PDA

View Full Version : Bass Drum multisamples

Agent 24
02-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know of any sample CDs with multisampled bass drums on? ie the ones that you can pitch up but keep the speed the same? I've tried pitching up a drum using Soundforge but it seems to have changed the sound of the drum completely!

Or, is it possible to get round the problem another way on Reason or Cubase?

log:one
02-09-2005, 10:57 AM
cubase has a pitch shift function dont it?

right click on the audio file i reckon, its there somewhere. quite a good one too.

though you'll be hard pressed to pitch a kick up without changing the sound.

Agent 24
02-09-2005, 11:49 AM
thanks, i haven't quite got Cubase working successfully but will try that at some point. I know that it's quite hard to pitch shift a sounds without affecting the quality, but when I tried it on Soundforge it was just awful, it just sounded really tinny and distorted, even when I tried all the different modes.

mr.big.g
02-09-2005, 06:19 PM
why not try what your doing now in soundforge, save the file, then use some compression, E.Q. and layer the original sample underneath your edited one (carefully!).

try and work with what you got, although you wont get the sound your looking for by just pitch shifting the kick drum, but thats the first step you need to take, then keep working on it, try different methods e.t.c.

Good Luck!!

s0k0i0n0u0p
24-09-2005, 04:10 AM
why not synthesize your own kicks?
the buzz tracker software is free and comes with hundreds of sofsynths including some decent kickdrum synthesizers http://www.buzzmachines.com

278d7e64a374de26f==