PDA

View Full Version : usb soundcard & midi controller suggestions please

Scott Kemix
17-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a solid usb soundcard with multiple outs & MIDI for use with a laptop running ableton. Also a good controller, i was looking at the evolution uc-33e?

any suggestions will be much appreciated pep's

RDR
17-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a solid usb soundcard with multiple outs & MIDI for use with a laptop running ableton. Also a good controller, i was looking at the evolution uc-33e?

A popular combo is the Firewire 410 from M-Audio. and the uc33-e might be a good choice due to the crossfader.

Patrick DSP
17-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

A popular combo is the Firewire 410 from M-Audio. and the uc33-e might be a good choice due to the crossfader.

uc33e doesn't have a crossfader, it's the uc-16 you're thinking about.

g
17-09-2005, 08:04 PM
it's got 9 crossfaders ;)

Scott Kemix
17-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi all,

cool, will check out the firewire 410. Anybody use Terratec Phase 26?

Scott Kemix
31-10-2005, 12:31 PM
anymore suggestions peps, the m-audio 4-10 looks wicked but what alternatives can i look at..........something a little less expensive, baring in mind i am using ableton and a few pieces of hardware for the live set.

cheers

rhythmtech
01-11-2005, 10:16 AM
i'm using the m-audio audiophile usb. doesnt have the multiple outs you're after but i think the next model up does (cant remember what its called). but the sound is quite amazing. as for a controller, i use the uc-33e & novation remote. the uc-33e is perfect for live and the patches are good to go out of the box.. no messin around with cc numbers, just hit abletons midi-learn and select. the remote on the other hand takes a little more setting up and i find it better suited to soft synths (but i did use it on live b4 i got the uc-33e & it works perfectly well), but it does have a v sensetive keyboard. you really need to decide what way of working suits you and only then choose the controller to match.

Scott Kemix
01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
cool, the uc-33e looks like the controller to go for. As for soundcard still am not sure, as i would like the 8 outs the 4-10 gives to mix on the desk, rather than doing everything on screen or via the faders of the uc-33e. Thanks for the advice man, anymore anybody??

djshiva
04-11-2005, 03:31 AM
Hi all,

uc33e doesn't have a crossfader, it's the uc-16 you're thinking about.

actually, the uc16 does not have a crossfader either. it's the x-session you are thinking of. just like a uc16, only a crossfader added. :)

http://www.evolution.co.uk/products/evo_xsession.htm

278d7e64a374de26f==