PDA

View Full Version : Lau vs Casual Violence- GREEN

lau
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Whoepsie!!

Back from to weeks vacation..... and ow how did I miss you all !!! :lol:

anyways... been working on some stuff with steven lately....( Mindful that is...) he already posted his part of our coop.... so now Ill post mine...

LINK HERE (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/GREEN.mp3)

stevens mix turned out really really dark and heavy.. mine's a bit more girlish and funky :lol:

Hope you enjoy....

:rambo:

Mindful
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
You big girl :lol:

Nah man this is bang on its just more subtle than the other.
Realy works good that first edit is fukking dope and im loving the little edjy percussion work.

Also when it gets to the end of the Break thats hot man.that little niose that sneaks in for a second.

You the man :rambo:

MITA
11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
downloading

[edit]

yeah..this is greeen lau ma man.
love the reverbed little breaks,and melo is so green. :lol:
percussions are really positive here//
woody sound is quite how i like it.. knock,knock :clap:
im enjoyng while listenig to this.

gotta take a listen at mindfuls track also..havent yet.

good work u 2.

BRADLEE
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Yo guys, tune is proper and edits are really working the tune correct as well. I think maybe you guys could add a little darker sweeping pad in there to really push it thru a bit more. However the tune is already solid as is. But you know me, I just like ot hear about a million things going on at once :lol:

Good stuff for sure guys as always. You guys work very well with one another :rambo:

lau
13-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Tnx for the advice dude!!!

Will get back on this on somewhere this week... see if I can add some darkness to go with the girlyness :lol: :lol:

The Divide
13-09-2005, 01:29 PM
When I first heard this I thought it was a little empty or that the sounds weren't phat enough so just out of curiosity I thought I would have a really quick blast at masting it. Now I was wrong and all it needed was a little push. Good job, I like this :clap:

Heres your mastered version...

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/GREENFmaster.mp3

was it at 138 bpm?

lau
13-09-2005, 02:15 PM
When I first heard this I thought it was a little empty or that the sounds weren't phat enough so just out of curiosity I thought I would have a really quick blast at masting it. Now I was wrong and all it needed was a little push. Good job, I like this :clap:

Heres your mastered version...

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/GREENFmaster.mp3

was it at 138 bpm?

Yo dude!!!!

sounds really really phat now!!! Thats a great job you did :clap:

Looks like I still got loads to learn of the mastering aspect...!! Would love to know what you did to it... !!

lau
13-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Aw btw ... the track is 136 bpm...

The Divide
13-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I ran it thro R3 ultrafunk multiband then Q10, then a stereo filter delay, then t-racks followed by L3. I like this track, when its done you could ftp me the wave file and I will master it if you like :crackup:

I think I set the delay to 138 instead of 136 so its a little out of time :oops:

orac
13-09-2005, 04:04 PM
whoa ! i listened to the original ver. by lau and i also thought that it is a little empty, but now i'm listening to mastered version, one word - phat !
damn i also want to master like this ;)

distek
13-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Grear track here, love the tribal feel!! percussions spot on, just chugs along nicely!! Well done!! ;)

Electrictribe
13-09-2005, 07:14 PM
yeah feelin this one. As stated sounds fatter with the mastered version. Nice deep beats. Good work :clap:

lau
13-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I ran it thro R3 ultrafunk multiband then Q10, then a stereo filter delay, then t-racks followed by L3. I like this track, when its done you could ftp me the wave file and I will master it if you like :crackup:

I think I set the delay to 138 instead of 136 so its a little out of time :oops:

Yeah man will do that!!! Will work on this a bit more than Ill get you the .wav !!

tnx again for mastering it... been messing around a lot with some of the vsti's you mentioned... I just have to spend more time mixing my tracks..... Mastering really can change a lot..!!

BRADLEE
13-09-2005, 08:18 PM
R3 ultrafunk

What is this plugin here? I am not familiar with it.

The Divide
13-09-2005, 08:26 PM
R3 ultrafunk

What is this plugin here? I am not familiar with it.

Sorry its this

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Sonitus/sonitus6.asp

Multi band compression. It can make or break a track, like many plugins its one of those where you really have to know how to use it, use what feels best for you. Its like people recommend Izotope's ozone yet I cant seem to get it to sound sweet. Also the waves multi maximizer is supposed to be really good but I cant familiarize myself with it

The Divide
13-09-2005, 08:28 PM
What you using to make this tune?

lau
13-09-2005, 09:32 PM
What you using to make this tune?

Just ableton... some loops I also created in ableton... the synts I probably got out of reaktor or absynth.. dunno actually coz its all stuff I once recorded and than resampled... :eh: I always mash up my sounds sample em.. mash em up again... resample.. lol just keeps on going like that... so most of the loops I created some time ago... aw and ofcourse I use some ffx nutting special really just the Waves C4, L2,Rvrb, stereoimager ( think Ill need to have a look at that L3 you mentioned..) used the quadrafuzz and the standard ffx that come with ableton.. rvrb, erosion.. lol thats about it...

I already had an Izotope ozone over my master... but like you said it can be hard to get a good sound out of it.... most of the times it does improve the track tho.... got the T-rex as well I used to use it loads, dont use it a lot anymore.. maybe I should dig it up again and play a bit with it...

Mindful
14-09-2005, 03:32 PM
That sounds phat Danny :love:

Check ya pms Lau ya **** :lol:

Conan
15-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah this is a real good tune, loads of changes and stunts and a real gritty feel to it. i like it!

BloodStar
15-09-2005, 03:48 PM
like this. nice breaks, and grooves. feeling it,.
production part of thing sounds cool...

lau
15-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Tnx dudes!!!

worked on this a bit more..... will finish it and post the final version..!

j_s
15-09-2005, 05:38 PM
sounds fat as fvck. really solid groove, without being too obvious. good stuff...

Mindful
18-09-2005, 09:52 PM
How you going with this Lau?
You done some more on it?
Send us a link bro ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==