PDA

View Full Version : Techno track..

The Teknoist.
09-09-2005, 06:32 PM
yeah, thought id write some regular techno this week.

Iv done a couple more and all need tweaking n mixing down n a couple need some bits adding because they sound a little bare.. but heres the 1st 2 as they stand so far.

http://www.errorror.co.uk/ftp/TheTeknoist-TrophyWenchUnfinished.mp3

http://www.errorror.co.uk/ftp/TheTeknoist-EGOn.mp3

peaz

BRADLEE
09-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Man Trophy wench is off the hook so far amigo!!! F*cking banging ass tune with a shit load of very impressive edits!!! Please finish that because I need it in my record bag!!!

EG-on is dope as hell too man!!! Love the Dark D&B flavors in this track especially. This track will go off anywhere I'm sure!!

Seriously where the hell did you come from? Great f*cking stuff out of no-where.

:clap:

Mindful
10-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Hey Mike good to see you in the techno production forum you bloody star ;)

Im gonna download these now mate cant wait to see what you techno tracks are like.

Mindful
10-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Yeah man Trophy wench is a wicked piece of techno that shit would deffo work on a dancfloor,the edits and energy are great.
And your productions sounds fu*king good to me mate.

Mindful
10-09-2005, 06:06 AM
I prefere this one man its proper rolling and energetic and that bass is smart.It sounds wicked on the break
,this break would sound greatin a club envioroment.
Again production sounds good too me.

Both good tracks mate. :clap: :clap:

The Teknoist.
10-09-2005, 09:55 AM
i always find it so hard not to edit to hell everything which is why i havnt written any proper techno really until now. That ritalin must be working on my discipline hah..

the stuff i usualy make is HEAVILY edited, jst cant stop choppin haha.. i almost did a 140bpm dub step tempo switch in the middle of EGOn actualy, next time gadget!

thnx for the comments guys.. gonna finish em and the others n try n find an output for em.. iv got a couple of techno tracks to come out on a certain reputable techno label soon though.. il keep you posted..

peazilla

The Teknoist.
10-09-2005, 09:56 AM
oh yeah, theres a clip of my usual type of shit on the Ninja Columbo website:

http://ninjacolumbo.digitalend.com/categories/news/

eyeswithoutaface
10-09-2005, 11:14 AM
my comments arent that welcome round here these days apparently but for what its worth

the first one sounded ok, a little fast i thought, and wayyy to many edits, although they are very clever edits at times the track failed to settle into a groove. Production sounds ok but the mix got very cluttered when it all gets going, bass sounded a fair bit muddy and didnt come through very well unfortunately due, perhaps overcompressed as the kick punchs through too much and the bass too less

the second one pretty much the same, production sounds sweet in some places but not in others, bass lacking alot more than the first and the edits got in the way again for me personally

i liked the tracks but these were just my opinions on them, i know you dont post regular in here so im not slagging it off as some may think, im just giving my honest opinion on content and technical production, which is what this place is for although that seems to have gone out the window these days. hope that helps anyway

The Teknoist.
10-09-2005, 11:20 AM
haha, all good man.. as i said, they need mixing down n shit.. 1st drafts really.

The too many edits thing is a matter of opinion i guess. I actualy like the edits n think they add to the track where as you think the opposite, different preferences of sounds :)

thanks for your comments g.. you have any stuff i can listen to?

eyeswithoutaface
10-09-2005, 11:25 AM
thats the thing im talking in the realms of "accepted" techno as it were, people as a rule tend to want something they can settle into alot more, even in the hardest most loopy stuff in town the majority of people want something they can at least get a groove down into.... it is a personal preference yeah but a handy observation too, its not all about the cleverest edit but they are particulary sweet yes

err i dont post stuff in here anymore because its become more hassle than i personally can be arsed with due to a few people but il pop some promo's in the post when they land if you want?

The Teknoist.
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
yeah man. its an observation iv noticed and accepted for years but if i just did that and conformed, i wouldnt be me.

The main thing most people love about techno is obviously the groove and for want of a better word, repetativness.. i just cant do that though. Probably be my downfall but thats why i make other shit that is based all around the edits :)

stjohn
11-09-2005, 02:47 AM
just had a listen to 'trophy wrench'.

production seems clear and effective... i love the edits to be honest... techno needs to be chopped around alot IMO. maybe a different loop somwhere in between, would provide the breather, coz as it is its very 4/4

a bit fast for me too but thats all subjective ;)

good work tho

orac
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
i don't know if i would want to play them at the party, cause as you wrote they are not too repetative and i love loopy hard techno bombers, but really this stuff is fresh, great edits, waiting for more from you :)

BRADLEE
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah man. its an observation iv noticed and accepted for years but if i just did that and conformed, i wouldnt be me.

The main thing most people love about techno is obviously the groove and for want of a better word, repetativness.. i just cant do that though. Probably be my downfall but thats why i make other shit that is based all around the edits

No reason to conform amigo, the tunes are rock solid thus far. And keep on with those edits. The groove comes with the tune and the edits keep it moving in my humble opinion.

The edits definitely show your roots :rambo:

Mindful
14-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Had another listen too these I'll take back what I said Trophy wench is the best track hands down.

The second one like Messanger said shows your roots(well they both do)
strong Hardcore techno flavours showing thru.

The Divide
17-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I like the content, bit too many edits for me.

I did think that the top end sounded a bit too digital and cold but thats more down to what Im into I think. Maybe try add a little more 'presence'

paxus
18-09-2005, 01:07 AM
From a dj and a dancer standpoint, not too many edits.
Just about perfect, the f_cked dynamics make it a winner.
Both tracks take a entirely different mind than most techno,
producers. The skewed loops and off-putting nature suceed
where most schranz fails, instead of being overly distorted
and muddy-hiding the best pieces in a upper register, these
move those chunks forward in crystal clarity. I applaud
you on both pieces, and the only thing I would say is to look
watch your progression on EGON, it might need something to
keep interest in the intro. Other than that, bravo. I'd like
to spin these out with your permission, please let me know
and keep up the good work.

-&rew
:clap:

audioinjection
18-09-2005, 01:11 AM
hmmm, its not a bad track, nice little dancefloor killer, dnb style bassline, cool little edits, kinda like hardcore style edits, i'd like to hear this on a big system though

you can even make a dnb remix of this

The Teknoist.
18-09-2005, 07:50 PM
the mix has been beefed up and some variety added in parts on both tracks, so thanks for the comments :)

yeah sure you can play it out aslong as you tell me what reactions were :)

thanks again

paxus
11-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I played some of your tracks back-to-back when i was out in
SF for the Love Parade, really turned some heads. I wouldn't
say what it was, but they were all good reactions : ).

-&Rew

278d7e64a374de26f==