PDA

View Full Version : dj producer

conflict
03-09-2005, 09:57 PM
is unbelievably talented

his production is second to none

just listen to his tunes,i'm not into the gabba style but my twin bro is so i get to hear quite a bit of his stuff

you've gotta take ya hat off to the man

what you lot think

MARKEG
04-09-2005, 12:07 AM
lovely guy, totallly devoted and totally underated. some of his full on techno sets have really made me sit up and take note. his sets in the technodrome and at the raves really got alot of people who otherwise wouldn't have danced to techno, into the sound. that's a mission of mine actually, so i take my hat off to him.

one the uk's unsung hereos of techno. nice 1.

tocsin
04-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I love his music. BTW, it's been rumored that he's been writing a lot of his stuff in *GASP* Fruity Loops recently. ;) Producer has pushed the envelope in many ways. I wouldn't call him an unsung hero for the UK, Mark. There is not a soul I know over here in the US who is into hardcore techno that doesn't know who Producer is, along with owning a handful of his records at the very least. The Deathchant stuff got a lot of people around here to eventually take note of Producer and Hellfish. In fact, if it wasn't for those two guys and the Deathchant label, I may have stopped spinning hardcore entirely around 1998 when it seemed most of my fav labels and artists had disappeared while the market was getting saturated with newstyle.

MARKEG
04-09-2005, 01:15 AM
hehehe perhaps's i'm biased :doh: :crackup:

Mindful
04-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Lukes boss,I was obbsessed with Scorpio and Producer when I was a teen and more or less got in to harder purist techno from his techno sets.

~cheeky~
04-09-2005, 04:39 PM
ive only heard him play once :cry:
that was in the techno room at one of the subsonica events.
his set was bloody wicked ;)

if more ppl played like him id be well into techno.

koma
04-09-2005, 04:41 PM
ive only heard him play once :cry: .

welol at least you heard him :cry:

dj casualty
04-09-2005, 05:38 PM
yeah awesome production recent re mix on neurotoxic is out of this world

Trip Head
04-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Never really heard any of his stuff. But I've always heard people say good things about him DJing. Anyone recommend any of his best stuff for me to have a listen to?

djfase
04-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Wicked dj. Heard him play at alot of the raves and am really impressed with his hardcore techno and purist techno sets.

Only listen to the hard stuff when he or scorpio play.

FuK-NuT
05-09-2005, 10:27 AM
hellfish and producer.... best of the best really!

for production i have never came across a hardcore lable that
could beat Deathchant ...max respekt!!

jon connor
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I love his music. BTW, it's been rumored that he's been writing a lot of his stuff in *GASP* Fruity Loops recently. ;) Producer has pushed the envelope in many ways. I wouldn't call him an unsung hero for the UK, Mark. There is not a soul I know over here in the US who is into hardcore techno that doesn't know who Producer is, along with owning a handful of his records at the very least. The Deathchant stuff got a lot of people around here to eventually take note of Producer and Hellfish. In fact, if it wasn't for those two guys and the Deathchant label, I may have stopped spinning hardcore entirely around 1998 when it seemed most of my fav labels and artists had disappeared while the market was getting saturated with newstyle.

dunno where you get that fom dude! coz i can tell you now luke dont use fruity :eh: he loves his vst`s effects far to much, anyways dude if you get a chance take a listen to his techno production , especially on the NORTH TECHNOLOGY releases , ive tried to find a sound file but i cant , these tracks are dance floor killers. :rambo:

Sunil
05-09-2005, 12:50 PM
NORTH TECHNOLOGY releases :

The 1st of those is one of the best hard techno records I own, ****in brilliant.

He played here last year and was outstanding, and it was great to see people reacting so well to hardcore in Dublin :clap:

jon connor
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM
yea cool sunil this great , but people seem to forget luke can also make outstanding techno , i know luke personaly and he loves his techno just as much as his hardcore , ive had him and ribbz at an event in north wales a few years ago playing in an arena of over 800 people on a 30 k system , he ripped the fukin place appart ,playing techno not hardcore , the crowd loved it and luke was over the moon with his set a great memory indeed. :love:

but ive said this before in topics , i just wish he would release more oustanding techno just as he did on the technology releases......... so if anyone see luke recently on here please give him a big kick up the rear end and demand some sickness we all no he can do :lol: :lol: :lol: na not quite like that but give it a mention anyway. ;)

FuK-NuT
05-09-2005, 02:06 PM
deffo...his North tec releases are so fresh....had plenty people ask
me about them when ive booted them oot...sound so fresh!

dan the acid man
05-09-2005, 02:26 PM
bit off topic i suppose, and really it shouldnt matter what his tracks are written on, but you can use vst's with fruity loops

kai
05-09-2005, 04:57 PM
The guy is sheer class - certainly one of the most talented British DJ's out there imo. Followed him throughout my hardcore techno days, when he was always one of my faves. When I got into the more purist sound around 2000/2001 I pretty much forgot about Producer, thinking of him purely for his hardcore sets, and in particular the sound of Deathchant. However, over past couple of years I have heard quite a few purist sets from the guy, and they have all been first class. I think he is underrated in the techno scene personally, but I think it's because his name is so synomonous with hardcore that his other stuff gets over-looked than for any other reason.

FuK-NuT
06-09-2005, 09:39 AM
The guy is sheer class - certainly one of the most talented British DJ's out there imo. Followed him throughout my hardcore techno days, when he was always one of my faves. When I got into the more purist sound around 2000/2001 I pretty much forgot about Producer, thinking of him purely for his hardcore sets, and in particular the sound of Deathchant. However, over past couple of years I have heard quite a few purist sets from the guy, and they have all been first class. I think he is underrated in the techno scene personally, but I think it's because his name is so synomonous with hardcore that his other stuff gets over-looked than for any other reason.

which is sad because the boy makes better techno than half the monkeys
out there ;) ;)

dj casualty
06-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Never really heard any of his stuff. But I've always heard people say good things about him DJing. Anyone recommend any of his best stuff for me to have a listen to? anythin on his Rebel Scum label is quality,also he's done an album recently called Doomsday Mechanics whichas well as hardcore has breakbeat/old skool and drum and bassy kinda choons,its v good

tocsin
06-09-2005, 07:21 PM
dunno where you get that fom dude! coz i can tell you now luke dont use fruity eh? he loves his vst`s effects far to
much, anyways dude if you get a chance take a listen to his techno production , especially on the NORTH TECHNOLOGY
releases , ive tried to find a sound file but i cant , these tracks are dance floor killers. rambo

Like I said, it's rumor. But, personally, I don't care if he uses Fruity Loops or not. It's rumored both ways. Regardless, he's gone the digital route and produces ****ing awesome tracks which a number of ANALog snobs wouldn't be able to touch. Hell, on one of his Deathchant releases (Technologikal Revolutionary), he proclaims the release as the "death of MIDI." I absolutely loved the "Last Man Standing" release on Social Parasite.

nick_anarchy
06-09-2005, 07:56 PM

dunno where you get that fom dude! coz i can tell you now luke dont use fruity :eh: he loves his vst`s effects far to much, anyways dude if you get a chance take a listen to his techno production , especially on the NORTH TECHNOLOGY releases , ive tried to find a sound file but i cant , these tracks are dance floor killers. :rambo:#

i 2nd that sconhead .. i know he used fruty with rebel scum 1 now that was his 1st release on his own label and it sprob the best uk hardcore techno lable to date and with only 14 releases its class !!

lukes techno production is to a different level as jon as said he loves hso vst's effects and iv also spoke to him about it and he does use cuebase

as mark has also said about hi slove for the music etc th eman is a music hero within th ehardcore techno scene shame he dont get around much with his techno sets their top notch !!! his set at subsonica / north / species were wikked

tocsin
07-09-2005, 12:07 AM
lukes techno production is to a different level as jon as said he loves hso vst's effects and iv also spoke to him about it and he does use cuebase

Which I absolutely ****ing love. I've played some of his tracks for analog freaks who were floored when I said it was digital. A lot of people won't budge on that though. Some of my favorite producers use strictly computers nowadays and nothing else. Yet, somehow, it just seems there are a lot of people with some weird loyalty to analog gear who don't even realise that some of the producers they are lsitening to haven't ****ed with any of it in years.

as mark has also said about hi slove for the music etc th eman is a music hero within th ehardcore techno scene shame he dont get around much with his techno sets their top notch !!! his set at subsonica / north / species were wikked

Man, I'd really love to see him over here in the states. Same with Hellfish. I know a couple of guys have tried to boom Producer but, unfortunately, due to the costs involved in etting him here and the number of people that would likely attend the party, it just hasn't been realistic. No ill will towards him for that either. I guess, in that sense, Mark is right in that he's unsung. But, for the handful of hardcore heads out here in the northeast, it's not the case. We just aren't enough of a majority to be able to afford him yet.

DJ Asylum
07-09-2005, 12:14 AM
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/5792/thedjproducer1py.jpg

:notworthy: :clap: :clap:

Louk
07-09-2005, 01:09 AM
the man is a ****ing legend

such a shame his releases on north technology 5 never went past cdr stage :( those 5 tracks will never come out now i fear

hes such a quality DJ i love his techno

and ntec 02 + ntec 03 are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Louk

JamieBall
08-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Can someone PM me a contact for Luke if anyone has it ?

NOT the link/email from his site - a more direct one if poss...

Thanking you very much.

Producer = :love:

jon connor
08-09-2005, 10:19 AM

think this is the reason you will find luke when doing a techno set or release of techno under Luke Mcmillan .

nick_anarchy
08-09-2005, 11:37 AM
plus if ppl do look in to bookin him u get a better deal if u get 2 sets on the nite .. just a bit of info for ya

kai
08-09-2005, 01:13 PM

think this is the reason you will find luke when doing a techno set or release of techno under Luke Mcmillan .

Yeah I know that Jon.

Btw, looking forward to seeing you up here in Huds for Twisted Harmony on 22nd October mate. Should be a good one!

kai
08-09-2005, 01:14 PM

Thanking you very much.

For bookings you should contact Andy Bowler @ Radical Technology.

DJAbyss
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
yeah fair play louk you are a legend a very insprieing dj

soma
08-09-2005, 02:15 PM
nobody's mentioned that weird crazy scratching he does with his sets. Gave it that little extra edge. Never too much - just right!!!!!

Anyone know of any sets hanging around of his online????

FuK-NuT
08-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Thanking you very much.

For bookings you should contact Andy Bowler @ Radical Technology.

it wont b about booking m8....more on a production tip i would think...

kai
08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Ah right, cannae help then, haven't got a direct contact.

jon connor
08-09-2005, 03:09 PM

Yeah I know that Jon.

Btw, looking forward to seeing you up here in Huds for Twisted Harmony on 22nd October mate. Should be a good one!

no probs dude , looking forward to the gig man , also nice to see sum old north faces , ya knows ya love ya hard techno :lol: :lol: :lol: cool man easy now hold it down for the luke mc millan , i want him on supertech he is a production genius enough said :rambo:

jon connor
08-09-2005, 03:13 PM
nobody's mentioned that weird crazy scratching he does with his sets. Gave it that little extra edge. Never too much - just right!!!!!

luke is a master of the art they call crabbing , like ive said b4 luke is everything and the complete package of an underground artist the finished product.........a master thats it , so i rekon some of us on ere who know him should be bending his ear for techno releases when i see him im gunna do is head in hahahahahahahahah!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

jon connor
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM

bloody hell abyss where you come from hahahahahhaha how the bloody hell are ya :lol: funny how this post is attracting the north faithfull wikid :love: stand by ya man THE DJ PRODUCER aka LUKE MC MILLAN well after all this guy deserve`s every amount of respect that is due.......fair play to everyone backing him up here im sure he will be touched he1s deep kinda guy easy dudes ;)

FuK-NuT
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM

luke is a master of the art they call crabbing , like ive said b4 luke is everything and the complete package of an underground artist the finished product.........a master thats it , so i rekon some of us on ere who know him should be bending his ear for techno releases when i see him im gunna do is head in hahahahahahahahah!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

steady on mate....as much as i respect the man Luke, me thinks u need
to find out wot crabbing actually is, if your refering to the scratch then im sorry, out of all the sets ive heard from the producer ive never
heard him crab b4...infact i doubt ive heard hellfish do it either...

:?:

FuK-NuT
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM

to find out wot crabbing actually is, if your refering to the scratch then im sorry, out of all the sets ive heard from the producer ive never

FuK-NuT
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM

FuK-NuT
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
fuk me 3 times.....can a mod please delete??

Louk
08-09-2005, 04:18 PM

I know I am - cheers m8 :)

Louk

jon connor
08-09-2005, 05:57 PM

hmmmmmmm really well ive seen him do sum serious shit , ok sometimes you might not here him do this but let me tells ya he can do a lot . + yes he can crab + no im not an iberseal i do no wot crabbing is dude , its an art form and is difficult to pull off ,but this man can do it . easy now man ;)

jon connor
08-09-2005, 06:06 PM
any of the north boys in this post remember luke and tox back 2 back in 2002 doing a hip hop set on 4 decks :?: :?: :?: :?: @ the pallace (Rhyl)STEAM 2000 NIGHT :?: :?: there was some serious crabbing going down :rambo: aswell as other mental turntable action im telling ya. :lol:

jon connor
08-09-2005, 06:10 PM
fuk me 3 times.....can a mod please delete??

:lol: ive had this prob b4 dude......hahahahah madness :lol:

nick_anarchy
09-09-2005, 03:11 PM

o belive i will be sayin thsi to him when i see him next when ever that may be :neutral:

The Teknoist.
09-09-2005, 05:32 PM
One of my main influences not just musicaly but personaly. Over the years hes become a good mate and has given me hoards of advice on label running etc.

One of the most naturaly gifted artists/djs in the world in my opinion.

Rebel Scum 17 *ahem* plug plug

conflict
09-09-2005, 05:55 PM
One of my main influences not just musicaly but personaly. Over the years hes become a good mate and has given me hoards of advice on label running etc.

havent seen you in while mike

hope all is well

nick_anarchy
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM

spot on

Mindful
10-09-2005, 04:58 AM
any of the north boys in this post remember luke and tox back 2 back in 2002 doing a hip hop set on 4 decks :?: :?: :?: :?: @ the pallace (Rhyl)STEAM 2000 NIGHT :?: :?: there was some serious crabbing going down :rambo: aswell as other mental turntable action im telling ya. :lol:

I didnt go to that night but .........Steam in Rhyl :love:

Mindful
10-09-2005, 05:01 AM
im suprised he doesnt come on here(maybe he does)

MARKEG
10-09-2005, 07:40 AM
if anyone's got luke's recent email i'd love a pm ;)

The Teknoist.
10-09-2005, 09:45 AM
snorted

nick_anarchy
10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
mike after what u told me last nite mate woo .. cant wait for it :clap:

The Teknoist.
10-09-2005, 03:23 PM
its not 100% all confirmed yet but thats the plan.

jon connor
10-09-2005, 03:54 PM
to the bat mobile summit is going down :?: :?: :?: :?: :love:

jon connor
10-09-2005, 03:57 PM
its not 100% all confirmed yet but thats the plan.

:lol: the adventures continues :lol: hahahaha easy mike bell me l8tr ;)

thedjproducer
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
well,well,well........

what can i say!!....i didnt know you guys cared so much.im touched.really.

some facts to clarify some things just to calm the rumour monkeys down

FACT--studio is 100% digital..fat p.c. LEGAL copies of cubas sx 3 and reason 3...only analogs still used --- roland TR-909,ROLAND TR-606,novation DRUMSATION and korg electribe es-1 sampler---all end up resampled into digital anyway so it all ends up bit-f$$ked anyway.

FACT--i STOPPED using fruity when reason came out---only use now when im too stoned to use cubase!?!?

FACT--another 8 tracks were written for north technology, 2 seperate e.p.s were planned for 2001 but never came out......dont ask me why..

i have just finished remixing for chosen few from holland and that will soon come out on mokum.also 2 tracks exclusivly written for manu le malins "biomechanik 3" which will be released on vinyl mid october and the majority of tracks that appeared on my "doomsday mechaniks" cd lp will be released on 3 seperate 12""s over october/november.december.
.....and me and deathmachine have just done rebelscum 15 "dubplate tectonics"---and thats out next week via underground music.

to let all the purists know,ribbzy in conjunction with helter skelters "technodrome" are putting a pure techno night on in bristol at lakota called "planet" on friday 14th october...

mark e will be there,trevor rockcliff from london will be our headliner and i will be spinning a mixture of 94--present day purist techno bangers--
so it would be really nice to see all ya'll there--we are sure this is gonna be a special night and the music is gonna be PROPER TECH all night long

so there is your excuse to come and shock out and see me doing a "roots manouver"

big love goes out to all those who care.................what is techno???

DJ Asylum
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
:clap: :clap: Big up the Producer! ;)

G-whizz
12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
nice to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak :clap:

jon connor
12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
well,well,well........

FACT--studio is 100% digital..fat p.c. LEGAL copies of cubas sx 3 and reason 3...only analogs still used --- roland TR-909,ROLAND TR-606,novation DRUMSATION and korg electribe es-1 sampler---all end up resampled into digital anyway so it all ends up bit-f$$ked anyway.

FACT--i STOPPED using fruity when reason came out---only use now when im too stoned to use cubase!?!?

FACT--another 8 tracks were written for north technology, 2 seperate e.p.s were planned for 2001 but never came out......dont ask me why..

i have just finished remixing for chosen few from holland and that will soon come out on mokum.also 2 tracks exclusivly written for manu le malins "biomechanik 3" which will be released on vinyl mid october and the majority of tracks that appeared on my "doomsday mechaniks" cd lp will be released on 3 seperate 12""s over october/november.december.
.....and me and deathmachine have just done rebelscum 15 "dubplate tectonics"---and thats out next week via underground music.

to let all the purists know,ribbzy in conjunction with helter skelters "technodrome" are putting a pure techno night on in bristol at lakota called "planet" on friday 14th october...

mark e will be there,trevor rockcliff from london will be our headliner and i will be spinning a mixture of 94--present day purist techno bangers--
so it would be really nice to see all ya'll there--we are sure this is gonna be a special night and the music is gonna be PROPER TECH all night long

so there is your excuse to come and shock out and see me doing a "roots manouver"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hold it down for the producer hahahahahahahah easy luke nice to see ya here man :rambo: wikid! get ya bloody ass in that studio an make us some nukes dude , :love:

nick_anarchy
12-09-2005, 03:57 PM
well,well,well........

fair play and spot on luke 14th oct twat im booked in liverpool that nite

Sunil
12-09-2005, 05:31 PM

You need to let the world hear these! :rambo:

IND JAY
12-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Ive actually got the only copy of Luke and Simon Underground playing a back to back hip-hop set back in 99 at Rebellion in the Void.

Also from the same night...
M Zone..
Cally and Juice
Julian Liberator
Dare and Tox

these never got released and one day i`ll put them online for all to share.

DJ Asylum
13-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Ive actually got the only copy of Luke and Simon Underground playing a back to back hip-hop set back in 99 at Rebellion in the Void.

M Zone..
Cally and Juice
Julian Liberator
Dare and Tox

:shock: :love: Hope its one day soon ;)

jon connor
13-09-2005, 09:59 AM

M Zone..
Cally and Juice
Julian Liberator
Dare and Tox

lovely :love:

The Divide
13-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Luke Mcmillan pretty much got me into hardcore techno and then techno and Im sure hes done the same for many others. Thats how talented he is :clap:

nick_anarchy
13-09-2005, 02:11 PM

M Zone..
Cally and Juice
Julian Liberator
Dare and Tox

the (c)hip (s)hop set iv got that flyer somewhere

IND JAY
13-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah nick thats the one. I got the mini discs off Jude who was one of the promoters ex wife (Liam) the other one being Matt Rage.

nick_anarchy
13-09-2005, 03:21 PM
i aint spoke to matt for a good while .. any chave u can do us acopie of the set of luke and simon :cool:

marginmaster
13-09-2005, 03:30 PM
the producer and tanith from universe was the first hard techno i heard.

that tape changed my life!

thanks!! :love:

DJAbyss
14-09-2005, 09:36 AM
i always remember being on our way somewhere me and all the crew and we always used to be saying and thinking what is gonna play tonight , he always had something fresh to play off of his mini disk player EVERTIME and then all the way home we used to be like ****ing hell was that a good set or what ..

Tobeee
21-09-2005, 05:37 PM
i have heard producer playing Harcore at Mangacore io Straßbourg, he really knows to set the party to boiling point :clap:

i hope i will get the chance to hear him again soon ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==