PDA

View Full Version : DISTEK | FAT COLLECTIVE | TOTAL DIFFERENCE

distek
08-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi peeps, ive been trying to do somthing totally different lately im sick of being stuck in the same loop, with the same sounds!! ive come up with this track its chugudy tek, floaty, deep, meaningfull some mite say cheesy, maybe it should go in the trance production forum i dont know, i just need to know ppls thoughts on it....

http://www.fatcollective.com/audio/distek/THE%20FIRST%20DIFFERENCE.mp3

Let us know what ya fink, it wud be much appreciated ;)

W

CORROSIVE
08-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi peeps, ive been trying to do somthing totally different lately im sick of being stuck in the same loop, with the same sounds!! ive come up with this track its chugudy tek, floaty, deep, meaningfull some mite say cheesy, maybe it should go in the trance production forum i dont know, i just need to know ppls thoughts on it....

http://www.fatcollective.com/audio/distek/THE%20FIRST%20DIFFERENCE.mp3

Let us know what ya fink, it wud be much appreciated ;)

W

the link is dead.

distek
08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
works ok for me?? .....

TechMouse
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Works fine for me.

Not really my kind of thing...

Think some of the chords earlier on are possibly a bit dischordant, but it's quite cool later on when it goes all "Mine to Give".

Could see it going down quite well at the Housier end of the scale.

distek
08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanx for the comments m8, yea it is a little housey!! but i defo has the tek style percussion dont u fink?

Thanx Man

TechMouse
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
but i defo has the tek style percussion dont u fink?

Oh yeah, definitely very much the Techno / House side of things...

It really smacks of "Mine to Give" by Photek.

... but also made me think of people like Slam and Funk D'Void etc.

Production very tight too.

Though that soaring synth sound is very stark and digital... possibly a bit of amp simulation or something might give it some warmth?

Apparently you can get a free version of Amplitube Uno from www.amplitube.com at the moment, if you need something like that.

distek
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
thanx again m8!! & thanx for the link, ill defo look into sortin that synth out.. ;)

BRADLEE
09-09-2005, 12:05 AM
yeah very differant from what I used to hearing from you, but I like it. It's not something in the realm of what I like to play personally. However the tune itself is really quite good. Nice pads, nice smooth synth noises, and some really cool little edits as well.

Man this really should be happening in the club for sure. I could see this being a Big Ibiza tune.

BloodStar
10-09-2005, 01:59 PM
not my cup of tea, but quite like it. some synths could go with more warmth, that§s for sure. like the bassline, even i think it"s maybe too tech for this kind of track, but fits there,so ok. maybe one thing i mis in the track is some vocal,. produciotn sounds ok. cheers

distek
10-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanx guys, i gathered it wont be many peoples tastes but i appriciate you giving me your thoughts on it, as i said it somthing different, its just a refreshing change for the time being. im gunna give the synth a little tweek then maybe send it of to a few labels & see what happen's!!

Thanx again guys!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

AcidTrash
10-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I like everything but the synth but it is a good track.

orac
11-09-2005, 12:23 PM
nice track, as messaneger wrote i wouldn't want to put this in my set, but i had a good time listening to this. soft techno, but in good style ;)

distek
13-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Cheers pete, glad you liked it, im defo guinna sort that synth!!

@ orac, Glad you enjoyed it, thats what its all about!!

Thanx Guys ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==