PDA

View Full Version : Mark EG + Chrissi (July 2003)

MARKEG
08-07-2003, 09:33 PM
As it seems everyone else posts their own tracks apart from us, here's the newest thing we've just made in the studio today.

www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/July2003mc1.mp3 (Audio: 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo/160Kbps)

Tell us what you reckon kids :wink:

Mark + Chrissi
x

Adverse
08-07-2003, 10:07 PM
not bad at all :) couple of comments... (like you knew i'd have them anyways) why is the first kick after the first 2 edits much louder? i think it lacks a bit of movement in the first 2 minutes, after the ride it rings all the way home for me. The synth stab at the break is the perfect touch. overall it's a very nice bit.

MARKEG
08-07-2003, 10:30 PM
hahaha... yes i knew you have them. that's why we love ya so much! ;=]

anyway there's defo not a problem with the kick on the unconverted version, so i think that might be down to the conversion. re: movement. yes i think we might need to get a little bit more movement going on at the beginning. actually this is something we really leave until the very last stage to do cause there's no point in spending 6 hours doing edits if the actual basis of the track isn't right. so overall a positive result from you?

i'll post the edited version later if everyone else's comments are as +ve.

thanks mate.

wenna
08-07-2003, 10:56 PM
from 1min 53secs onwards its sheer genius!!!

Adverse
08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
yes.. potential for a stormer is there. you got it locked asides from that minor problem in the first two minutes. which doesnt bother me so much.. as you cannot have it full on from second one.

wenna
08-07-2003, 11:32 PM
yeah man, lets have it full on from second 1 :twisted:

mark do u ever make techno in the style of andy duxs' 'we have to see' aswell??

EmotionComplex
09-07-2003, 01:34 AM
go mark!! (clenches fists) FUNK-ing great :twisted:

funky rythm and when that ride cymbal drops in YYAAHHHHHHH! :lol:

have u ever thought of writing say 10-15 tracks and making a sort of techno mix album?

combine your mixing and producing skills to sculpt a full cd.
8)

MARKEG
09-07-2003, 01:39 AM
> have u ever thought of writing say 10-15 tracks and making a sort of techno mix album?
> combine your mixing and producing skills to sculpt a full cd.

i'd love 2.. perhaps down the line...

> potential for a stormer is there. you got it locked asides from that minor problem in the first two minutes.

the actual track goes on for 6 minutes, so perhaps we'll cut it don't and make the beginning happen a little quicker.

hey wenna/emo - this track is chrissi too 50%!!! sure, she's not on the forum as much as me (cause she takes care of my dj bookings full time) but like with all our stuff it's totally both of us. just thought i'd say :D

EmotionComplex
09-07-2003, 02:04 AM
yah (sorry chrissi) :oops:

a little rude of me,i have listened to a lot of your tracks andi must say i havent come across a blackout release i havent liked.

the sound of the tracks produced by you too has acertain je ne suis qui (did i spell that right) that i think reflects the 2 of you working on them.
a unique sound if u will, that benifits from 2 minds working together.

extra thing

only came across (BOA 008) Lecken Lecken a couple of days ago, great release.

mark have you done anythin on massive records recently?or under mysticdjz. last track i got was apollo 14, excellent.

extra extra thing.. :lol:

do you see yourself producing any hardstyle music in the future?

The Divide
09-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Its 1 am so i cant pump the volume up :( . Nice quality mix and good rythm, i dig the reverb on the stab at the breakdown (wondering how managed to get it to sound so crisp)! 8)

wenna
09-07-2003, 09:48 AM
sorry chrissi :oops: the ride cymbal that enters after the transition is spot on, clear as a whistle!!!

bob2k3
12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
thanks.... sounds promisin :)

will give feedback about the tune when its finished d/loading (probably half an hour LOL)

aggressor
15-07-2003, 01:54 AM
i will go with many of the coments about the first minute or so

but something is bothering me,

i am sure i recognise one of the loops , but i do not know where from.

MARKEG
16-07-2003, 02:45 AM
????????????????

there's no loops in this AT all. this track is comprised of only sample hits or pure drums.

aggressor
16-07-2003, 03:10 AM
i stand corrected oh master :oops:

Adverse
16-07-2003, 03:18 AM
????????????????

there's no loops in this AT all. this track is comprised of only sample hits or pure drums.
haha nice.

aggressor
16-07-2003, 03:51 AM
????????????????

haha nice.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Adverse
16-07-2003, 07:09 AM
well to avoid confusion.. i meant it's nice to hear no loops :)

you guys need this next blackout record coming out i'm telling you! chrissi and mark have just been slaggin'm out. honestly. glad to hear you guys back in the studio :D :D :D :D :D

bob2k3
16-07-2003, 02:42 PM
good techno tune, i can't complain :)

more of a hardcore and hard trance man meself

WEZ
16-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Got Mark & Chrissi writ all over it , it made me move in here and im on me own , so its gonna do good in the Big Places !

tOp nOtCh A+

DJPAUZE
18-07-2003, 02:22 AM
Production quality is there
not your typical anxious stuff
but nice beginning
im not really into the synth at all
7/10
Pauze :twisted:

J.Johnson
20-07-2003, 07:49 PM
I would play the hell out this track!!! NICE JOB!!! :shock:

Col
23-07-2003, 07:15 PM
yeah i like it, the tracks got potential, like the break, very nice indeed, are you planning on releasing this on BA?

davethedrummer
24-07-2003, 11:34 AM
wahaeyy i'm dancing round the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
techno is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooowooooooooooooooooooooow ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowoooooooooooooooo ooooowooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

278d7e64a374de26f==