PDA

View Full Version : dave the drummer@bastardoelectro sir henryes ,cork,ireland

zap
05-07-2003, 10:52 PM
just droppin a line to say that dave is playing in cork ireland next week in sir henrys saturday night get your asses down to this its gonna be huge

MARKEG
06-07-2003, 06:23 AM
this sounds like a blast!

tell these guys to contact me - i'd love to play there!

last time i was in ireland was ages ago :(

zap
06-07-2003, 08:39 PM
will tell them that your intrested in playin when i see them next saturday

Sunil
08-07-2003, 04:25 AM

I meant to ask you this before, where did you last play in Ireland?

I'm doing this night in a few weeks but I'll try to apply a bit of pressure to Jamie in the meantime, the venue (Sir Henry's) is soon to close so he may be short on spare dates, either way though I know he'd be into getting you over...

Patrick
08-07-2003, 10:10 AM
the venue (Sir Henry's) is soon to close

:shock:

No ! What for good, or for a refurb or something ? If it's for good it'll be a real shame.

Sunil
10-07-2003, 03:30 AM
the venue (Sir Henry's) is soon to close

:shock:

No ! What for good, or for a refurb or something ? If it's for good it'll be a real shame.

For good afaik, not sure of the definite date but the talk is that it's gonna be turned into a car park!

Patrick
10-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Well, that's gutting then. Another car park, just what the world needs :roll: .

I remember a few years ago Laurent Garnier reckoned Sir Henry's was his favourite club. And by way of explanation alls he said was "you just have to go there".

I remember playing in the back room once a few years back. I don't think there's any other club in the world where I'll ever be told at the start of a set to keep an eye on the drummers and to take the volume down when they come in on the track. I was thinking "What the f****?", and sure enough I looked up and there was about 15 of them on the rasied platform at one side with all sorts of drums, including a full kit, and percussion instruments. And sure enough, 15 minutes in they all came in on beat, and not your standard "I've just bought a jim-jim at Glasto" bongo drongo fayre neither. Some nice, proper rhythms. And then after a few minutes one of them gave me the nod and I had to mix my next track back into their live drumming. Different to say the least. But more improtantly, fun. And feckin loads of it.

zap
13-07-2003, 01:51 PM
wow what a ****ing night im off to bed now

BastardoElectrico
16-07-2003, 03:42 PM

Hi Mark,

Jamie Behan here im the promoter of Bastardo Electrico in Cork we had Dave the Drummer over last saturday.he rocked it big time!send me a mail would love to have you over to play.
my email is technobatman@yahoo.co.uk
look forward to hearing from ya

278d7e64a374de26f==