PDA

View Full Version : How can I get more dynamics out of my music?

Philler
01-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi!

Maybe a few of you noticed that I released a minimal track in the Techno Production Filez Forum!

At the moment I am not satisfied with my sound! I want create it more flexible and variable like the productions of richie hawtin for example! I think my used samples are good but I try to do my sound more variable by using more samples. This is the wrong way for minimal music!
So do you have any tips for me and my fx-work!

Maybe it helps if you hear my new track! -----> http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=476452#476452

thanx for all answers!! greetz!

Evil G
01-09-2005, 10:09 PM
i liked the tune. it has lots of potential.

i'd say that to get more out of less like richie hawtin does, look into things like slow filter sweeps over your percussion, non-linear reverbs that have longer tails during breakdowns, choruses and phasers with lfo's that control some of their parameters, etc.

Mindful
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
heres what i wrote in the thread for your track

Just simple things like compression,subtractive eqing,panning,reverb,delay,bit crushing and distortion work well for me just try to be subtle with it,try not to go over the top.
Just try to eq everything around one another by taking frequencys out of things that dont need them and panning elements around creativley,like I say simple but works for me.
Theres other people on here that could help better than me tho.

278d7e64a374de26f==