PDA

View Full Version : New One. Vocalists Wanted. {Updated}

tocsin
06-09-2005, 12:20 AM
http://acidgrave.gabber.org/coe-unfinished-28.mp3

It's a trancey hip-hop thing. The theme is a bit heavy so I'm taking a break from it for a few.If anyone would like to work on this, please drop me a line.

xfive
09-09-2005, 02:30 AM
I like this man... I will keep an ear out for a vocalist of some sort.. but what type do you have in mind?

Evil G
09-09-2005, 04:03 AM
wow, that is heavy. it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

the lead synth isn't my cuppa, but the secondary synth is nice, the piano part is great but maybe burried under a bit too much reverb, and the bass is just lovely.

i was going to say that this would be sound great in the car driving home from a party, but then the samples came in and i decided maybe it's too moody for that purpose, but it's still a nice piece of work.

tocsin
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks for checking it out and the feedback, guys. :)

Xfive, I wrote the thing from more of a hip-hop perspective. So, vocally, that was what I had in mind. However, most things I work on, especially with others, always turn out different. So, basically, I'm looking for whatever works. Pretty much open to how anyone would want to add to it. Pretty much just want to have a theme about a government that has forgotten the people.

EvilG, yeah, I kinda stopped messing with the mixdown on Monday because it was getting a bit much listening to the one sample. Plus, with other breaky stuff I do where vocals are in mind, I never really know how to balance all the stuff since the vocals are there. All likelihood, what I think you are referring to as the lead (first synth to come in? or do you mean the trancier sounding arpegiated one?) will be significantly quieter when there are vocals so as to be a bit more subtle. It was meant to be a more ambient texture thing than a lead, as were all the synths pretty much. Thanks for the reverb tip. I'll try killing that a bit. Might actually be a culprit in some clipping I was getting during parts where I thought it was the vocal samples. Using some sidechain compression on the vocal samples when the booming 808 drops got rid of most of it, but some of it is still there when the 808 isn't sounding. I'll probably boost the lower mids on the subtler acid line a bit too, if it won't interfere with the vocals.

Again, thanks for checking it out guys.

tocsin
15-09-2005, 02:21 AM
http://acidgrave.gabber.org/public_enemy-hell_no_we_aint_allright_[children_of_eris_mix].mp3

The above is a modified version where I added a recording of a new poem written and read by Chuck D. So, it has kind of an abstract feel. Still looking for vocalists but I just figured I'd throw this one up here too.

278d7e64a374de26f==