PDA

View Full Version : clean or dirty?

Mindful
20-09-2005, 01:37 AM
somthing I was chatting to somone about tonight.
What do you prefere,whats your prefrence,whats your style

Dirty and or warm or clean and clinical?

Personaly I have tried and faild to mix the both but of course theres people on here and about who can find the balence.

How do you get that sound?im fully digital so of course thats part of my sound.

Im maybe jibbering but it was on my mind so......

dan the acid man
20-09-2005, 02:42 AM
depends, like a bit of both, just adding a slight bit of distortion to hats is always good, or maybe just to some other percussion or synths.

but i always have clean sounds in there too, just to balance everything out.

i personally dont like tracks where everythings distorted

audioinjection
20-09-2005, 03:01 AM
depends what kinda track it is, but i can deal with clean or dirty, if it fits the track, then its all good with me

to incorporate both, i usually make groups of what i want to sound dirty and what i want clean and work that way, like having 1 group channel with some saturation on it and the other with none or just leave them alone, depends how you wanna go about it

audioinjection
20-09-2005, 03:01 AM
depends what kinda track it is, but i can deal with clean or dirty, if it fits the track, then its all good with me

to incorporate both, i usually make groups of what i want to sound dirty and what i want clean and work that way, like having 1 group channel with some saturation on it and the other with none or just leave them alone, depends how you wanna go about it

acidsaturation
20-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I was just thinking this and gonna Post the same question...

I love distortion in all it's many forms...

But it is definately true that some clean and clinical tunes can sound huge as **** and have more power than something distorted.

Bit of both though I reckon - either lay doen a bed of warm distorted sound and have a couple of clean standout sounds, or a clean tight backdrop with a couple of filthy standout sounds.

Distortion can be hard to sit in a mix too - took a load off a sound in one of my tunes the other day and suddenly fitted in the mix.

FILTERZ
20-09-2005, 03:50 PM
cluster , that was a great label for dirt, play em in the headphones , i used to think thats sounds ****ed , but then they sound amazing through a rig.

Starfuqer
20-09-2005, 05:05 PM
i want warm and tight but i end up sounding digital and abrasive

RDR
20-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I like it warm and tight too....

:lol:

BRADLEE
20-09-2005, 06:30 PM

Indeed and clean is always good too in that respect :lol:

RDR
20-09-2005, 06:39 PM

Indeed and clean is always good too in that respect :lol:

unless ya wanna go dirty!

I like a bit of that as well... :clap:

BRADLEE
20-09-2005, 07:21 PM
unless ya wanna go dirty!

I like a bit of that as well...

:lol: dirty old man ;)

tocsin
20-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Dirty and clinical for me. I ****ing love it. Plus, I've gotten some amazing sounds, largely as a result of bugs in various plugins that I use, which result in amazing output when maxxed. Whole new level of dirty.

Evil G
20-09-2005, 07:29 PM
dirty analog sound sources + slick computer mixing = profit?

The Divide
22-09-2005, 01:40 AM
dont try the obvious, add a little surface noise and crackle to your clean sounds too

Mindful
23-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Good call people its good to see what you all think on this subject , its somthing im exploring at the moment mainley trying to get good production values but keeping the raw energy of nasty sounding stuff.

Ritzi Lee
23-09-2005, 07:33 PM
dirty and warm like sex! :oops:

Electrictribe
23-09-2005, 08:29 PM
dirty and gritty analogue

danielmarshall
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Bit reduction and me are good friends :) I love subtly using this effect on low pass filtered reverb on very low basslines where you strugglet to get any texture without overlaying a second oscilator.

278d7e64a374de26f==