PDA

View Full Version : Phil Neville For England- Please NO!!

french_og
01-09-2005, 08:14 PM
On Skysports.com it said:-

Phil Neville is hopeful his experience will see him given the nod to start for England against Wales at the weekend.

I f****** hope not, i still haven´t forgotton that penalty he gave away against Romania a few years back.

F*** off you useless f****** MANC!!!

Esox Lucius
01-09-2005, 08:16 PM
cant see him getting in, unless he has a seriously good season for us.

nick_anarchy
01-09-2005, 08:22 PM
instead of who tho ??? gary ??

djfase
01-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Hes steady thats about it

basslinejunkie
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
gary neville is injured or suspended for this game.

luke young should start at right back imo.

dee
02-09-2005, 02:25 AM
england are shit any hows who cares

basslinejunkie
02-09-2005, 02:42 AM
england are shit any hows who cares

true!!

lukekendall
02-09-2005, 08:27 AM
luck young is starting

and as for 4-5-1

sven you wanker, surly play carrick in that possition, he's used to playing there, thats his game not beckham for **** sake cant you leave him out for once you PRICK!!!!!!!!!!

WE DEF NEED A NEW GAFFER

i hope we lose and he gets the sack

french_og
02-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I like the idea of changing the formation for once but surely Defoe deserves a chance, against teams like wales we should be playing 2 strikers and banging in the goals and Defoe is full of confidence and playing well. Get him in.

lukekendall
02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
I like the idea of changing the formation for once but surely Defoe deserves a chance, against teams like wales we should be playing 2 strikers and banging in the goals and Defoe is full of confidence and playing well. Get him in.

I agree mate but surly if he does play 4-5-1 why the **** he is playing beckham in the role? it is the tactics of a guttless gaffer that is controlled by the captin and is scared to drop him

french_og
02-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I don´t agree with Beckham being dropped, he is a class player and can play in the middle of the park as he has done for Real at time. I personally would prefere Gerrard doing the holding role, i know he does like to get forward but he is also a great ballwinner and has the disipline to hold and let Beckham and Lampard support the forward play.

Who would you replace beckham with? Because with all due repect to Carrick he isn´t as good as Beckham.

Will
02-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Phil Neville, haha. Doesn't make much sense playing Beckham in the holding role, unless it's kidology, though of course Gerrard and Lampard have much more running in them than Beckham. Becks is no holding midfielder though, but playing people out of position is one of Svens favourite piss takes...

nick_anarchy
02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
bekham can do so much work but ppl dont notice this ,... when he was at utd he ran his balls off he want always on the right .. he can sit in the middle and pick ppl out with his balls he can split teams apart .. he aint no holding player i know that but he will try and put in 110% i dont think england have a holding player do thay ??

phill will be covering for the injuryed gary no dout in that but im a bit unsure about the 2 centrel players rio & carrager thay were well shit VS denmark is king out ??

Will
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't think Beckham has the same work ethic since he left Man U, the Spanish press likened him to Forrest Gump, running around, with no real purpose. Seems like he's more interested in winning free kicks by taking a tumble and taking them these days.

nick_anarchy
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't think Beckham has the same work ethic since he left Man U, the Spanish press likened him to Forrest Gump, running around, with no real purpose. Seems like he's more interested in winning free kicks by taking a tumble and taking them these days.

yeh thats true .. but he didnt nee dto run around and real . with the players thay had he just needs to pass etc ..

but is their a player who is english who can play the holding role ???

Will
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Butt perhaps, he did well in the last world cup... Parker, or maybe Carrick would be other possibilities. And there's always Gerrard.

nick_anarchy
02-09-2005, 05:24 PM
butt is the only one .. none of the rest are holding players .. but butt has sort of droped since he left utd .. would he be able to fill the gap ??

french_og
02-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Football at International Level has moved on from the old holding midfielder unless your playing 3 at the back. The time has gone when you could have the likes of David Batty sitting in there knocking sideward passes.

Gerrard would be perfect in there, he is awesome ballwinner, good in the air and a great passer and hif he did want to venture forward then surely there would be good enough communication with Beckham or Lampard to sit in for him.

Beckham Gerrard Lampard with Jo Cole and Wright Phillips does look like a real good midfield on paper, lets hope they can proof it 2mo by beating the Sheep shaggers!!!!

jam
03-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Butt is past it the only player capable of playing that holding role for me is Scot Parker

the geordie wanker

lukekendall
05-09-2005, 11:32 AM
I don´t agree with Beckham being dropped, he is a class player and can play in the middle of the park as he has done for Real at time. I personally would prefere Gerrard doing the holding role, i know he does like to get forward but he is also a great ballwinner and has the disipline to hold and let Beckham and Lampard support the forward play.

Who would you replace beckham with? Because with all due repect to Carrick he isn´t as good as Beckham.

not a better player but he is better at the holding role tho, he was the best player in the england team on the trip to america

he has not got as good long range pass than becks but has 2 great feet and is a much better tackler and reader of the game than him

beckham need to be played in the center and sven has to make a choice between him lamps and gerrard i reckon

MARK NEENAN
05-09-2005, 09:24 PM
sven has to make a choice between him lamps and gerrard i reckon

Word! There both amazing players, but tis time he chose only one to start!
Carrick needs to play i reckon! ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==