PDA

View Full Version : make a difference and vote

rowland the bastard
16-09-2005, 12:51 PM
everyone should vote to keep the scene alive!!!

http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

Si the Sigh
16-09-2005, 12:52 PM
:dance:

Trip Head
16-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Just wish people cared as much about the general election :cry:

Hope to see some techno names up there. Remember Chris and Dave being in the top 100 a year or two ago

nihilist
16-09-2005, 02:42 PM
chris and dave where in the top 30 a few years ago

Aratron
16-09-2005, 06:03 PM
i remember when chas n dave were init 25 years ago

Metadog
16-09-2005, 06:28 PM
lol - at last, a vote worth casting!

unlike the general election ... in the words of south park - do i vote for douche or turd sandwich??

dan the acid man
16-09-2005, 06:59 PM

unlike the general election ... in the words of south park - do i vote for douche or turd sandwich??

in it, id love to vote, but ive not come across one politician who i felt i could trust enough to vote for him/her

Trip Head
16-09-2005, 07:07 PM

in it, id love to vote, but ive not come across one politician who i felt i could trust enough to vote for him/her#

Yeh but if you don't vote you are just accepting the status quo, which isn't too good is it?

Metadog
16-09-2005, 07:36 PM
how will voting change the status quo, mate?

no political parties have policies that represent my ideals or wishes

it's a case of voting for a wanker or a twat, neither of which i consider able to represent me - by voting i appear to approve of them, which i don't

AcidTrash
16-09-2005, 08:07 PM

it's a case of voting for a wanker or a twat, neither of which i consider able to represent me - by voting i appear to approve of them, which i don't

Politics isn't a spectator sport dude. If you don't like whats on offer, you got to get in there and change it. Join a party and neutrise the morons who rubber stamp the dross we have up for election. Or stand for parliament yourself. It's good fun.

Metadog
16-09-2005, 08:23 PM
yeah right - that would be lovely

i'm generally open minded, but sadly i can't see that happening

it would be more like join a party and be stifled by the morons who rubber stamp dross - there are no parties anywhere near to representing my views, and i can't see me being able to change the views of a boat load of blindfolded folks - in some ways i am past even wanting to change their minds, it's not going to happen - peoples views are built upon their experiences, and some of my key experiences and understandings are way too far out for the average joe to take on board - my ideas would never be accepted by the general public right now anyway, i'm realistic enuff to realise that, so i can't be arsed to even try

i don't really see politics as a spectator sport, i see it rather more like an unpleasant road accident to avoid

ok, politics does have ramifications in my life but there are too many demonically infected shells out there willing to sell themselves for me to make a difference like i'd like to be able to

have you ever stood for parliament, mate?

dan the acid man
16-09-2005, 08:23 PM

took the words out of my mouth

AcidTrash
16-09-2005, 08:36 PM
yeah right - that would be lovely

i'm generally open minded, but sadly i can't see that happening

it would be more like join a party and be stifled by the morons who rubber stamp dross - there are no parties anywhere near to representing my views, and i can't see me being able to change the views of a boat load of blindfolded folks - in some ways i am past even wanting to change their minds, it's not going to happen - peoples views are built upon their experiences, and some of my key experiences and understandings are way too far out for the average joe to take on board - my ideas would never be accepted by the general public right now anyway, i'm realistic enuff to realise that, so i can't be arsed to even try

i don't really see politics as a spectator sport, i see it rather more like an unpleasant road accident to avoid

ok, politics does have ramifications in my life but there are too many demonically infected shells out there willing to sell themselves for me to make a difference like i'd like to be able to

have you ever stood for parliament, mate?

I stood back in 2001 in Bradford South. Got 784 votes and lost me deposit. Not bad though considering my entire election staff consisted of just me.

Jefferson said the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. We failed. I firmly beleive we have the government we deserve. They do what they want because we are stupid enough to let them. We switched off and stopped watching. We have been cowards when we should have been resisting. Nobodys talking about starting a revolution but doing your bit and attempting to understand the bigger issues you don't get fed in the papers is a good place to start. We have to start civil disobedience wherever possible and start saying NO!

Metadog
17-09-2005, 02:12 AM
hats off to ya, fella, fair play - were you an independent candidate then, or did you represent an established party?

if independent, what were your policies, and why did you only stand in one election?

i totally agree with your last para - the general population are too happy to let other people take charge of their lives

dan the acid man
17-09-2005, 02:21 AM
yeah, when it boils down to it, most of us are too lazy to do anything about it

Metadog
18-09-2005, 01:02 PM
anyone remember that techno classic "break the system down"?

what a bang on sentiment there!!

i don't see anything else ever working - whether that would is doubtful too - it would have to be a spiritual revolution to properly make a difference

:love: :love: :love:

dan the acid man
18-09-2005, 03:57 PM
yeah i remember that tune, was always a favourite hearing that at the arches

rowland the bastard
19-09-2005, 11:48 PM
**** me dont you lot ever keep to the subject???? lol!

dan the acid man
19-09-2005, 11:51 PM
**** me dont you lot ever keep to the subject???? lol!

what was we on about again, oh yeah, the price of houses nowadays, shocking :doh:

JohnnySideways
20-09-2005, 12:43 AM

what a bang on sentiment there!!

i don't see anything else ever working - whether that would is doubtful too - it would have to be a spiritual revolution to properly make a difference

:love: :love: :love:

TUNE :love:

JohnnySideways
20-09-2005, 01:40 AM
altho i think its bollox i voted for the techno DJ nearest the kinda thing i like,who are most likely to get somewhere near the top 'wotever'' list :cool:
i.e. certain known london acid techno DJ's lol :lol:
my favorite DJ's are probably never gonna get anywhere near it so iv basically voted for TECHNO in the best way i can...so maybe some DJ mag readin teems might get a peek at something theyre missin innit ;)

analog tactic
24-10-2005, 06:25 PM
when do we get the results of this?

Metadog
24-10-2005, 06:32 PM
a quick visit to dj magazine site revealed:

Top 100 DJs 2005
Voting is closed
Voting has now closed for our 2005 Top 100 DJs Poll.

Thanks to the 123,933 of you that voted this year - we received over 30,000 more votes than last year's poll, and votes flooded in from 147 countries.

The results of the Top 100 DJs Poll 2005 will be announced at our glittering party at London's Ministry of Sound on Thursday 27th October.

With a staggering line-up of international DJs covering all genres, it'll once again be a top-notch night out.
Top 100 Results Party
When? Thursday 27th October

Where? Ministry of Sound, 103 Gaunt Street, London, SE1 6DP

Time? 9pm - 3am

Price? £5 charity donation (all profits go to Unicef).

DJs? The line-up for our party, like the Top 100 results, are secret. But they're all international, big-names.

dubs
25-10-2005, 05:17 PM
The average person does a give a **** about anything other tha their DVD player. When you do join a political party there can be loads of tossers. Giving up is the worst choice of all and the reason we are where we are today. Public disobedience and political awareness in this state must = anarchy which is our only chance to sort all this shite out.If everyone understood how hard we are being f*cked at th moment that would riot...unless who wants to be a millionaire is on.

dan the acid man
25-10-2005, 05:28 PM
The average person does a give a **** about anything other tha their DVD player. When you do join a political party there can be loads of tossers. Giving up is the worst choice of all and the reason we are where we are today. Public disobedience and political awareness in this state must = anarchy which is our only chance to sort all this shite out.If everyone understood how hard we are being f*cked at th moment that would riot...unless who wants to be a millionaire is on.

are you replying to the correct topic here mate :lol:

dubs
25-10-2005, 05:33 PM

are you replying to the correct topic here mate :lol:

I hope so.

dan the acid man
25-10-2005, 06:43 PM
well i dont think you have, whats this got to do with a dj poll

Metadog
25-10-2005, 06:52 PM
lol - i like what you've been saying dubs, but i gotta agree with dan

:lol:

dubs
26-10-2005, 05:20 AM

DJ polls.......Political apathy.....these things go hand in hand don't they?? Maybe it was a moment of clarity or maybe i was totally replying to the wrong post. You'll have to excuse me. :crackup:

Centurian
26-10-2005, 09:22 PM

Nick Sentience innit.

dan the acid man
26-10-2005, 09:48 PM

DJ polls.......Political apathy.....these things go hand in hand don't they?? Maybe it was a moment of clarity or maybe i was totally replying to the wrong post. You'll have to excuse me. :crackup:

oh right, a bit deep for a dj poll :lol: :oops:

Centurian
26-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Que se ra, se ra, whatever will be will be.

I don't see tha point in all these popularity contests, if someones good at what they do they don't need a poll to prove it, all it does is bump up the DJs riders/make them able to raise their performance fees. There's probably not really that much accuracy to the poll either, it's all about marketing and being able to play commercially accessable music if you ask me, more to do with management skills & publicity imo. then again, i could be wrong.

I suggest a complete boycott!

:hmm: wonder what would happen if absolutely no-one voted at all.

278d7e64a374de26f==