PDA

View Full Version : wish I could afford this.... open labs neko 64

BRADLEE
15-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Man, well this thing looks like it could do it all. If I had a few thousand dollars spare I'd pick one up. So for those of you with money out there, you might want to check it out.

http://www.openlabs.com/products/product_info-neko64.htm#

BRADLEE
15-09-2005, 08:22 PM
forgot to add a picture of it.....

http://www.towboytigger.com/keyboard1.jpg

stjohn
15-09-2005, 08:46 PM
interesting....... but i could see a few walls that you could possibly run into, compatability issues, over heating etc....

im not saying that theses issues are present, just with All-In-One systems of any kind even VCR-DVD thingys....they can be a cunt to fix!

stjohn
15-09-2005, 08:47 PM
i owuld definatly like to hear reports tho!

BRADLEE
15-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah I have no idea if there are any issues of this sort with it or not. I just saw it and was reading about all of it's features and it sounds really amazing.

ampassasinbirmingham
15-09-2005, 09:08 PM
i saw a wiked video of richard devine at the nahm show last year with this. he played a set in a bar with it and then he set the thing a light and carried on playing with it. it wasnt until he couldnt touch it as it was that hot he stopped. the machine carried on playing for about 3 more minutes until it was totally engulfed in flames.

ive heard nothing but good about these machines. you can upgrade them, they can run logic, cubase, reason and live. the only program they cant run is pro tools. sureley an ingenious device for live and studio use.

stjohn
15-09-2005, 09:22 PM
the machine carried on playing for about 3 more minutes until it was totally engulfed in flames.

ive heard nothing but good ........

surely that cant be any good!

BRADLEE
15-09-2005, 10:32 PM
surely that cant be any good!

No, the guy lit it on fire and it continued to play for three minutes after that. That is what he was saying amigo. :lol:

Not that I would ever recommend setting fire to any piece of equipment though....that's for sure. :nono:

g
16-09-2005, 12:22 AM
ok maybe if you don't own a computer.
but if you do, well.. no thanks. buy some controllers and a car with the $ left over.

BRADLEE
16-09-2005, 12:59 AM
but if you do, well.. no thanks. buy some controllers and a car with the $ left over.

yeah I do agree to some extent, but it's mearly a convieniance thing as well. Everything contained in one device seems nice to me.

However you are very correct about the money. That thing is well expensive.

Komplex
16-09-2005, 03:05 AM

yep. the market for this thing would be someone who just wants a big keyboard workstation.

personally I prefer the modular approach. interconnected bits and pieces of my chosing.

Imagine taking the Nexo on a plane!

FILTERZ
16-09-2005, 11:48 AM
i would buy it if i was stinkin rich , but only coz it looks cool (sort of)

acidsaturation
16-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Imagine taking the Nexo on a plane!

I'd prefer to take that on a plane than my bits and pieces...

But I like the modular spaghetti cable approach too... (though decided last night that job for the next few weekends is building cases and buying shorter patch leads...)

anode
17-09-2005, 05:35 AM
a flip up screen like the mpc2000xl would be nice.

278d7e64a374de26f==