PDA

View Full Version : keep techno alive! make a difference

rowland the bastard
16-09-2005, 11:50 AM
everyone should vote to keep the scene alive!!!

http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

Si the Sigh
16-09-2005, 11:50 AM
:dance:

The Teknoist.
16-09-2005, 12:35 PM
tbh i dont see how voting for a techno dj in such a shite popularity contest is gonna keep any scene alive.

Jay Pace
16-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Djmag can kiss my ringpiece.

rowland the bastard
16-09-2005, 12:47 PM
tbh i dont see how voting for a techno dj in such a shite popularity contest is gonna keep any scene alive.

ignorance is bliss i guess

The Teknoist.
16-09-2005, 12:50 PM

well, obviously id like to know what good it would do.. ?

fatcollective
16-09-2005, 12:51 PM
i think the more underground mags should do a "vote for best dj" thing, other than themags that tilt towards the chessier spectrum. maybe upfront should give it a go.

anyhow i have done my vote with DJmag.....techno techno techno...ya never know ;)

rowland the bastard
16-09-2005, 12:55 PM

ok so i should elaborate i guess considering that wasnt a very nice comment so sorry for that.

joe house punter who reads dj mag all the time, thinks techno is shit or has never heard it, how is he gonna know about it if the media has no info on it? if you place your vote and techno artists make it, he is either gonna think **** here's something i didnt know about i might have to check it out, or unfortunatly but true, he... sorry or she might be a follower of fashion and go check out a cd, record or club thinking its the new thing either or either the labels artists and clubs will stay alive and we get what we want.... no?

Mucky Beats
16-09-2005, 12:57 PM
i think the more underground mags should do a "vote for best dj" thing, other than themags that tilt towards the chessier spectrum. maybe upfront should give it a go.

anyhow i have done my vote with DJmag.....techno techno techno...ya never know ;)

i always vote for underground techno dj's in the dj mag top 100 coz it's always nice to see the boys beating those fancy cheesy jocks :lol:

rowland the bastard
16-09-2005, 12:57 PM

www.thedjlist.com is wicked!!!! the best one i reckon

The Teknoist.
16-09-2005, 01:03 PM

ok so i should elaborate i guess considering that wasnt a very nice comment so sorry for that.

joe house punter who reads dj mag all the time, thinks techno is shit or has never heard it, how is he gonna know about it if the media has no info on it? if you place your vote and techno artists make it, he is either gonna think **** here's something i didnt know about i might have to check it out, or unfortunatly but true, he... sorry or she might be a follower of fashion and go check out a cd, record or club thinking its the new thing either or either the labels artists and clubs will stay alive and we get what we want.... no?

i get that point ofcourse :) but making techno part of a constant wave of fads and trendy genres that keeps changing throughout and around the more mainstream of dance music in my opinion isnt going to keep the scene alive. It kills scenes if anything.

I know hard house and the surrounding music 'artists' have been dabbling in techno for a while now but dabbling and raping are to different things. The more techno features in such jokes as the dj mag top 100 the more people are gonna want to cash in. Thus in the long run saturating the market with crap (not just music either).

This may be a pesimistic point, but i really do think its a valid point. Techno has been and is growing stronger very well on its own imo and doesnt need this kind of publicity.

Please dont label me as a narrow minded purist either because im really not in any way :)

dan the acid man
16-09-2005, 01:16 PM
any publicity is good publicity as the saying goes

Agent Orange NYC
16-09-2005, 03:19 PM
[/quote]
This may be a pesimistic point, but i really do think its a valid point. Techno has been and is growing stronger very well on its own imo and doesnt need this kind of publicity.

Please dont label me as a narrow minded purist either because im really not in any way :)[/quote]

Here in NY the techno scene (which was pretty strong a few years back) has almost completely dissapearred. Some of the biggest names can only pull about 300 people tops and techno dj's coming here are rare. Alot of the techno fans have just gotten older and are out to here more minmal stuff. There are no new fans coming into the scene here due to the falling apart of the rave scene (they only go out for the prog names or danny t or morillo). Techno is shrinking here and fast, although I dont think it will ever be totally gone. I think some media is exactly what we would need to get some new people onto techno, what do we have to be afraid of? There's already crap techno coming out now, fine this might bring more crap but it will also bring much more qualtiy.

tocsin
16-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Agreed. Those polls count for something. Ask Tiesto. Whether or not they truly reflect votes, and not cash gifts, vacations, meals, etc. is debatable though. But, **** it. I'd much rather see some artists I enjoy with a better chance at getting towards the top. It allows for them to make a bit more cash which would likely fund some new projects/artists/releases. Trickle-down Techonomics? ;) Not worried about things getting more saturated. If anything, I'd welcome that. Music of and for the people should be saturated.

The Teknoist.
16-09-2005, 04:11 PM
ask Tiesto? he was already a major name before he started won.

As i said i can see your points (sort of).. True it does need more publicity, but the right publicity. Not shite 'this is hard techno mayhem' cheesey kind of ads all over tv. To be fair the right people wouldnt get a look in i dont think either. There'd be a couple of figure heads but the likes of Lisa Lashes n co would definatley be up there saying it was their thing n reeping benefits.

A dj poll etc is one thing but this particular one i dont think is right. The majority of people who vote are brainless mixmag gurners tbh.

There may be crap techno already out there but you dont want people that havnt heard alot of techno hearing the shite (which the majority of stuff available for them would be) and making their minds up off that. The majority of "popular culture" fixated kind of people look for their art to be handed to them, rather than actively seeking it out and discovering new music. Whats wrong with having to seek it out?

im just sort of ranting now tbh.. i DO want greater recognition for techno though, but the right kind and if you can convince me that this WILL give techno the right kind please do.. believe it or not i DO want to be convinced of this, i just cant see it.

gumpy green
16-09-2005, 04:35 PM
i bet u i could fuk the top 20 in that list nae sweat so im not voting until they come correct wi some proper skillz.

Jay Pace
16-09-2005, 04:42 PM

Not hating on you mate, but this is the top 100 djs as voted for people who read djmag.

Hands up here who reads dj mag.
Hands up who cares what dj mag readers think.

Techno is big, ugly and global enough not to need to rely upon dance magazines.

Dance music mags are for faddy drop ins who are desperate to learn whats cool, and will believe anything thats in print.

Awards like this are a pile of shit.

Techno is an attitude, not everyone will get it. That they don't doesn't degrade techno in the slightest.

Agent Orange NYC
16-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Ok, dj Mag def might not be the best media outlet for techno right now, but we all sort of agree that some media will help.

When Chris Liberator got in there which was totaly awsome, alot of my prog friends automatically put him on their "dj's to see in the next year" list, not Lisa Lashes or Family Jules, but Chris. If that gets the clubs full of people wanting to here these guys (even if it was fed to them by a magazine) the club owners and promoters will take notice which will have a positive outcome for techno openers like us.

Lisa Lashes and the like will take credit for anything new, that's unavoidable, so we might as well take the benefits from the side result of that. The only way to beat them would be to have a bigger and better PR firm and for that you need big money and for big money you need big gigs, which come from media and magazines.

The Teknoist.
16-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Ok, dj Mag def might not be the best media outlet for techno right now, but we all sort of agree that some media will help.

When Chris Liberator got in there which was totaly awsome, alot of my prog friends automatically put him on their "dj's to see in the next year" list, not Lisa Lashes or Family Jules, but Chris. If that gets the clubs full of people wanting to here these guys (even if it was fed to them by a magazine) the club owners and promoters will take notice which will have a positive outcome for techno openers like us.

Lisa Lashes and the like will take credit for anything new, that's unavoidable, so we might as well take the benefits from the side result of that. The only way to beat them would be to have a bigger and better PR firm and for that you need big money and for big money you need big gigs, which come from media and magazines.

you make it sound so easy haha :)

fatcollective
16-09-2005, 08:27 PM
just vote for fvck sake it wont do you any harm :crackup:

tocsin
16-09-2005, 08:45 PM

As i said i can see your points (sort of).. True it does need more publicity, but the right publicity. Not shite 'this is hard techno mayhem' cheesey kind of ads all over tv. To be fair the right people wouldnt get a look in i dont think either. There'd be a couple of figure heads but the likes of Lisa Lashes n co would definatley be up there saying it was their thing n reeping benefits.

A dj poll etc is one thing but this particular one i dont think is right. The majority of people who vote are brainless mixmag gurners tbh.

There may be crap techno already out there but you dont want people that havnt heard alot of techno hearing the shite (which the majority of stuff available for them would be) and making their minds up off that. The majority of "popular culture" fixated kind of people look for their art to be handed to them, rather than actively seeking it out and discovering new music. Whats wrong with having to seek it out?

im just sort of ranting now tbh.. i DO want greater recognition for techno though, but the right kind and if you can convince me that this WILL give techno the right kind please do.. believe it or not i DO want to be convinced of this, i just cant see it.

Yes, or better, ask Tiesto's PR people. They certainly seem to care about his rank on such lists? Why?

Of course, assume that the results of this "poll" are honest and not a charade where the top slots were sold. My cynical side prevents me from giving such lists any credibility just because, with a publication like DJ Mag and some others, getting your name on the top of a list is something that a lot of people would pay for quite handsomely. As for what type of crowd such a list might bring out, hell, I wouldn't really care. I'm not a big fan of the techno crowd that exists now. People who are slaves to pop culture aren't all that different than people who are slaves to anti-pop culture. In the end, all they do is help command some higher booking fees and bring in some more cash. No harm in that. Besides, every now and then, you get an artist that somehow siezes on the limelight exposure and sets things in a new direction. Ya never know.

Agent Orange NYC
16-09-2005, 09:03 PM

HAHA- well ya i know it's not that simple, but it's go to start somewhere.

you make it sound so easy haha :)

Agent Orange NYC
16-09-2005, 09:04 PM
HAHA, ya i know it's not that simple, but it needs to start somewhere.

Mindful
16-09-2005, 09:13 PM
From where im sitting I can honestley say I aint going to vote.
I dont own a label Im yet to have a relese and im not in the buissness side of the music(yet)so I can happily say that from my piont of veiw Techno artist in the top 20 of this poll is going to have more of a negative effect than it is positive(like I say this is from the angle of somone who searched out and found this music and makes and listen purley for myself)

Ive seen the negative effects of the popularity of trance,hardcore and hardhouse(not saying I like these genres)and cant stand the thought of some crap advert for "Dirty techno bangers volume one"or whatever coming on the tv while im wanking of to hollyoaks(not that i do of course)

Of course there are the benifits wich are huge(money and popularity being two)but to me these are two of the least importent things about what I personaly see as an artistic outlet and i thrive off the fact that the magority do not understand what some of us are doing.

But I stress again techno and music is not biuseness to me (yet) so I am onley say it how I see it myself.

One more piont on somthing that Tocsin mentioned
"Yes, or better, ask Tiesto's PR people. They certainly seem to care about his rank on such lists? Why?

I couldnt give two shits personaly why money focosed people care about a ranking in this chart cause its probably money and not the music(not a dig Tocsin my man)

The Teknoist.
17-09-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah im saying it from a listenners view mainly also.

holotropik
17-09-2005, 07:51 AM
After reading all your posts....I love this little community of Techno freaks ;) I agree with the ideology of not giving a toss about some cheesy DJ mag.

I love this place.

MARKEG
17-09-2005, 10:10 AM
well i wont be voting.

i've finally come to the conclusion that all these polls are total and utter bullshit. and at last i have the balls to say it, without fear of me feeling like i'll be percieved as a wanna-be-top-100-dj-type.

and i'll tell you why.

none of them really say who is the popular DJ in the clubs or who has the maddest diary. I mean, I spoke to one of the top 30 DJ's in that DJ poll the other day and they told me they were booked until December but the club scene is 'going down' and their diary was full of cancellations and loads of spare weekends. I look at tour/dj dates that come through to me from those DJ's with albums out (on the press releases) and some of those who are popular in that 'dj list' site have like two dates a month.

i look at my own diary and it's full until december, in fact until february 2006. chrissi tells me trying to get a date with me is like trying to get a date with a gay priest. not that i am a gay priest you understand. :)

so here lies my problem. and my issue with these polls. if these polls were a fair reflection of us in the techno scene and our diaries and our ability to rock the place, then great. but they're not. they're all to do with hype. they're all to do with those mass emails everyone gets from the 'important' pr companies. sorry but this is absolute bullshit in my eyes.

sure, promotion is great for you if you choose to do it.. but i've never once mass emailed all of you telling you to vote for me on the dj list and the top 100, even though i have your email addys. come to think about it i've never promoted this forum (well apart from a post on DJ Rush's site 5 years ago hehe)..

these polls have become the bastard son of dj promotion heaven. they don't reflect the true, real ppl in this game that are rockin the place. and that goes for me, surgeon, ruskin up to all the new school that soooo deserve to be there.

sorry to have an outburst hehehehe but i really am gettting p'ed off with seeing pppl on this chart that two months ago flooded me with emails to vote for them

:evil:

The Teknoist.
17-09-2005, 10:40 AM
fair dos Mark. I was beginning to think you werent going to comment tbh.

I do think you'll be in there quite high though. Youve always had the 'hype' around you (not pr created either obviously) but now you have the more mainstream 'hype' around you. With bookings at Tidy etc and all that 'scene' have been lapping you up over the last couple of years. This year iv noticed considerabley though (having a girlfriend with alot of hard house clubbing mates).

Im glad you posted man :)

MARKEG
17-09-2005, 11:08 AM
well good, let's get them into techno hehehe. we need it!!!

but tbh i don't care if i'm in this poll this year or any year. but i'm telling you right now i wont be. i don't care, these polls are sooo rubbish.

anyone care for a mass email??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

dan the acid man
17-09-2005, 11:14 AM
what about we make up a pretend dj and all vote for him :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
17-09-2005, 11:18 AM
half the people who read these polls think techno is montana, marco v, Eddie Halliwell etc etc, the other half are too zoned out on Ket to read the magazine. its a complete waste of time, and certainly will never help to keep a scene alive, thats a bizarre idea. when has any scene needed the help of a magazine poll to "stay alive"?

Do people seriously not realise that these magazines run in fashions? if its not techno one month, itl be drum and bass, or breakbeat or garage etc etc

these polls have the same people in year in, year out, its not going to change

dan the acid man
17-09-2005, 11:23 AM
i do agree with all the comments here on both sides (sitting on the fence i know), but if just one reader of this magazine sees a name in this list and decides to look for some of his/her sets and gets into techno, then surely its worth it.

eyeswithoutaface
17-09-2005, 11:27 AM
the thing is, if people genuinely want to get into something new they'l seek it themselves, i know i do, its not hard and there are more ways to get into new artists on a daily basis as opposed to a monthly mag

dan the acid man
17-09-2005, 11:34 AM
oh yeah, i agree, but there may be some hardhouse loving 18 year old who buys it religiously, whos decided he wants to listen to something different for a change, doesnt know anything about techno, but decides to check some of the people out who he sees in this mag

eyeswithoutaface
17-09-2005, 11:35 AM
yeah i get u danny boy, but that thought actually scares me! :lol: ;)

dan the acid man
17-09-2005, 11:37 AM
come on, embrace your inner dummy sucker.............................ok, maybe not

The Teknoist.
17-09-2005, 12:04 PM
half the people who read these polls think techno is montana, marco v, Eddie Halliwell etc etc, the other half are too zoned out on Ket to read the magazine. its a complete waste of time, and certainly will never help to keep a scene alive, thats a bizarre idea. when has any scene needed the help of a magazine poll to "stay alive"?

Do people seriously not realise that these magazines run in fashions? if its not techno one month, itl be drum and bass, or breakbeat or garage etc etc

these polls have the same people in year in, year out, its not going to change

haha or make up a 'genre' like when mixmag (it burns my mouth to say that name) had a John B mix of drum and bass that had some trancey/80's synth pop synths and called it 'tance and bass' and hailed it as a whole new genre.

Martin Dust
17-09-2005, 01:54 PM
But isn't in DJ Mag doing the vote, not Mixmag - does anyone read any properly :)

Martin Dust
17-09-2005, 01:55 PM
But isn't in DJ Mag doing the vote, not Mixmag - does anyone read anything properly :)

tocsin
17-09-2005, 02:05 PM
"Yes, or better, ask Tiesto's PR people. They certainly seem to care about his rank on such lists? Why?

I couldnt give two shits personaly why money focosed people care about a ranking in this chart cause its probably money and not the music(not a dig Tocsin my man)

Only reason I bring it up is because, from a label/artist's perspective, money has to be part of it if you want to focus on it as a fulle time thing. I just don't vew it as black or white, nor do I see how getting someone who's work or sets I've enjoyed up on the top would be a bad thing. If you want to be heard, unfortunately, the money and the music is directly connected. Promotion isn't free. And with reader polls, to a degree, it is free (assuming they are honest and aren't taking bribes).

RDR
17-09-2005, 02:15 PM
But isn't in DJ Mag doing the vote, not Mixmag - does anyone read anything properly :)

I think they should read it twice...

The Teknoist.
17-09-2005, 02:17 PM
But isn't in DJ Mag doing the vote, not Mixmag - does anyone read any properly :)

yes but they full under the same category really dont they.

Infact my friend is the equipment review editor at dj mag and he gets given free stuff by the companies to review stuff well.

RDR
Oh look, another argument about DJ Mag.

:shock:

im genuinly shocked.

:nono:

The Teknoist.
myabe i shouldnt have said the last comment.. meh

fatcollective
17-09-2005, 02:24 PM
:roll:

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:03 PM
[quote=Rowland The Bastard][quote=

i get that point ofcourse :) but making techno part of a constant wave of fads and trendy genres that keeps changing throughout and around the more mainstream of dance music in my opinion isnt going to keep the scene alive. It kills scenes if anything.

I know hard house and the surrounding music 'artists' have been dabbling in techno for a while now but dabbling and raping are to different things. The more techno features in such jokes as the dj mag top 100 the more people are gonna want to cash in. Thus in the long run saturating the market with crap (not just music either).

Please dont label me as a narrow minded purist either because im really not in any way :)

you have actually got a very fare point, but i also think i have, unfortunatly as soon a money disapears from techno so will alot of artists belive me, and it isnt going strength to strength either, its dropping dramatically.

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:16 PM
[quote=

Not hating on you mate, but this is the top 100 djs as voted for people who read djmag.

Hands up here who reads dj mag.
Hands up who cares what dj mag readers think.

Techno is big, ugly and global enough not to need to rely upon dance magazines.

Dance music mags are for faddy drop ins who are desperate to learn whats cool, and will believe anything thats in print.

Awards like this are a pile of shit.

Techno is an attitude, not everyone will get it. That they don't doesn't degrade techno in the slightest.[/quote]

this is just it though, how on earth can you say techno is growing? you have to trust me on this i guess it isnt growing its shrinking at an alarming rate, there is a load of pap out there thats why we have to reconise the good, to ween out the bad, to elaborate on agent orange, first time is was in ny state on tour, there where about 4-5000 ravers at this gig, all the shops and artists in nyc where doing incredably well, last feb, i played and the promoter was stoked cause 60 people came through the door, that saturday another promoter was even happier because 100 people turned up, now i now i have opened up a can of worms for you guys to "well your shit rowland what do you expect" and you have the right to think that, but... NONE of the techno shops are open now, not even sonic groove home of frankie bone adam x and heather hart **** off players internationally of techno.

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:18 PM

orange is talking sense here

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Yes, or better, ask Tiesto's PR people. They certainly seem to care about his rank on such lists? Why?

Of course, assume that the results of this "poll" are honest and not a charade where the top slots were sold. My cynical side prevents me from giving such lists any credibility just because, with a publication like DJ Mag and some others, getting your name on the top of a list is something that a lot of people would pay for quite handsomely. As for what type of crowd such a list might bring out, hell, I wouldn't really care. I'm not a big fan of the techno crowd that exists now. People who are slaves to pop culture aren't all that different than people who are slaves to anti-pop culture. In the end, all they do is help command some higher booking fees and bring in some more cash. No harm in that. Besides, every now and then, you get an artist that somehow siezes on the limelight exposure and sets things in a new direction. Ya never know.

well if you buy a full page of adverts in dj or mixmag you can pretty much garrantee a two - three page write up on yourself thats true, and i have my suspitions myself that its rigged, but chris and henry got in and im 70% sure there votes wernt bought, so vote for them again

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:24 PM
From where im sitting I can honestley say I aint going to vote.
I dont own a label Im yet to have a relese and im not in the buissness side of the music(yet)so I can happily say that from my piont of veiw Techno artist in the top 20 of this poll is going to have more of a negative effect than it is positive(like I say this is from the angle of somone who searched out and found this music and makes and listen purley for myself)

Ive seen the negative effects of the popularity of trance,hardcore and hardhouse(not saying I like these genres)and cant stand the thought of some crap advert for "Dirty techno bangers volume one"or whatever coming on the tv while im wanking of to hollyoaks(not that i do of course)

Of course there are the benifits wich are huge(money and popularity being two)but to me these are two of the least importent things about what I personaly see as an artistic outlet and i thrive off the fact that the magority do not understand what some of us are doing.

But I stress again techno and music is not biuseness to me (yet) so I am onley say it how I see it myself.

you will do if your (yets) turn to reality ;)

Mindful
19-09-2005, 11:29 PM
haha yeah no doubt mate then Ill be able to see it from a different angle.
My ignorence is down to the situation im in thts all.

Respect ;)

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:29 PM
well i wont be voting.

i've finally come to the conclusion that all these polls are total and utter bullshit. and at last i have the balls to say it, without fear of me feeling like i'll be percieved as a wanna-be-top-100-dj-type.

and i'll tell you why.

none of them really say who is the popular DJ in the clubs or who has the maddest diary. I mean, I spoke to one of the top 30 DJ's in that DJ poll the other day and they told me they were booked until December but the club scene is 'going down' and their diary was full of cancellations and loads of spare weekends. I look at tour/dj dates that come through to me from those DJ's with albums out (on the press releases) and some of those who are popular in that 'dj list' site have like two dates a month.

i look at my own diary and it's full until december, in fact until february 2006. chrissi tells me trying to get a date with me is like trying to get a date with a gay priest. not that i am a gay priest you understand. :)

so here lies my problem. and my issue with these polls. if these polls were a fair reflection of us in the techno scene and our diaries and our ability to rock the place, then great. but they're not. they're all to do with hype. they're all to do with those mass emails everyone gets from the 'important' pr companies. sorry but this is absolute bullshit in my eyes.

sure, promotion is great for you if you choose to do it.. but i've never once mass emailed all of you telling you to vote for me on the dj list and the top 100, even though i have your email addys. come to think about it i've never promoted this forum (well apart from a post on DJ Rush's site 5 years ago hehe)..

these polls have become the bastard son of dj promotion heaven. they don't reflect the true, real ppl in this game that are rockin the place. and that goes for me, surgeon, ruskin up to all the new school that soooo deserve to be there.

sorry to have an outburst hehehehe but i really am gettting p'ed off with seeing pppl on this chart that two months ago flooded me with emails to vote for them

maybe if you voted mark ruskin and surgen would get in, AND... if your booked to feb 2006 thats ****ing sweet mate!!! but i ****ing laugh my tits off if your in it this year hahahahahahaha!!!!!! i voted for you cunt!

Mindful
19-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I wont be suprised if Marks in it you know, its about time maybe.
Your possibly the biggest name on that perticular scene Mark.
And as somone pionted out with the tidy bookings and such a few more kids will have found out about you and that scene.

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:32 PM
the thing is, if people genuinely want to get into something new they'l seek it themselves, i know i do, its not hard and there are more ways to get into new artists on a daily basis as opposed to a monthly mag

you need to know about it before you can reserch it, btw if mags and pols are shit marky baby, why do you work for a mag?

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:37 PM
hahahahaha loves it!

stjohn
19-09-2005, 11:37 PM
http://www.richiehawtin.com

wait for it to load and click the flashy button :shock: :shock:

someone's on your side Rowland

eyeswithoutaface
19-09-2005, 11:46 PM

you need to know about it before you can reserch it

yeah, but this is specifically about the poll opening awareness to people about techno, which doesnt really make a difference at all seeing how these publications contain articles about techno, interviews with techno artists, reviews of techno records every month anyway... i mean, i read a magazine the other week i cant remember it was dj mag or idj one of those and it had an "inside the studio" section with Cristian Vogel, 2 page spread lots of info, pics, interview etc, so if its a regular reader and they havent picked up anything in the mag about techno yet then 5 or 6 techno placings in a poll thats published once a year really isnt going to make much difference.... i can see the point behind backing these polls, i just genuinely believe they have no effect upon the scene as a result, i wish they did, really, but alas

Mindful
19-09-2005, 11:48 PM
can you remember what mag that was Scott would like too read that Vogal artical

Mindful
19-09-2005, 11:50 PM
and how come your post count so small :eh:

eyeswithoutaface
im stuck for the life of me mate it wasnt my mag but it was an excellent article... i should of ripped it out haha

MARKEG
no please god dont get me in there. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

to be fair, i really don't care. actually i'm good friends with the editor of dj - she used to be the editor of m8. i have no problem with dj whatsover, i've written articles for them. but i really don't want to be a part of a fad. whatever you say - this is an email popularity contest. this poll is just not what i'm about.. no offense to anyone who votes or anything but it's just not me. i'd love to be in a 'true' top 100 dj poll, passed around those on the dancefloor, it would make my day, but this is not. not now. not with 20 emails a week telling me to vote for dj x.

i really hope i dont sound bitter. i really don't mean this. i just have come to the conclusion that this poll means nothing to me.. absolutely nothing...

now let's just get on with the music and sod these polls. :cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
19-09-2005, 11:55 PM
not with 20 emails a week telling me to vote for dj

i reitterated this point in another post, if i get one more email off such and such dj reminding me not to forget to vote for them in such and such a poll, il scream... i even had one dj i know a little say they didnt want to check out a new track as they were busy, but then their next sentance was "oh have you voted for me here yet..." and proceeded to list about 3 polls they wanted me to vote in

really

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 12:13 AM
i actually got he idea of psreading the word off a ben simms and mark broom email, thought they had a good pint and thought i'd try to do my bit and post it up to make awarness, been a ****ing good thread though, dont yal think.

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 12:22 AM
i really hope i dont sound bitter. i really don't mean this. i just have come to the conclusion that this poll means nothing to me.. absolutely nothing...

now let's just get on with the music and sod these polls. :cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahaha!!!! if you thought polls meant nothing mark why did you write this in your biog???

With a DJ history that spans back to the early 1980's, Mark is widely acclaimed for his intense and captivating stage presence, as well as his outrageous deck talents. His most notable achievements include his massive popularity in Serbia over the last eight years - where techno is the biggest form of club music thoughout the country; his almost cult-like status within the UK hard dance movement (especially in the South-West where his residency sets at places such as The Country Club were legendary); the near sonic domination of the Canadian rave scene in the late nineties (a close second to Paul Oakenfold in a popular Magazine Poll). But most recently he was voted 'UK's Best Hard Dance DJ' at the the Hardcore Heaven Awards 2003, proving his continued popularity within the hard dance fraternity.
Â*
was trying to highlight the bits about awards you have but couldnt sooooorrrrrryyyyyyy

Â*
:lol:

MARKEG
20-09-2005, 12:51 AM
offs, why get at me for everything that is written.

i didn't write this - my man the blagger did.

BUT the hardcore heaven award is alot more special to me than any dj mag email poll.

the 2003, 2004 poll means alot to me man. these are young, 16-24 yr old's loving what i do. so what's gonna happen here??? they're gonna check this site - then they're gonna get into techno. COOL. can't you see?!!?!

that's just one thing.. we need more ppl in this music...

anyway stop trying to pick on me - let's get back on the topic. :)

hehehe

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 12:51 AM
offs, why get at me for everything that is written.

i didn't write this - my good mate the blagger did btw.

BUT the hardcore heaven award is alot more special to me than any dj mag email poll.

the 2003, 2004 poll means alot to me man. these are young, 16-24 yr old's loving what i do. so what's gonna happen here??? they're gonna check this site - then they're gonna get into techno. COOL. can't you see?!!?!

anyway stop trying to pick on me - let's get back on the topic. :(

hehehe

i'd never pick on you mate and always stand behind you in a knife lol! sorry in a stupid mood, im just having a giggle please dont take offence.

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 12:55 AM
offs does that stand for oh for ****s sake? thought you didnt like swearing on her or especially the f word, isnt shortening it to first letters the same a swearing? i mean it means the same everyone knows what it means so its the same right? your breaking your own rules mark, ****! that doesnt show much of a role to us slack jawd yokals!!!! hahahaha lolololololo, oh this is great monday night action, better than whatching porn

MARKEG
20-09-2005, 12:56 AM
rowland, stop it. i know this. perhaps i over reacted there. sorry man. total repsect to you man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mindful
20-09-2005, 12:57 AM
depends on the porn

MARKEG
you're still the biggest TWAT i ever met though :twisted: :twisted:

rowland the bastard
its better then sitting in the studio sniffing k off girlys boobys!!!!!!!! not as good as sniffing smack off big hairy man boobs though :eh:

tocsin
20-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Fact of the matter is simple. If you don't want "hype," don't complain when you're so unpopular to the point of not doing anything but burning a hole in your pocket. Of course a DJ List is bullshit hype. Who cares? Hype isn't what makes an artist or scene suck. You got nothing to lose by taking 10 seconds to fill in some names and forget about it.

Or, if you really wanted to try a prank and point out the silliness of such lists, let's create a fake DJ, give him/her some fake cred, keep the name androgynous, and try and get a number of our friends to vote on the guy. Then, we could all share the fake identity and make some cash. :p

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 12:59 AM
oh are we starting to have personal digs now are we? hhhmmmm i'll get back to you on that reply mark, obviously not as cool as you make out if your getting offended by some presenting a valid point

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:01 AM
oh are we starting to have personal digs now are we? hhhmmmm i'll get back to you on that reply mark, obviously not as cool as you make out if your getting offended by some presenting a valid point

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:04 AM
:lol:

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Fact of the matter is simple. If you don't want "hype," don't complain when you're so unpopular to the point of not doing anything but burning a hole in your pocket. Of course a DJ List is bullshit hype. Who cares? Hype isn't what makes an artist or scene suck. You got nothing to lose by taking 10 seconds to fill in some names and forget about it.

Or, if you really wanted to try a prank and point out the silliness of such lists, let's create a fake DJ, give him/her some fake cred, keep the name androgynous, and try and get a number of our friends to vote on the guy. Then, we could all share the fake identity and make some cash. :p

thats a ****ing brilliant idea mate, we should all chip in and hire a pr company and get them to promote rudi shmulten

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:05 AM
rudi shmulten wow hes the best

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:06 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
better than most

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:07 AM
google imige serch

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:08 AM
www.areyouugly.com

tocsin
20-09-2005, 01:09 AM
So, **** it, let's do it then. Aim for next year's. Spend some time creating a phantom bio online through various webpages. Seriously, just through some fake reviews and a number of people making mixes under the name for some online site, we could make this person the most diverse DJ in the world. ;)

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:09 AM
www.areyouugly.com

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:10 AM
So, **** it, let's do it then. Aim for next year's. Spend some time creating a phantom bio online through various webpages. Seriously, just through some fake reviews and a number of people making mixes under the name for some online site, we could make this person the most diverse DJ in the world. ;)

dont you think we kinda let hte cat out the bag :doh:

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:10 AM
god damit no i dont mean rudi rudi schulten i said rudi scmhulten

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:11 AM
haha shit man i should be doing somthing more producyive with my night :doh: :lol:

rowland the bastard

how far did you get the rattle out the pram??? did you hit a new world record? maybe you'll get an award for it ;)

tocsin
dont you think we kinda let hte cat out the bag :doh:

Haha. Not really. People will forget about this thread. Just use a different name than Rudi Chmulten, but something equally as androgynous and comical. ;)

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:14 AM

how far did you get the rattle out the pram??? did you hit a new world record? maybe you'll get an award for it ;)

and you can put that on your biog to, 2005 rattle throwing award :love: you marky warky you throw a mean rattle

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:19 AM
lol i should be doing something more productive full stop

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:20 AM
i aggree :love:

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:21 AM

and you can put that on your biog to, 2005 rattle throwing award :love: you marky warky you throw a mean rattle

do you have differently weighted rattles for different weather conditions? is that allowed in the rule book? of rattle throwing, personally i like to take part in the getting my ball back event

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 01:24 AM
mark i hope your gonna vote me in the biggest twat i ever met awards, reckon i stand a good chance this year what do you reckon mate?

dan the acid man
20-09-2005, 02:28 AM
lay off the hairy man boobs rowland, its made you all hyper :lol:

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 08:27 AM
lol, listen mark if that / this really did offend which was not meant in any way you have my sincere apologies :lol:

MARKEG
20-09-2005, 10:36 AM
rowland - SHUT THE F UP!!!!!!

LOL

:crackup:

rowland the bastard
20-09-2005, 10:37 AM
rowland - SHUT THE F UP!!!!!!

LOL

:crackup:

will do my man

278d7e64a374de26f==