PDA

View Full Version : 4-5-1 or 4-4-2

nick_anarchy
06-09-2005, 07:58 PM
what do u think he will play VS n ireland

i think he has to go back to the 4-4-2 only to give owen a game again roony needs to support him

but u could also work it in the 4-5-1

drop joe cole and put rooney out on the left with owen upfront and left rooney come in behind and take control

whats your views

Richierush
06-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Ive red alot in the paper and it seems certain for him to go back to 4-4-2,and even though it didnt seem to work i think we should stick with 4-1-5-1 ,first time thing aint always gonna work so u try it again maybe first half if it dont work change it,its gud to try new things it may come as an advantage in world cup if it works,we aint got much time to try things like this as we al no these international tournies come round pretty fast :cool:

djfase
06-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Defo 442. Saturday was shite

nick_anarchy
06-09-2005, 08:33 PM
im a bit stuck in both worlds tbh tho u have your advantages and disadvantages with both i just hope thay play aswell as i know thay can

dan the acid man
06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
yeah stick with 4-4-2 ffs

Will
07-09-2005, 03:21 AM
I suppose one good thing about 4-5-1 is it'll accomodate SWP and give us a bit of width on the right, could always play 4-3-3, a bit like Man U with Rooney to the left, SWP to the right and Owen through the middle with Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham in midfield, but I think Sven would rather drop SWP than Cole, who's been playing quite well of late.

I think part of the trouble is Beckham, Lampard and Gerrard like their long ball competitions, see who can manage the longest pass straight in to Owen from a deep position, rather then supporting the attack themselves, or Beckham delivering a cross and providing some width.

MARK NEENAN
07-09-2005, 07:10 AM
I reckon as above 4-3-3 sounds good, he might as well try it as he's tried every thing else of late!

:lol:

lukekendall
07-09-2005, 08:35 AM
its no question sven is going 4-4-2 now owen is back, hes proberly got his cock in his mouth with beckham watching them right now :lol:

phantomdj
07-09-2005, 08:55 AM
drop SWP he is a tit.... runs into the middle rather than stays on the wing.. not enough mature experience for the england team....

we need a holding midfielder so that gerrard can move forward as he does for liverpool.... if not, then drop gerrard because he is not being used for the same reasons he was picked (ie what he does for liverpool)...he is the best we have for roaming forward and nailing the defence, but considering all our midfielders wanna be seen as the attacking heroes, it is no wonder we leave so many gaps in midfield.....we do not have a complete team, its a simple as that. good players for their club teams, but we do not have the full make up of great side.

Beckham did well, but he should be moved back to what he is known for, .. ie crossing the ball from the wing... no one else does it like him and it will work well for owen and rooney.

if lampard is playing he should play second fiddle to gerrard because he does not have the same impact that gerrard does when he is flying. why on earth both of them run forward i dont know. sven should tell lamps to sit back and stay back. if he cant do it, then drop him and pick someone who will sit back (like hamann would for germany)

nick_anarchy
07-09-2005, 09:50 AM
I suppose one good thing about 4-5-1 is it'll accomodate SWP and give us a bit of width on the right, could always play 4-3-3, a bit like Man U with Rooney to the left, SWP to the right and Owen through the middle with Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham in midfield, but I think Sven would rather drop SWP than Cole, who's been playing quite well of late.

I think part of the trouble is Beckham, Lampard and Gerrard like their long ball competitions, see who can manage the longest pass straight in to Owen from a deep position, rather then supporting the attack themselves, or Beckham delivering a cross and providing some width.

that sounds spot on

french_og
07-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Owen for me has to come back into the side, i think him and Rooney do play well together, so has to be 4-4-2.

Not sure who he will drop, toss up between Wright phillips and Cole.

nick_anarchy
07-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Owen for me has to come back into the side, i think him and Rooney do play well together, so has to be 4-4-2.

Not sure who he will drop, toss up between Wright phillips and Cole.

hes gone 4-5-1 check the other topic

278d7e64a374de26f==