PDA

View Full Version : new livepa recording from me

mux
19-09-2005, 10:51 PM
http://mux.ca/images/mux_lrc2k5.jpg
live set recorded at "The Listening Room", an annual live-pa fest held in the Vancouver Planetarium. I've played a set the past three years. My style is pounding, 3am main room kinda stuff, with a heavy dose of acid for good measure.

http://lfo.fsck.org/~drew/mux_-_Live_at_The_Listening_Room_Vancouver_-_20050910.mp3
(thanks for the bandwidth, xfive!) :)

Gear used:
- Akai MPC1000
- Roland SH-101
- Nord Micro Modular
- Korg ER-1
- Waldorf Pulse+
- Mackie CR1604 mixer
- lots of effects and processing
- no frickin' laptop!

Tracklisting:
- Channel58
- Less Slow
- Rocker
- Landstander
- "One Night In East Van" <-- Henry and Chris, this one is for you. :) Sorry about the mic feedback...

And to top off the recording, as soon as I finished playing, I proposed to my girlfriend of seven years. She accepted. Yay! :love: :love:

Feedback and constructive criticism eagerly accepted! I've also got two DV cameras full of video of the set, but haven't had time to edit it yet. All these tracks are "works in progress", that I intend to fix up and record in the studio in the next month or two.

Oh, and lastly, this recording is a mix of line-ins and a stage mic - for those that absolutely can't stand the (low-mixed) stage mic stuff, I will be releasing an MP3 of just the line-in recording later on tonight, after I get home.

BRADLEE
21-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Yo man this is really a very nice performance as well my friend. I cannot say that everything is full on techno as there is some trancey stuff in there. However amigo, I can tell you worked really hard at doing this live PA. Really cool stuff man!!!! Keep up the great work.

I know that you would have all of the little party kids going nuts down here. :rambo:

BRADLEE
29-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Yo, I rocked this for a few peeps down here and people are feeling it man. Keep it up.

Just thought I'd drop you some props amigo.

B

278d7e64a374de26f==