Room 2 hosted by METROPOLIS
10pm - 4am £12adv

Sat 24th Sep we present a monster line up for your enjoyment. LUKE
SLATER's first slot at Voodoo was 1994, now 11 years on and with some
classics such as his Planetary Assault Systems project and his Forklift
remix (nuff said) under his belt, his own studio LPs and live project and
a new mix cd 'Fear And Loathing 11'. Another legend performing is the
mighty ANTHONY ROTHER who'll be playing live. Anthony was due to play
for us 3 years ago but his equipment was lost at Manchester airport!
This full studio live show will blow you all away and make up for that
disappointment.

DJ HYPE makes his Voodoo debut under the METROPOLIS flag.
Essentially Hype is to drum and bass as Afrika Bambaata was to the
development of hip-hop. Hype shows are always rammed in Liverpool
so arrive early! Supporting Hype in room 2 will be Metropolis promoter
and DJ PROPHECY + Sophonic & nwdnb.co.uk master SOL.

Plenty of local talent on show too and of course MC support. As ever
STEVE SHIELS & BRENDAN LONG back up the electro/tech in the main room

VOODOO-OUT

Fordy
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Rinse out.

Bugger
14-09-2005, 02:28 PM
;)

Bugger
18-09-2005, 03:38 PM
looking v.v. busy, PM for guaranteed entry.

Eddie
19-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Well excited about seein rother after the mix up with his equipment last time! Are we upstairs for this one?

Bugger
19-09-2005, 08:08 PM
yes! metropolis are hosting academy 2

djfurness
19-09-2005, 08:23 PM
ive got 5 pairs of undies ready for me record bag....
from what ive heard this is gonna be super rammed! :shock:

Traxx
19-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Hahaha :lol:

Eddie
19-09-2005, 08:43 PM
busy weekend for techno in liverpool bam bam, bissmire, rolando, rother, luke slater and pullen all on! Talk about spoilt for choice!!!

Bugger
21-09-2005, 01:31 PM
bump

eyeswithoutaface
21-09-2005, 01:36 PM
there's no doubting Liverpool is leading the way for techno at the moment over here, although there's some nasty clashes unfortunately night wise

Frank Dogshit
21-09-2005, 01:49 PM
lookin unlikely i can play out this weekend......skint as!

Technobitch
21-09-2005, 04:48 PM
lookin unlikely i can play out this weekend......skint as!

looks like ill be at this one, aint been to voodoo in ages!

you better make it out for this dogshit!!!

nick_anarchy
21-09-2005, 05:05 PM
and i was planning a weekend in :doh:

Technobitch
21-09-2005, 05:09 PM

im flyering for mackie!

nick_anarchy
21-09-2005, 05:29 PM
haha for once ;)

i just noticed 2 of me mates are on so i have to go support

Mucky Beats
21-09-2005, 05:53 PM

im flyering for mackie!

:clap: thanks mate :clap:

nick_anarchy
21-09-2005, 06:03 PM
take it u aint goin then dude ? so it sjust dawn showin up for the nowth wales ??

Fordy
21-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Well looking forward to this now after ive finally recovered from last fri, rock on :twisted:

Technobitch
22-09-2005, 12:48 PM
take it u aint goin then dude ? so it sjust dawn showin up for the nowth wales ??

im always out, shouldnt be though but i can never turn down a night out!

nick_anarchy
22-09-2005, 01:29 PM

yeh i know u .. its not the cant turn down a good nite its u cant get enuff techno aint u back in manc yet ??

Technobitch
22-09-2005, 01:42 PM

yeh i know u .. its not the cant turn down a good nite its u cant get enuff techno aint u back in manc yet ??

yeah i got back monday!

im in uni now.......... doing dissertation reseach on the net! :cool:

nick_anarchy
22-09-2005, 01:48 PM
back in uni hay ....get sum work done then :lol:

Frank Dogshit
22-09-2005, 01:49 PM

yeah i got back monday!

alreet clown.

finally got away from the wrath of emersons trotters then?
:twisted:

dunno how the hell i got up today,feelin it now tho.....ready for bed! :doh:

Technobitch
22-09-2005, 02:46 PM

yeah i got back monday!

alreet clown.

finally got away from the wrath of emersons trotters then?
:twisted:

dunno how the hell i got up today,feelin it now tho.....ready for bed! :doh:

i was a fuking mess this morn, pulled it together tho and walked home! cris told me it wud take me 10mins to get to fallowfield, bollox not in my shoes!

good night tho, got to get as much research done as poss now so i can have fun on saturday and not feel guilty!

fitipaldi
22-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I feel sick as ****, not done anything at work today, can't wait to go home.

Technobitch
23-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I feel sick as ****, not done anything at work today, can't wait to go home.

sounds like a usual day at work for you that cris!

nick_anarchy
23-09-2005, 01:20 PM
iv changed my mind on goin now dawn .. havin a weekend off everythink my head dont seem at it sbest at the mo so i think a weekend off is best

Frank Dogshit
23-09-2005, 01:43 PM
iv changed my mind on goin now dawn .. havin a weekend off everythink my head dont seem at it sbest at the mo so i think a weekend off is best

feelin the same....so goin clear headed this weekend.

cant really miss rother!

nick_anarchy
23-09-2005, 01:48 PM

feelin the same....so goin clear headed this weekend.

cant really miss rother!

im gutted i have to do it me and a loa dof me mates are all goin for a meal on saturday day now once we have had a few beers and sniff i know full well sum cunt will decide we should go out and i know i shouldnt but i know full well it will happen :lol:

Stella Boy
25-09-2005, 03:43 AM
hope you're having fun you twonks :evil:

nick_anarchy
25-09-2005, 04:44 AM
well it was an alrigh tnite shame the dj who was on last was pritty poor at mixin sorry it has to be said all he could do was beat match the rest was poor sorry ......

on the whole tho i enjoyed myself and had a good laugh with the locked boys , d'technobitch and many other :clap:

roll on jasbof next week :rambo:

eyeswithoutaface
25-09-2005, 11:33 AM
i couldnt make it in the end having a serious lack of the queen's tender as it where

i'm presuming it was Luke Slater on last? not heard any reports yet

Fordy
25-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Quality night all in all, was it Steve Sheils on second ? Awesome set, got everyone going. Rother was just pure class, amazing producer. Slater was alright, nothing special tbh.

All done sober aswell and I still danced like a lunatic so all was good.

Fordy
25-09-2005, 04:27 PM
i'm presuming it was Luke Slater on last? not heard any reports yet

Yeah it was, he was alright as I say. Played some decent tunes, everyone who was left were having it, but just didnt stick out much in my mind anyways.

Traxx
25-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I dont really remember much about any of it, havent been that pissed for a good while. Was in the dnb most of the night. Caught the last half hour of slater, was pretty shite tbh. Some ok tunes but that was about it. Roll on the next one with the dnb upstairs :rambo:

TeChNoJuNkY01
25-09-2005, 04:55 PM
First post here :) Noob Alert !

First time @ VooDoo and I had a pretty good nite. I was lookin forward to seeing Rother and i was very impressed with him. I was right in front for the best view, Nice :love: !

I wasn't dissapointed with Luke Slater, i didnt think his mixin or tune selection was as bad as some have mentioned here.

Dunno if i'll be at the next one but as soon as Vitalic re-schedules i'll be straight back again. HuZZah !

Eddie
26-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I had a class night, rother was superb what i saw of him and slater was good but i agree his mixing wasnt very adventurous. That main room is quality, rminded me of the courtyard just after the the dj booth was taken out.`

Traxx
26-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Used to be well better with that booth (not that i ever played in it or that) :oops: :lol:

Eddie
26-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Used to be well better with that booth (not that i ever played in it or that) :oops: :lol:

I spent the majority of my youth hanging off it tune spottin, Reckon its superb upstairs in the academy, its just a shame they dont open the balcony for a chill out area

Traxx
26-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah but its like they way it went with the jam @ the sanctuary it makes the club look ****in empty opening balconies unless there is a serious amount of heads in there which there very rarely is these days.

Eddie
26-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah but its like they way it went with the jam @ the sanctuary it makes the club look **** empty opening balconies unless there is a serious amount of heads in there which there very rarely is these days.

Suppose

Technobitch
26-09-2005, 01:14 PM
first time iv been to voodoo in a while and it just wasnt hard enuf for me, i tried my best to enjoy the tunes but it just wasnt my cup of tea!

nice crowd and good atmosphere, i got pritty drunk in the end and had a great laugh regardless of the music!

nick_anarchy
26-09-2005, 01:28 PM
yeh u were pritty drunk .. did u spend any more ? :lol:

o and u did a good job on tranny ellis i think your his no 1 fan after that outside :lol:

Technobitch
26-09-2005, 01:37 PM

o and u did a good job on tranny ellis i think your his no 1 fan after that outside :lol:

y wot happend outside?! :oops: :doh:

god not another memory blank!

had fun handing out the flyers and getting in to trouble wv that security guy but not tranny boy!

Bugger
26-09-2005, 01:38 PM
first time iv been to voodoo in a while and it just wasnt hard enuf for me, i tried my best to enjoy the tunes but it just wasnt my cup of tea!

all depends who is on obviously, luke slater or anthony rother aren't exactly known for their heavy styles. where as someone like dj rush, speedy j is a different kettle of fish. voodoo was never just about bang bang and never will be!

think i met you flyering outside having a laugh with security and my mate simon who kept standing in front of you?

fitipaldi
26-09-2005, 01:42 PM
I had a good night, wasn't that impressed by Rother, not my cup of tea i guess. Thought Luke slater started off pretty poor but made up for it in the last hour or so. Love that main room tho!

Bugger
26-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Rother is da man!

Technobitch
26-09-2005, 01:47 PM

all depends who is on obviously, luke slater or anthony rother aren't exactly known for their heavy styles. where as someone like dj rush, speedy j is a different kettle of fish. voodoo was never just about bang bang and never will be!

think i met you flyering outside having a laugh with security and my mate simon who kept standing in front of you?

yeah that wud be me :oops:

dont think your mate liked me much!?

iv always loved voodoo and always will, i knew it wasnt goin gto be a banging night and was going to see my mates really its just that wen i was there i just kept waiting for it to get harder.......my own fault for getting drunk really! opps!

Frank Dogshit
26-09-2005, 01:47 PM
i had a great night on saturday,thought sheilsy was class early on. hasnt let me down all season.

knew what to expect from rother and pretty much enjoyed it.......would of liked to have heard a bit more of his older stuff tho.

slater had his patches of really good stuff but did really take it up and down all night....the last 45 minutes were spot on though i thought. very nice tunes.

overall a good night and a good opportunity to catch up with some clowns i hadnt seen in a while.

nick_anarchy
26-09-2005, 01:50 PM

had fun handing out the flyers and getting in to trouble wv that security guy but not tranny boy!

dont say u dont remember all the shit and abuse u gave the poor lad ?? u well hurt his feeling's plus that fella from the club haha askin u to flyer on the other sid eof the read haha what a joke he said to me " who r u flyering for i wouldnt tell him and i said im not chris pollack mate ( if no ones knows this gimp hes a tit the club hate and bully )

anyway dawn dont worry it was funny

Technobitch
26-09-2005, 01:55 PM

dont say u dont remember all the shit and abuse u gave the poor lad ?? u well hurt his feeling's plus that fella from the club haha askin u to flyer on the other sid eof the read haha what a joke he said to me " who r u flyering for i wouldnt tell him and i said im not chris pollack mate ( if no ones knows this gimp hes a tit the club hate and bully )

anyway dawn dont worry it was funny

its starting to come back to me now!

he he he at least you have seen my darker side now!

as for that guy from the club, im sure he must of recognised me from last time i was there when i was holding flyers for mackie, not handing them out and he tried to grab me and asked me to leave! good memory coz that was ages ago!

dont think they like me at that place! ill have to go in a disguise next time!

nick_anarchy
26-09-2005, 02:15 PM
the darker side is that all :lol:

iv been told hes a prick anwyay so nout to worry about hes like with with everyone so i belive so ... but u were being how can i put it ... entertaining

Technobitch
26-09-2005, 03:37 PM

iv been told hes a prick anwyay so nout to worry about hes like with with everyone so i belive so ... but u were being how can i put it ... entertaining

glad to hear i was entertaining! needed a bit of banter outside to distract us from the rain!

nick_anarchy
26-09-2005, 03:44 PM

glad to hear i was entertaining! needed a bit of banter outside to distract us from the rain!

very true .. woodys left early tho and left me and u to flyer tut tut lightwaight

djfurness
27-09-2005, 06:26 PM
messy
didnt step foot in the techno once....the dnb room was just too good...
can barely remember playin...handin the decks over to hype...and then whoosh...there goes my memory....****in good night though....
and the start of something rather big I reckon...

nick_anarchy
27-09-2005, 08:03 PM
messy
didnt step foot in the techno once....the dnb room was just too good...
can barely remember playin...handin the decks over to hype...and then whoosh...there goes my memory....**** good night though....
and the start of something rather big I reckon...

yours and frankies set was ****in spot on dude

Katie
30-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I had a good night on saturday thought rother was good but again would be good if he'd played some older stuff as well! first time i'd seen luke slater he was different to what i expected but still enjoyed it! was good seeing everyone that i haven't seen for ages! don't think i'd seen whitey for bout a year! haha! and edwina who's going the dj bone night really want to go but dunno whether i'll make it! :cry:

278d7e64a374de26f==