PDA

View Full Version : Tune i.d.......

djfurness
07-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Quite old........i should know it really after all this time.......
Mark you banged it out a few times in the skelter days in the technodrome.......rush played it at atomic jam as well.......
I think it might be dave the drummer cause ive heard him bang it out in north..........
sort of trancey techno (how stupid does that sound!!)......with a spoken vocal in it repeating something along the lines of ''just close your eyes....forget the world....forget the people''............
i know a lot of you will know what this is!!!!!
can i still get it?????

miromiric.
07-07-2003, 01:32 PM
gecko i think.

lunatrick
07-07-2003, 03:03 PM
It's Hydraulix 1or 2 I think....but I'm sure the man himself will be able to tell you exactly... :lol:

anx
07-07-2003, 03:57 PM
there are 2 versions

the one you probably heard is Hydraulix 2

the other one is on federation of drums - just close your eyes - gecko

both kick ass

Esox Lucius
07-07-2003, 04:10 PM
it will be hydraulix 2

lunatrick
07-07-2003, 04:11 PM
interesting - I haven't heard the gecko one......Is it jim morrison singing?

dcdn
07-07-2003, 04:50 PM
yeah, i got the Federation of drums by Gecko - Just close your eyes but didnt knew there was another record with that sample...
hmmm hydraulix 2 eh
wich one do you prefer???

Sunil
07-07-2003, 08:45 PM
It's an old hardcore classic by Acen called "Just close your eyes". The version by Gecko (WJ Henze) is wicked..

lunatrick
07-07-2003, 08:47 PM
yeah but is it an original vocal or a sample?

davethedrummer
07-07-2003, 09:07 PM
hi folks
it's jim morrison from the doors (on the record not writing this, he is dead you know)
actually it's been techno'ed 3 times to my knowledge
ive got a really minimal record with the sample just looping round and round which is from a few years ago
then gekko and me both released records with the same sample at the same time!!!!!
uncanny
my version is trancey feeling ,woody mcbride liked it a lot
so did a few people.
and then the gekko one had a rougher tribally feel and it even underwent a remix recently too. in fact wmcbride was going to remix mine but i realised the gekko one had just come out and stopped it otherwise we would have done almost the same thing again!
creepy.....
has anyone heard "the end" sample in a techno track on beat diaster records?
well if you hate cheesy records this is not for you however if you have a sense of adventure check it out.

Sunil
07-07-2003, 09:11 PM
[quote="davethedrummer"]
then gekko and me both released records with the same sample at the same time!!!!!
quote]

I haven't heard your one yet, what number Hydraulix is it? And while I'm at it, who are Hydraulix going through now, Amato?

lunatrick
07-07-2003, 10:26 PM
i really liked the hydraulix version....quite creepy. Isn't sampling the doors a bit dodgy copyright wise tho?

eyes without a face
07-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Rush played the track sampling The End at atomic jam aswell, i found it strangely compelling, a really catchy track. I was with Chris (finke) when it got played and he was biggin the track up, said hes been wondering wot it was for a while.

re: sampling the doors....

i dont think the remaining members of The Doors will get to hear/find out about the tracks to b honest, plus they are invovled in their own big money lawsuits between themselves so i wouldnt think it would bother them

DJZeMig_L
08-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Even if they did found out don't think the sales numbers would even cover the expense of taking any1 2 court lol :P Underground babey!

I think I only heard the gekko 1.. the end I heard but I think the voice and the guitar snippet r a bit loopy (IMHO)...

U'd luv 2 hear yours Dave :)

Jim as been sampled lots of times.... not sure but aren't these taken from the great american prayer album??

PS - IMHO the best federation of drums is 33 Aurora borealis .. a must on all my sets!!

Z

DJZeMig_L
08-07-2003, 01:07 AM
PS 2 - this track now has house remixes aswell (actually both have I think .. The end, just close yer eyes)...

Z

Methodixxx
08-07-2003, 03:37 AM
As has been said.. the hardcore tune from ages ago with the sample was Acen - Just Close Your Eyes.. Gecko's tune with the sample and then his new mix are good versions... But the one on Hydraulix 2 beats it and still gets a play every now and then, damn tasty! :twisted:

Buttman
08-07-2003, 10:27 AM
gecko i think.

Why do YOU know this? You traitor!

davethedrummer
08-07-2003, 11:22 AM
hahaha
sorry buttman
never mind maybe surgeon will do a remix of it?

The Divide
09-07-2003, 11:35 PM
and then the gekko one had a rougher tribally feel and it even underwent a remix recently too.

Yeah, I was at love techno last November and Adam Beyer (I think, i was a bit mashed) played a mix with those Doors samples in. I loved the Hydrahilix mix (nice one Dave). The tribally hard techno mix was amazing too, it was rolling away in a pure seedy way with a massive amount of reverb on the sample. I loved it, any ideas what thats called??

Cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==