PDA

View Full Version : ZOID / FAT COLLECTIVE / THIS MOTHER

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 12:57 PM
yo yo yo, well for a change i stayed in saturday night, got myself a few beers, stocked up on fags and sat in the studio for a few hours....and this is what i came up with. its clubby and got a kinda hypnotic groove in there, im pretty pleased with this although i will probably add a few bits here and there....not to sure about the levels, was fairly pissed by the time i recorded it :doh:

anyway see what you lot think...

www.fatcollective.com/audio/zoid/THIS_MOTHER.mp3

Mindful
04-09-2005, 01:26 PM
I like the kick mate,sounds like its got a delay on it or somthing.
Stile wise sounds like your usual stuff very danceble and would work in one of your sets no doubt.
production wise sound allright to me alltho it sounds to me as if theres somthing missing in the mids or more like space to fit somthing rather than missing.
Mixdown sound good to me too.

Other than that quite a good track.

Mindful
04-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Maybe Im just expecting an acid line in that space or somthing :eh:

I think its more like some sort of rolling tom thang,I dont know ive got a sore head :doh: :lol:

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 01:35 PM
cheers mate, yeah theres definately room for something else...but i'll leave it for a few days then get back to it with fresh ears ;)

stjohn
04-09-2005, 04:32 PM
cool shit, full on bangin!!!

i can hear a subbass a bit too loud.... on every 2nd off beat i think. its kinda overpowering the kick. id say if you pushed back a bit EQ wise, then it would sit in a bit more.

all in all its a great setup for a nice track... some mid synths would top it all off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

stjohn
04-09-2005, 04:33 PM
and theres some mid synths there :doh:

:lol:

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 06:59 PM
ha ha.. cheers man ;)

fatcollective
06-09-2005, 08:10 PM
cool shit, full on bangin!!!

i can hear a subbass a bit too loud.... on every 2nd off beat i think. its kinda overpowering the kick

i have sorted this out now, i had another kick over the one i already had in there, fvck knows how it happened, i think i started playing with 2 kicks and didnt delete the one i didnt like...anyway i've sorted it now and will re-post once i can be arsed re-recording it ;)

rhythmlogistics
06-09-2005, 08:39 PM
soundin deep !

well like the drill- esque noise in there would sound well soarin on a rig

lookin forward to hearin the finished piece!

fatcollective
06-09-2005, 09:18 PM
soundin deep !

well like the drill- esque noise in there would sound well soarin on a rig

lookin forward to hearin the finished piece!

cheers alex, yeah this tune is getting there, i DO need to add a bit now i have heard it a few times, must say it sounded wikd when i was pissed though :doh:

ha ha cheers!

Elvio Neto
07-09-2005, 03:41 PM
nice track man!

DeRael
08-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Good stuff man, really enjoyed it...
I agree, thats a lovely kick, & nice seperation & f distrobution. As mentioned above...

fatcollective
08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
cheers man....

to be honest i've been a lazy cvnt and havent touched this since i made it but i will get in there and add a bit more.............after the weekend :shock:

BRADLEE
08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah man it sounds good to me. I like the style of techno that you make as well. I guess you could always fit something else in there too, but sounds proper to me as is.....personally I don't know where else I would go with it other than some scary atmospheres lurking in the background...

All in all fecking wikked tune though amigo. :twisted:

fatcollective
08-09-2005, 11:49 PM
ha ha some scary atmospheres souind cool...cheers mate ;)

orac
11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
goooood, breakdown is cool with this noisy sound in it, but after that i thought it will hit harder after the breakdown, but i really enjoyed this track ! :)

fatcollective
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
cheers...well i will say that i have taken advice from these reviews and i am gonna get in the studio this afternoon and add a some scary atmospheres and also beef it up a little more after the break!

thanks guys, ill repost soon.

278d7e64a374de26f==