PDA

View Full Version : Isnt it great when...

RDR
09-09-2005, 07:01 AM
You listen to a sound or a loop on the computer and think, **** me thats excellent!

Then you realise that "Holy Shit! I made that last year!"

:clap: :lol:

(doesnt happen very often like..... :doh: )

Komplex
09-09-2005, 08:04 AM
I used a 4 year old loop of mine a few days ago and thought exactly that!

I might start batch writing loops again, so that in 4 years time I'll have "fresh material" to work with ;)

BloodStar
09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
i find some very nice elements in my older tracks, too. quite nostalgia to work with 3years old loops and parts. :lol:

acidsaturation
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
I do quite a lot of loop writing... Comes from having less and less time to produce - It's a quick, tinkery sort of this you can do in a spare 20 minutes and then when you've got loads it's a good way to get tracks started 'cos you've got an instant idea...

What I don't have the time for is trawling through the 20 or so minidisks of stuff that I either downloaded at work, or made on my toys before the days when I could afford a decent PC and CD Drive!!!

holotropik
09-09-2005, 11:15 AM
hahahaha....I just listened to a set of mine from 4yrs ago and nearly shit myself. There I was thinking it was shite and too old...but man there are some loops in there I just gotta use again.

Considering the first time i sent the demo out (being a live set) i got told that it wasnt hard enough...pfft!! idiots. She's plenty hard enough....bend over and i'll show you....hehehe

I do believe that everything you produce should be archived and used in future. Everything has its place even if it doesnt work now....chances are it will in future.

Another crazy phenomenon. (**** i like that word).

audioinjection
10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
its usually the opposite for me.......i listen to old loops and think, geez, it sounds like shit :S what was i thinking hahaha

RDR
10-09-2005, 07:50 AM
audio injection - which film is your avatar from, its driving me crazy..

as for things being shit - i would say that 80% is bollox and 20% is great...

acidsaturation
10-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Definately archive everything.
I mean whats 20p for a CD to keep hold of ideas and stuff you done... Just try not to fall in to never finishing stuff 'cos you pull it out 2 years later and think if I just did this to it...

278d7e64a374de26f==