PDA

View Full Version : message from dirty bass to all

xfive
05-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Hello folks.
I`ve decided to take a sabatical from these forums now.
Various things have happened culminating in the madness of the other day.
I`ve realised that my philosphy and path in music is to push forward and try to develop artistically, and also to try to inspire people to do the same.
This place doesn`t seem to be the right place for these kind of discussions. The majority here seem happy with the way things are and are content to make or listen to the music as it stands, and aren`t really concerned with the progression of it, or change. I have no problem with this at all, but I don`t want to waste my time, or anyone elses here, by discussing or trying to push forward these ideals.
I`ve been in the music industry, doing various things (I`ve not always done techno you know) for 13 years, and I`ve always tried to move forward, to develop, to not stand still or look back.
So I`m really not too sure if I should be coming back here to be shot at for being "pretentious" or overly intellectual, or for generally upsetting people for upsetting the status quo, when it isn`t really my intent (well, not entirely)
I didn`t really want to make any kind of public bowing out, that seems to happen every so often here, but I still want to help out with certian things, so I needed to say this.

The thing I enjoy the most is helping people with their productions, and although I can be very blunt in my critique, it`s done honestly generally purely from a production perspective, and I always offer help and solutions to back up my production critisism.
I never intend to be malicious with my comments, but if I hear something that needs work and improvement from a production perspective, then I will voice that opinion.
Hey, someone has to right?
All your mates will do is say "yeah, that sounds great" which is good for stroking your ego, but won`t help you develop your sound into a more professional piece.
And these days, with so much competition, and everyone making tunes on their PC`s, I think to be as good as possible is needed to separate you from the masses of anonymous run of the mill stuff.

I am still willing to offer production advice to anyone who will need it, and also my offer of open submissions to both of my labels still stands.
If you have anything you would like me to listen to, and give production advice on, or just want me to listen to something, or submit something for one of my labels, please email me through the
http://www.londontechno.co.uk site
and I would be more than willing to help.
I used to listen to everything posted, and make comment respectively, but my position as a mod slowly took away my enthusiasm for this (being a mod is a loveless and difficult task, believe me).

So good luck to all of you with your productions, those that have my messenger address, please hit me up if you see me, I may or may not be back here in the future, mark has asked me to get involved with a new BOA project, which I may do, but I doubt if I can continue participating in these forums.

Those of you I have seen develop, I hope you continue to do so, you are quite literally, part of the future of where techno music will go, and I hope you continue to go forward and develop yourself as music artists.

Big Love.

Steve.

Aratron
05-09-2005, 10:20 PM
seeyou in a few weeks/months when you've got over yourself !
chill out dude . don't take it all so seriously !

robin m
05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
:neutral: That's a real shame but I can understand it.

It's a blow to this forum though, someone prepared to give thorough feedback and not be afraid to tell you your track doesn't cut it is hard enough to find, let alone from someone who's music is out there and showing everyone how it's done.

Just make sure you still keep making the tunes ;)

Mindful
05-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Aw man this shit sucks fukking big time,Im pissed about this.
I feel all the shit that has gone Steves way recentley is not the thoughts and feelings of all on here deffo not me.
Im not up Steves arse no way am I but I am one on here who feels his music and connects with his ideas so this pisses me off that somthing like this is going down.
Personaly myself I share alot of the veiws he expresses on here but I am the sort of peson who is happy to keep them to myself as long as somone else is expressing them in a way.
Im starting to feel like its a bad thing that I am intreasted in the future of techno and being a "chinstroker" or a "trainspotter"as most class somone who likes to be deep in to there music(not all)

But anyway I feel like I have lost one of the people who inspires me musicley and is a great asset to our community.

Thats me ;)

eyes without a face
05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
totally understand it, ive just had another round "who do you think you are" with someone who doesnt like the way i crit too, which is why i'd decided also to just not comment on stuff now, some people really just do not want to seperate their own personal taste from actual production values.... il still be checking stuff too tho there is some awesome stuff on here

The Overfiend
05-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Like Comparing a Chainsaw to a butterknife.

Mindful
05-09-2005, 11:33 PM
totally understand it, ive just had another round "who do you think you are" with someone who doesnt like the way i crit too, which is why i'd decided also to just not comment on stuff now, some people really just do not want to seperate their own personal taste from actual production values.... il still be checking stuff too tho there is some awesome stuff on here

Ill miss this man too

Mindful
05-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Scott is a dude who also tells the truth I feel and gets a hard time for it.

Evil G
06-09-2005, 12:39 AM
i'm choked.

MITA
06-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Bye Steve man.
I must say that i have learned some things from u,and your music during your participation on this board regarding production. :clap:

And i cannot see a good reason for u to leave from here.
so i xpect u will be under some other nick,or perhaps be back soon mate.

Regardless of what the sounds,and other peoples views on music are,i think that only together we can much easyer learn and progress.

It;s easy to give up on something..in this case boa tech prod. forum.
But i respect your opinion.

Hope we can see here some true dirty critics soon again.

best regards from Belgrade

MITA :cool:

AcidTrash
06-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Mr Bass, We all acknowledge you make some very nice music and you do know what you're talking about. It's never given you the right to push your perception of how music should be on to others though.

You've never appeared to respect the fact that other people have different ambitions to you and that not everyone has been doing it as long as you. The impression I get from you is that you're very talented but desparate for people to acknowledge your superiority by your continued domination of the boards in both presence and frequency and some of us find it really tiresome.

Even your statement above comes over as arrogance in the extreme. I know this because I am a crowned master of arrogance and I know it when I see it.

You are not the god father of all things techno and certainly no-body on here is. Chill out, get over yourself, do things your way but oo not expect everyone to follow suit because you say so. Your ideal of production is just one preference among many.

If you're condecending with your good advice, many people will chose to look the other way. That's why you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall.

Try telling people what is RIGHT about their stufff now and then and not just what's wrong. You have to encourage as well as offer guidance otherwise you take all the joy out of it.

Try listening to music from the producers perspective and not your own.

If everybody thought like you in terms of music the Sex Pistols would have never gotton out of the studio because the producers wouldn't let them.

dan the acid man
06-09-2005, 06:53 PM
well this place wont be the same without you.

ive always loved checking out your latest offerings in here.

I follow your beliefs in telling people the truth about their porductions, even if i dont like the certain style of a track, we all know when the production sounds good or not.
your advice to peoples productions is worth masses.
yes production isnt everything, but you also offer good advice on compositon too.

hope to see you back here soon

MARKEG
07-09-2005, 02:15 AM
awww come on acid trash. no need for that.

steve, you've made such an invaluable and MASSIVE contribution to this forum.

you know guys, forums are crazy places. especially ones with as many members as ours. you're bound to have people with different conflicts and issues. the problem you all have to see here, is if you're a mod, you can't really have an massively different opinion without alot of ppl challenging you. well you can, but you've got to be subtle with it. steve was always 100% straight and too the point with his opinion and although not alot of you liked it, you have to respect someone who did this without fail even though he new how quite alot of you would react.

my hat goes off to you steve, i'd love to keep you involved here. i'm sure so many of our members would. but your choice is yours man. i'l speak to you further on msn anyway.

hats off man

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tocsin
07-09-2005, 02:58 AM
At the same time, Mark, sometimes people just need to own up to being a dick, rather than being so dedicated to progress. It makes a speech from someone supposedly abandoning a place just a bit hard to swallow. I've been accused, from numerous people, of being the type of person that Dirty Bass describes. And from about 1996, with a couple exceptions, I've been almost strictly digital. Kinda makes the perspective of "progress" a bit ironic, no?

BloodStar
07-09-2005, 02:48 PM
:cry: 1st post i read today, and im not happy from it. i hope that all your things will run smoothly and you will go back to the family very soon :clap: :clap: :clap: all the best, man!

The Overfiend
07-09-2005, 07:59 PM
I look forward to travelling with Steve in the east.
He is a muse in all senses of the word.
It is shameful he will not be around anymore.
His vision is beautiful and I hope more people open their eyes to the light
he was trying to provide.

acidsaturation
07-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Agree totally. I've always found Steve's criticisms constructive, whether they've been what I've wanted to hear or not. I have total respect for being told things how they are.

Mindful
07-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Agree totally. I've always found Steve's criticisms constructive, whether they've been what I've wanted to hear or not. I have total respect for being told things how they are.

Nail on head,Its all about taking the critisism on board and using its onley an attack on you and your music if your ego lets it or if comments ring true.

Just my opinien of course ,not fact

StoQ
08-09-2005, 09:33 PM
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Dirty Bass. everyone is different and its wrong point to find offence in his posts. He has done big influence to this forum. i think criticism is more than needed in producers society. it moves forward ur tracks.

Aratron
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
pity he's spat his dummy out

dan the acid man
09-09-2005, 08:58 PM

dont think thats the case, hes just had enough for the time being, and you cant blame him for that

Mindful
10-09-2005, 03:02 AM

Nah mate,I dont think this is like that .Its more of a fed up need a break type thing I think and we would all wonder what was up if he didnt let us know that he was chilling for a bit ;)

eyeswithoutaface
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
spat the dummy indeed, no wonder people are dropping out of here like flies

really :roll:

Aratron
10-09-2005, 11:23 AM
ok then maybe i am out of order for saying that. and if thats the case i will accept being banned from the forum.
but it does seem a very over-dramatic way of acting. i like dirty bass and the metropolis forum is not the same without him thats for sure. if he can be forthwright in his opinions , then surely he must accept criticism about himself to.
or is it ok to be hypocritical.
i dont think people are dropping out like flies , if anything i think people are sick of the usual sychophantic arse-licking that happens on this site.

eyeswithoutaface
10-09-2005, 11:34 AM
why would you get banned?

its not about steve not being able to accept criticism, he left the board because he feels people dont want to accept his advice re production and other things, and he's right. Some people on here just cant seperate their own personal goals and thoughts from factual production advice, which is a shame. Steve closed his account then realised he couldnt say goodbye to a few people so got a friend to post it up, nothing wrong with that

people are sick of the arse licking yes, hence people leaving the board. Steve's gone, im only posting on certain tracks because i know if i post on certain threads il get shot down and accused of all sorts so its really not worth the hassle. Not that it means much to people on here but still, ive been here from the start and its no longer the place it was, especially this forum.

hopefully the new site will solve some of these issues

Aratron
10-09-2005, 11:42 AM
why would you get banned?

its not about steve not being able to accept criticism, he left the board because he feels people dont want to accept his advice re production and other things, and he's right. Some people on here just cant seperate their own personal goals and thoughts from factual production advice, which is a shame. Steve closed his account then realised he couldnt say goodbye to a few people so got a friend to post it up, nothing wrong with that

people are sick of the arse licking yes, hence people leaving the board. Steve's gone, im only posting on certain tracks because i know if i post on certain threads il get shot down and accused of all sorts so its really not worth the hassle. Not that it means much to people on here but still, ive been here from the start and its no longer the place it was, especially this forum.

hopefully the new site will solve some of these issues

so what was your user name before?
i think dirty bass will return.
and i dont think anyone has actually left at all.
drama = interest
more people are engaging with this webstie all the time and MARK EG knows that.
i have a lot of respect for Mark and the other moderators on the forum because im addicted to using this place i think its great, and i would miss it if it was gone.
i think if anyhting maybe what has happened , has mysteriously coinincided with the lauch of the new website, what a brilliany way of piqueing peoples interest through all this melodrama.
i feel pretty confident Dirty Bass will return, its a bit of a microcosm of society in genral this place, people get fed up , leave , and return.

eyeswithoutaface
10-09-2005, 11:50 AM
my username was eyeswithoutaface still, something happened with my account tho couldnt log in so Mark created this, the same minus spaces in my username i think.. anyway....

people have left man, some seriously knowledgable people have been and departed these boards, you only joined this year, which is cool im not slagging that or anything, but this place used to be WAYYY different mate, Dj Ze Migl offering advice to everyone, people actually taking things on board and improving no end, ive seen some people turn into shit hot producers on here, but now its different thats all im saying, i can see this because ive been on here for 3 years now and it has definately changed, there's just no denying that.

Judging from the talks ive been having with Steve he wont be coming back unless something changes, unless people learn to accept critique and this board goes back to how it was, his username no longer exists and the waiting list to rejoin is months and months long apparently, i know steve wont wait round to jump back into the old cycle

im not saying people arent becoming interested in the site and forums as a whole, i notice new people joining everyday, but each forum has its core users and there arent that many new people posting in this particular forum, and only a certain few who can differentiate between solid, honest, truthful critique and slagging

Steve's even offered to check peoples tracks if they want, you only have to email him, cant say fairer than that if someone wants an honest and mutual ear to check your work

Tyrisia
10-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I think this is a bloody shame, he's never been more than honest and encouraging with my productions, and he's always been the same to everyone else as far as i'm aware. And his advice works too.

The Divide
10-09-2005, 04:51 PM
As much as I ike Stevo I cant say I really see the point in leaving for a break on such a dramatic and slightly condescending note over differences in opinion. At the end of the day, thats all they are

dan the acid man
11-09-2005, 12:20 AM
As much as I ike Stevo I cant say I really see the point in leaving for a break on such a dramatic and slightly condescending note over differences in opinion. At the end of the day, thats all they are

i suppose when hes that passionate about his beliefs, its hard for him to distance himself from them

The Divide
11-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Passionate or having a diva style breakdown one things for sure, he will be missed :lol:

http://www.igormeyer.com/nss-folder/pictures/Diva%207%20lite.jpg

Aratron
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hows the ugly bird? looks like a bloke in drag

Aratron
18-09-2005, 04:14 PM
ok times up dirty bass.
come back from your sabbatical. this place needs your Napoleonic vision.

Adverse
18-09-2005, 07:10 PM
you'll be waiting for long time...

Aratron
18-09-2005, 11:24 PM
i dont think so . i bet you hes back before christmas

Elvio Neto
24-09-2005, 11:57 AM
im new here and i allways feel dirty bass comments very good, he knows what he says and produces very good stuff,and dont see a reason for this drastic move.

come back man, i think you make us see you point of view

this forum need you.

RDR
24-09-2005, 05:08 PM
I've had my differences with steve in the past...

Nothing like a bit or rough and tumble from time to time.. ;)

Best wishes steve - maybe you can get some more time to create - i know thats what id be doing if i didnt spend so much time in the general forum, wasting my life... :roll: :lol:

Respect and peace out. word.

chris.

dan the acid man
26-09-2005, 10:06 PM
dodgy, you just love to strip down to your pants and have a bit of a wrestle dont you :shock:

easy!!!! easy!!!!!!!! easy!!!!!! easy!!!!!!!!! easy!!!!!!!!

SlavikSvensk
26-09-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah steve was pretentious at times, but he would also be the first to admit that. i miss having him around, frankly. he's an intelligent dude with a lot to say...hopefully he comes back...

eyeswithoutaface
26-09-2005, 10:31 PM
what's the saying "you dont know what you've got till its gone?" :lol:

there's no one giving in depth feedback on tracks now as it seems that's not what people want to hear in this section anymore with certain people getting offended

Steve maybe back in the reincarnation of Blackout that is the new site but believe me when i say he wont be back on here, his account is deleted anyways

Mindful
26-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Thats it man hes a good guy to have a decent chat with and he talks his vision well

Mindful
26-09-2005, 10:41 PM
I realy dont think it is the same around here without him

SlavikSvensk
26-09-2005, 11:01 PM
there's no one giving in depth feedback on tracks now as it seems that's not what people want to hear in this section anymore with certain people getting offended

i really don't know what the issue was before, since i was gone when the s*** apparently went down, but there seem to me to have been two issues:

a) criticism and the ego. if you post your stuff, be ready for people to dislike it. there were some inflated yet fragile egos on here, who may have flipped at the very thought that they were not considered the equal of INSERT YOUR FAVORITE FAMOUS PRODUCER. those people need to come back down to earth and grow a thicker skin.

b) tact. i like and always have liked steve, and value his opinion highly. that said, i do feel that he is frequently tactless in his responses...just read the singularity post to see what i mean. people critiquing other people's music should be aware that everyone needs encouragement and will likely be stung or hurt by gratuitous s***-piling in a public forum.

so, i suggest, when people critique, be honest...tell people what works and what doesn't, what they can build on and what, frankly, they can't. all producers have serious CRAP in their proverbial closets, and no one on here is in a position where they can't improve. so throw the reviewed a bone and mix a little positive encouragement in with the hardcore criticism...

when people are critiqued, be prepared for the fact that the track you've been working on for a month might, to other people, not sound nearly as good as it does to you. be ready for honest opinions and remember that no one is out to get you, just help you make better productions.

my 2 cents...

SlavikSvensk
26-09-2005, 11:01 PM

i really don't know what the issue was before, since i was gone when the s*** apparently went down, but there seem to me to have been two issues:

a) criticism and the ego. if you post your stuff, be ready for people to dislike it. there were some inflated yet fragile egos on here, who may have flipped at the very thought that they were not considered the equal of INSERT YOUR FAVORITE FAMOUS PRODUCER. those people need to come back down to earth and grow a thicker skin.

b) tact. i like and always have liked steve, and value his opinion highly. that said, i do feel that he is frequently tactless in his responses...just read the singularity post to see what i mean. people critiquing other people's music should be aware that everyone needs encouragement and will likely be stung or hurt by gratuitous s***-piling in a public forum.

so, i suggest, when people critique, be honest...tell people what works and what doesn't, what they can build on and what, frankly, they can't. all producers have serious CRAP in their proverbial closets, and no one on here is in a position where they can't improve. so throw the reviewed a bone and mix a little positive encouragement in with the hardcore criticism...

when people are critiqued, be prepared for the fact that the track you've been working on for a month might, to other people, not sound nearly as good as it does to you. be ready for honest opinions and remember that no one is out to get you, just help you make better productions.

my 2 cents...

Scott Kemix
28-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Mr Bass, We all acknowledge you make some very nice music and you do know what you're talking about. It's never given you the right to push your perception of how music should be on to others though.

You've never appeared to respect the fact that other people have different ambitions to you and that not everyone has been doing it as long as you. The impression I get from you is that you're very talented but desparate for people to acknowledge your superiority by your continued domination of the boards in both presence and frequency and some of us find it really tiresome.

Even your statement above comes over as arrogance in the extreme. I know this because I am a crowned master of arrogance and I know it when I see it.

You are not the god father of all things techno and certainly no-body on here is. Chill out, get over yourself, do things your way but oo not expect everyone to follow suit because you say so. Your ideal of production is just one preference among many.

If you're condecending with your good advice, many people will chose to look the other way. That's why you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall.

Try telling people what is RIGHT about their stufff now and then and not just what's wrong. You have to encourage as well as offer guidance otherwise you take all the joy out of it.

Try listening to music from the producers perspective and not your own.

If everybody thought like you in terms of music the Sex Pistols would have never gotton out of the studio because the producers wouldn't let them.

word pete, could not have worded things better at all. All feedback and critisism is taken on board on this forum, but when it is nothing but negative then you start to wonder........nobody on here should dictate how techno should sound as everybodys perspective is totally different, and should always stay this way, unless we want all of our productions to end up sounding similar. I think blackout is a great place for people to network, but i think the production thing should be left alone. If you have faith in your music, release it, this is where the real truth lies

RDR
28-09-2005, 12:55 PM
dodgy, you just love to strip down to your pants and have a bit of a wrestle dont you :shock:

easy!!!! easy!!!!!!!! easy!!!!!! easy!!!!!!!!! easy!!!!!!!!

I will NOT take it easy ya sheffield ponce, now come over 'ere and give ya daddy a hug!

basslinejunkie
28-09-2005, 04:43 PM
shame.youl have to keep us all posted on your new material/realese's db,and also if you plan to release your voidloss projects in particular.

all the best! :cool:

xfive
28-09-2005, 04:45 PM
shame.youl have to keep us all posted on your new material/realese's db,and also if you plan to release your voidloss projects in particular.

New DB release is in the promo section, and be looking for the first Singularity release VERY soon :cool:

Aratron
28-09-2005, 09:27 PM
how come all the dirty bass releases i have heard neither sound particularly dark, experimental or interesting?
i was expecting something a bit different, instead i listened to the same old shite

eyeswithoutaface
28-09-2005, 09:42 PM
hmm, probably no need to get personal and call his stuff shite, especially seeing how you know he cant come on to defend himself, its cool if you dont like his stuff but thats quite uneeded and could be ultimately worded alot better :roll:

audioinjection
28-09-2005, 09:57 PM

New DB release is in the promo section, and be looking for the first Singularity release VERY soon :cool:

get em in the shops u skeeza!

xfive
28-09-2005, 10:16 PM
how come all the dirty bass releases i have heard neither sound particularly dark, experimental or interesting?
i was expecting something a bit different, instead i listened to the same old shite

I don't know why don't you ask him?
Oh wait you like to talk about people behind their backs..

Well I've taken the extra step for you and sent your message to Steve. Here's his reply:

"Dirty Bass Records serves it`s purpose, it`s mission was to have commercial techno on one side, and hard techno on the other, with the idea of introducing the harder sound to people who may not play it. It worked, as the label has been played regularly by the big players in both techno, trance, prog, and house.
Any dink that judges someones sound and pidgeon holes them based on a few releases is a mindless turd.
The Voidloss stuff is an outlet for a darker sound, but seeing as most people on the forum don`t even check the production files pages, they miss the more diverse sounds of many artists"

There you have it.

xfive
28-09-2005, 10:19 PM
And a supplement:

"well, there is the point also, that the label has served it`s purpose for me. It has given me a platform to work from, many gigs that I have thoroughly enjoyed, and that I hope many others have too, and now the label will serve as a vehicle for new talent, as I want to put something back, rather than just talk shite behind a screen"

audioinjection
28-09-2005, 10:41 PM
haha there you go, only steve would say that :lol:

robin m
28-09-2005, 11:31 PM
I think blackout is a great place for people to network, but i think the production thing should be left alone. If you have faith in your music, release it, this is where the real truth lies

I dunno about that... I think there's a lot of people who post tunes for the same reason I do - they don't have faith in them cos they're not good enough to release! The point of a production forum is so we can get other people to give our tunes a listen, and through feedback help us make better tunes that maybe we can have faith in. Someone like dirtybass who clearly knows how to make tunes worthy of releasing giving us feedback is a good thing from my point of view - fair play to the bloke for bothering to listen and write something, even if it was sometimes a bit unsympathetically worded.

Shame he's gone, like I said. :neutral:

Scott Kemix
28-09-2005, 11:37 PM
I think blackout is a great place for people to network, but i think the production thing should be left alone. If you have faith in your music, release it, this is where the real truth lies

I dunno about that... I think there's a lot of people who post tunes for the same reason I do - they don't have faith in them cos they're not good enough to release! The point of a production forum is so we can get other people to give our tunes a listen, and through feedback help us make better tunes that maybe we can have faith in. Someone like dirtybass who clearly knows how to make tunes worthy of releasing giving us feedback is a good thing from my point of view - fair play to the bloke for bothering to listen and write something, even if it was sometimes a bit unsympathetically worded.

:cry:

Shame he's gone, like I said. :neutral:

robin m
28-09-2005, 11:47 PM
:eh:

xfive
28-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Color me confused.

Aratron
29-09-2005, 09:16 PM

Well I've taken the extra step for you and sent your message to Steve. Here's his reply:

"Dirty Bass Records serves it`s purpose, it`s mission was to have commercial techno on one side, and hard techno on the other, with the idea of introducing the harder sound to people who may not play it. It worked, as the label has been played regularly by the big players in both techno, trance, prog, and house.
Any dink that judges someones sound and pidgeon holes them based on a few releases is a mindless turd.
The Voidloss stuff is an outlet for a darker sound, but seeing as most people on the forum don`t even check the production files pages, they miss the more diverse sounds of many artists"

There you have it.

i will listen to the voidless stuff.
yep i am a mindless turd.
but it was nice to hear steve's response from beyond the threshold.
why didnt he just log on and say it himself .

Scott Kemix
29-09-2005, 11:15 PM

There you have it.

i will listen to the voidless stuff.
yep i am a mindless turd.
but it was nice to hear steve's response from beyond the threshold.
why didnt he just log on and say it himself .

in effect he is really still here, just cant be arsed to post himself

eyeswithoutaface
29-09-2005, 11:54 PM
do you guys read the posts on here? i posted back on page 3 that Steve's account has been DELETED. he physically cant post on here, and even if he reregistered he'd just be at the back of a long que of people awaiting approval, hence Xfive posting his reply

The Overfiend
30-09-2005, 12:34 AM

You know how bad I WANT to respond to this.

Aratron
30-09-2005, 06:36 PM
respond to it then.
im man enough to accept your views

The Overfiend
30-09-2005, 06:39 PM
YOU JUST DISSED MY RECORD.

Aratron
30-09-2005, 06:57 PM
YOU JUST DISSED MY RECORD.

i dissed your record?
how on earth do you know i was referring to your record.
im sorry you feel so insecure about your own material.
im sure mozart never worried about his critics.
if im talking crap why you getting so touchy about it. jesus, chill out dude.

Aratron
30-09-2005, 07:01 PM
i wont post anymore in this section, im not a producer or anything, so i shouldnt post really.

you can listen to the views of your sychophantic friends and nodding dogs.

a bit like the Caesar complex, hearing what you want to hear all the time, and never the contrary.

The Overfiend
30-09-2005, 07:18 PM
First off
I'm not Dirty Bass
Second Off
I have no "complex"
If that's your opinion then whatever, no food off my plate.
I am entitled to defend myself if someone thinks it is like the rest of the pack.
As far as your use of historical reference, you're not boggling anyone.
I am quite aware.
Caesar Complex would be trying to ban you for no reason.
Or snapping at you.
I did not insult you at all now did I.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Now I'm going to retire to my throne and have a caesar salad
Side of Humble Pie. ;)

dan the acid man
30-09-2005, 07:20 PM
i wont post anymore in this section, im not a producer or anything, so i shouldnt post really.

a bit like the Caesar complex, hearing what you want to hear all the time, and never the contrary.

you dont neede to be a producer to respond in this section, at the end of the day, music is made for everybody to listen to and enjoy.

if you listen to music on a regular basis, then you have grounds to comment if you so wish to do so.

i for one am always honest in my feedback, i may not like a particular style of techno im listening to, but you still know what sounds good, what the production is like, whether the song is structured right etc.

I can see steves argument in that techno should be about pushing boundaries and exploring new sounds etc, i admire anybody that does that.
but i love straight 4 to the floor, heads down, arse shaking, nothing new techno too, stuff you can just put on and enjoy for what it is.

What needs to happen in here, is stop with the personal insults, just give honest feedback about anything you have listened to, and if its your tracks that you have posted, decide if you want to take onboard any advice given, its your music, its your career, its all up to you at the end of the day.

Aratron
30-09-2005, 07:32 PM
First off
I'm not Dirty Bass
Second Off
I have no "complex"
If that's your opinion then whatever, no food off my plate.
I am entitled to defend myself if someone thinks it is like the rest of the pack.
As far as your use of historical reference, you're not boggling anyone.
I am quite aware.
Caesar Complex would be trying to ban you for no reason.
Or snapping at you.
I did not insult you at all now did I.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Now I'm going to retire to my throne and have a caesar salad
Side of Humble Pie. ;)

listen i am really sorry. i have a big mouth and i have spoken a lot of rubbish.
i have no intention of slagging off your production.
i simply listened to a bunch of dirty base releases, and as dirty bass, has spoken of liking dark tunes, i just thought they sounded similar to most techno i have listened to , not poor by any standards, nice techno, but nothing i would consider to be pushing the envelope.
but wtf do i know. please don't take antything i say or post too seriously.

SlavikSvensk
30-09-2005, 07:33 PM

no you should keep posting.

this thread sums up everything that was and apparently still is wrong with this forum.

a) everyone needs to have some tact when criticquing. say something nice or encouraging. the point is to help people get better. this does not happen when people gratuitously belittle other people's work. maybe aratron was too harsh.

b) HOWEVER. what is with the thin skins on here?! why do people have to get so freaked out by some criticism or someone's opinion? like aratron says, do people just want everyone to shake your hand and say something is great if they don't think it is or if it can be improved?

in this case, i don't see how aratron "dissed" your record, SoS. he did put down steve's label, but steve defended himself quite ably and aratron said that he'd give another listen and see if he was wrong. can't get better than that as a resolution to a debate, IMO.

if he had said he thought your record was crap, which he did not, then by all means, tell him why he's wrong. or someone else will. you're a good man, no doubt, and one of the people on this board i have high respect for, but i'm a bit baffled by what you wrote on here...

SlavikSvensk
30-09-2005, 07:35 PM
you dont neede to be a producer to respond in this section, at the end of the day, music is made for everybody to listen to and enjoy.

if you listen to music on a regular basis, then you have grounds to comment if you so wish to do so.

i for one am always honest in my feedback, i may not like a particular style of techno im listening to, but you still know what sounds good, what the production is like, whether the song is structured right etc.

I can see steves argument in that techno should be about pushing boundaries and exploring new sounds etc, i admire anybody that does that.
but i love straight 4 to the floor, heads down, arse shaking, nothing new techno too, stuff you can just put on and enjoy for what it is.

What needs to happen in here, is stop with the personal insults, just give honest feedback about anything you have listened to, and if its your tracks that you have posted, decide if you want to take onboard any advice given, its your music, its your career, its all up to you at the end of the day.

once again, dan, you are THE MAN!

BRADLEE
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
going to miss seeing you around here Steve. I'll hit you up in the future for sure homie.

Jay Pace
07-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Too much sourness in this thread. Just no need.

I liked Dirty, he gave some useful pointers on tracks and would always at least offer some useful criticism.
His own productions were tight, and I valued his opinion.

Better than some off the mindless drivel I got - complaints that a minimal track was minimal, and not peak time party techno etc...

Too many drama queens with thin skin and big ego's about.
Get over yourselves.

If you can't appreciate criticism, or that opinions differ retreat to a little room on your own, and get your mum to fawn over your prodigious talents.

Anyway, cheers to Steve, respect to what he did and shame he won't be back.

The Overfiend
09-10-2005, 08:12 AM
He'll be back.

Scott Kemix
09-10-2005, 08:25 AM
what? well lookin forward to that

dan the acid man
09-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Too much sourness in this thread. Just no need.

I liked Dirty, he gave some useful pointers on tracks and would always at least offer some useful criticism.
His own productions were tight, and I valued his opinion.

Better than some off the mindless drivel I got - complaints that a minimal track was minimal, and not peak time party techno etc...

Too many drama queens with thin skin and big ego's about.
Get over yourselves.

If you can't appreciate criticism, or that opinions differ retreat to a little room on your own, and get your mum to fawn over your prodigious talents.

Anyway, cheers to Steve, respect to what he did and shame he won't be back.

well said :clap:

oldbugger
09-10-2005, 03:06 PM
just seems pathetic to me why someone would make all this fuss about leaving the site but then get someone else to post messages for them :scratch:

just seems really silly to me. if someone doesnt want to post on a forum anymore for whatever reason why don't they just do that?

thread like 'i'm leaving and never coming back u cunts' and this is my last ever post . goodbye' are pathetic too. and just trying to get a reaction.

no idea why dirtybass left and not really interested but why is everyone still going on about it?

He's proberly dying to get back on now but thinks he'll look a cunt for crying off in the first place. which is also silly.
maybe im totally wrong coz i wasnt about when it all happened..what did happen exactly anyway?

Scott Kemix
09-10-2005, 11:34 PM
just seems pathetic to me why someone would make all this fuss about leaving the site but then get someone else to post messages for them :scratch:

just seems really silly to me. if someone doesnt want to post on a forum anymore for whatever reason why don't they just do that?

thread like 'i'm leaving and never coming back u cunts' and this is my last ever post . goodbye' are pathetic too. and just trying to get a reaction.

no idea why dirtybass left and not really interested but why is everyone still going on about it?

He's proberly dying to get back on now but thinks he'll look a cunt for crying off in the first place. which is also silly.
maybe im totally wrong coz i wasnt about when it all happened..what did happen exactly anyway?

B.O.B O.N

distek
18-10-2005, 03:21 PM
He'll be back.

exactly! ;)

Scott Kemix
18-10-2005, 05:21 PM
He'll be back.

exactly! ;)

Just like in the terminator

distek
18-10-2005, 05:52 PM
He'll be back.

exactly! ;)

Just like in the terminator
or even when god said "Let him return" & so he did in a bolt of lightening! hehe

V..
18-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Although I use the studio with steve, I am not he.
He does pop on here now and again to defend himself, or to promote the labels, as a lot of people write to him from here, but as a whole, he won`t be making much of a contribution, unless it is some collaboration with me that gets posted under the name Dynamics Project.

SlavikSvensk
18-10-2005, 06:40 PM
He does pop on here now and again to defend himself, or to promote the labels, as a lot of people write to him from here, but as a whole, he won`t be making much of a contribution, unless it is some collaboration with me that gets posted under the name Dynamics Project.

steve 2.0 ;)

dirty_bass
18-10-2005, 07:04 PM

Yeah, what he said.
Although I`d like to add,
Eat me you freaks, find something more interesting to talk about.

Scott Kemix
18-10-2005, 08:49 PM
innit, talk about............egg an bacon, its nice on toast with butter. As he said " I'll be back"

fatcollective
18-10-2005, 09:14 PM

Yeah, what he said.
Although I`d like to add,
Eat me you freaks, find something more interesting to talk about.

get someone to delete the thread then :doh:

V..
18-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Why, who will you moan about then?

fatcollective
18-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Why, who will you moan about then?

get over it and stop trying to make an argument, the guy has said what hes said, move on!

V..
18-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Someone is stinging.

Scott Kemix
18-10-2005, 09:32 PM
whom ever started this thread, i dont see the point. He has not even listened to you v, and posted again under his own choice. Petty stuff man

fatcollective
18-10-2005, 09:32 PM
singing more like!

V..
18-10-2005, 09:45 PM
whom ever started this thread, i dont see the point. He has not even listened to you v, and posted again under his own choice. Petty stuff man

Posted cos I told him what was going on in this thread.
And considering the petty moaning, which I agree with you there, and the snide comments, I can`t say I blame him.
Still, seems to be the thread with the most posts in here, which is odd really, shouldn`t it be loads of people posting in the threads about music?

fatcollective
18-10-2005, 09:47 PM
v.. surely you are dirty bass, in your profile it says you own a record label...what the label, website?

Scott Kemix
18-10-2005, 09:48 PM
yep, but if you tick the 'notify box' when posting earlier in the topic, you get reminded. See ya

V..
18-10-2005, 09:53 PM
v.. surely you are dirty bass, in your profile it says you own a record label...what the label, website?

The label owned is Singularity, which is a partnership between 3 people.
As it is a project that one person couldn`t afford, due to the fact that there is music bth on vinyl and CD, with printed art inserts, and soon to be animations and films too, as well as a website in the making.
As I said, it`s a shared studio, one of the other guys posts here too, little fella.

fatcollective
18-10-2005, 09:54 PM

The label owned is Singularity, which is a partnership between 3 people.
As it is a project that one person couldn`t afford, due to the fact that there is music bth on vinyl and CD, with printed art inserts, and soon to be animations and films too, as well as a website in the making.
As I said, it`s a shared studio, one of the other guys posts here too, little fella.

ok steve :roll:

Scott Kemix
18-10-2005, 09:54 PM
mmmmmm, well suss that is :nono:

V..
18-10-2005, 10:21 PM
you`ll be saying this is steve too then
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6121

dan the acid man
18-10-2005, 10:49 PM
lighten up peeps :doh:

rhythmtech
18-10-2005, 11:25 PM
y doesn't one of the admins just close this thread? its been going too long. it was started when i had my old log in i think?!? back to the music people.

fatcollective
19-10-2005, 12:31 AM

erm...not really...erm dan....i just thought if you were DB's bast mate, how come he hasnt talked of you before now, i mean your production is pretty amazing and im sure if my mate produced of a simular quality i would definately have mentioned him or even posted some of his tracks.............now come clean you shlaaaaaaaaaaag ;)

fatcollective
19-10-2005, 12:32 AM
y doesn't one of the admins just close this thread? its been going too long. it was started when i had my old log in i think?!? back to the music people.

this is what i suggested but to no avail :roll:

dan the acid man
19-10-2005, 11:56 AM

erm...not really...erm dan....i just thought if you were DB's bast mate, how come he hasnt talked of you before now, i mean your production is pretty amazing and im sure if my mate produced of a simular quality i would definately have mentioned him or even posted some of his tracks.............now come clean you shlaaaaaaaaaaag ;)

eh, whcih dan you on about, and which bit refers to which dan, im confused :doh:

fatcollective
19-10-2005, 12:22 PM
ha ha not you dan, V.. is apparently called dan aswel.... :lol:

MARKEG
19-10-2005, 12:42 PM
let's just quit this eh??? it's just daft!

i really should lock this.. i don't want to - i havent locked anything for ages. but 7 pages on this is a bit silly i think.

if you want it reopened, contact me ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==