PDA

View Full Version : Techno song vs Techno track

Sunil
02-09-2005, 11:18 PM
From the song based stuff of early Detroit through to the the track based stuff that dominates techno today. Can you compare? Is it worth comparing? For many of us we revel in the fact that techno can be faceless music, and often just an intense, buzzing wall of sound... it's sonic expression init? But does it sometimes just lack overall substance or meaning that some lyrics could add?

Do many people here think there could be much mileage to be got out of the idea of a techno song still? Could it sound underground?

Perhaps industrial is the nearest reference, but is there life in the techno song beyond this? Any budding divas or techno tenors out there who fancy their chances? :)

massplanck
02-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Another point...

Where is it written that a techno track always has to be between 4-5 mins longs and at the same BPM all the way through.

:nono:

Evil G
03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
i'm not really into lyrics, but i do prefer tunes with more traditional musical progressions; beginning, middle, end, tension build and release, parts that play off each other, etc. stuff that could stand on it's own or be mixed...

Mirsha
03-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Another point...

Where is it written that a techno track always has to be between 4-5 mins longs and at the same BPM all the way through.

Tube Jerk - Eight

I leave the rest to the people who give enough of a **** to find out.

Joseph Isaac
03-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Another point...

Nowhere.

MARKEG
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Another point...

Nowhere.

:) that's techno baby!!!

:twisted:

massplanck
03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Thats music not techno.

Techno is more conformist than most when it comes to song structure I feel.

so.. boooooo

;)

massplanck
03-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Tube Jerk - Eight

:clap:
Tune.

rotten
04-09-2005, 08:50 PM
this is a real techno song!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nula2.cz/eshop/mp3/smbj1a.mp3

http://www.nula2.cz/eshop/mp3/smbj1b.mp3

anx
06-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Another point...

Tube Jerk - Eight

havnt heard that one, but i'd like too. have a few tubejerk records that are on sativae.

another good example would be the origional horn track by tim taylor. that track goes all over the place. but then again, its like 10 years old

MangaFish
10-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Another point...

i have plenty of techno tracks that arent 4-5 mins long.

As for the BPM - i cant see a track with an inconsistant beat rate proving popular to many DJs. Not only does it make beat matching difficault, it also make layering impossible.

though there are a fair few techno tracks the the BPM changes in the breakdown - but that doesnt really count imo

MangaFish
10-09-2005, 12:49 AM
.... For many of us we revel in the fact that techno can be faceless music, and often just an intense, buzzing wall of sound... it's sonic expression init? But does it sometimes just lack overall substance or meaning that some lyrics could add?

You mean like "The Horrorist - 1 Night in NYC", "Dave Clarke - Whats Her Name?" or pretty much anything by Green Velvet?

Sunil
12-09-2005, 02:52 AM
.... For many of us we revel in the fact that techno can be faceless music, and often just an intense, buzzing wall of sound... it's sonic expression init? But does it sometimes just lack overall substance or meaning that some lyrics could add?

You mean like "The Horrorist - 1 Night in NYC", "Dave Clarke - Whats Her Name?" or pretty much anything by Green Velvet?

Well I guess they could be examples alright. Original lyrics as opposed to a lobbed in sampled lyric.

massplanck
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Green Velvet would embody everything good about a techno 'song' as opposed to a faceless track.

Although the best examples of techoid type songs for me would always always be Skinny Puppy even if they wouldnt fit too much into the techno category. Those stream of conciousness type lyrics have always grabbed me by the balls. ala "Candle" "Tin Omen" & my favourite song ever "Warlock". :love:

darkmockeray
12-09-2005, 03:50 PM
this is a real techno song!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nula2.cz/eshop/mp3/smbj1a.mp3

http://www.nula2.cz/eshop/mp3/smbj1b.mp3

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a mess!!!!!!! :shock: :oops: :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==