark and John Berry were playing Locked that night, and I turned up straight from getting wankered at Sankeys the night before, looking utterly smashed and having consumed that many tablets in the last 24 hours that I thought I was losing my mind. Lenny didn't give a ****, in fact he thought it was funny, and just told me to enjoy myself and crack on getting hammered with his punters, as that would be the best way to get to know The Park crew and get them down to my event.

Now thats the kind of attitude you want from a club owner!

Happy daze!

oldbugger
12-10-2005, 05:10 PM
i nice forest in north wales. easily

Jack
14-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Absolutely no doubt for me - Atomic Jam @ the Que Club - words cannot sum it all up, basically, my spiritual home, those were heavy nights and they will live forever in my now fragile head.

There are two very close runners up though:

HOG @ Subway City - An atmosphere that was totally unique in every way, I used to come out of there feeling dirty from the inside, yet elated, as if I had done something naughty and gotten away with it.

Raves in a clearing in the woods in wales, or anywhere else for that matter. This is the shit that got me into all of this in the first place, so it would be criminal to ignore the roots.

I think you had the same upbringing as me ;)

Sanctuary was ok 2, in brum and Milton keynes.
Milton keynes back in the day, doubt i would like it now so much.

Mezzaniene in wolves was good layout and amazing soundsystem, but shut...............

278d7e64a374de26f==