PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "ZEITGEIST PROJEKT" DRIFTER ROUGH DRAFT

BRADLEE
20-09-2005, 09:59 PM
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/triplemini2.jpg

Sup everybody? Well this is just something I started on my lunch breaks and it is far from done. I only invested about 40 minutes into it so far. So here is a taste of what I started. This will be a part of me and Wetworks upcoming live PA we are working on.

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_ZEITGEIST_PROJEKT_drifter_rough.mp3

I hope that everyone likes it so far.

Brad Lee
"Messanger"

BRADLEE
21-09-2005, 09:54 PM
OK well I am still not 100% done with this yet, but I did fix the kick in the mixdown and I also finished the basic arrangement. Still going to add some more FX I think and a few more edits. However this one is almost done now.

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_ZEITGEIST_PROJEKT_drifter_rough_ALMOST_DON E.mp3

lau
22-09-2005, 10:54 AM
SUP dude!!!

Totally forgot to comment on this one... listened to the old version... only had one problem with it which was the hollowness ( :eh: ) of the kick... But I hear you've already fixed that....

hmmz and on a second listen.. you might try to get it a bit more pumping... perhaps with some compression... think that would help the groove come more alive...!

Anyways good job!!

:rambo:

BRADLEE
22-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks Homie. Glad to have your comments on this for sure. I added a few more edits now and a little bit more percussion towards the end to fill it in. Hopefully you will at least enjoy the finished version.

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_ZEITGEIST_PROJEKT_DRIFTER_FINALEDIT.mp3

j_s
22-09-2005, 10:27 PM
aw yeah. tough as ****, dark as you like. highs sound a bit strangled at points. keep em coming...

BRADLEE
22-09-2005, 11:27 PM
cool bro, thank you for reviewing the tune. I did cram a lot of stuff into the high range for sure, but it sounds good on a decent system I think. I'm still learning as well. Every track is a new step in my learning process.

Again man, thank you for the review and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

The Overfiend
23-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Zeitgeist.
Alive and Breathing.

Mindful
23-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Ill get round to checking this tommorow mate ;)

Elvio Neto
24-09-2005, 10:54 AM
nice sounds fx,

i will check this better in home

orac
26-09-2005, 10:13 AM
as always, very good production :) keep it hard friend !

BRADLEE
28-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks amigo. Glad that you're liking it. I'll post another piece Ant and I are doing together soon. I can tell you all though that you should keep an ear out for our live PA. Should be something really special when we have it fully ready.

This is a portion of what the harder elemets will sound in the realm of. However we will go thru a large diversity of sounds.

RDR
29-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Nicely industrial, love those little tiny breaks you add here and there...

Well done brad.

Am loving the vocal breakdown - am listening on an iBook so No bass but the percussion comes through very well.

BRADLEE
29-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Nicely industrial, love those little tiny breaks you add here and there...

Well done brad.

Am loving the vocal breakdown - am listening on an iBook so No bass but the percussion comes through very well.

Cool Kris, glad that you enjoyed it as well amigo. I'll let you hear the other new stuff too...Don't know for sure that I will post it...but you'll get to peep it for sure.

Keep me up to date with you as well homie... :cool:

stjohn
29-09-2005, 05:04 PM
****in banging man!!!

would definately be on my shopping list if it was on wax!!
great atmosphere and breaks and chops and more atmosphhere with another break

bang on! :twisted:

BRADLEE
29-09-2005, 05:46 PM
****in banging man!!!

would definately be on my shopping list if it was on wax!!
great atmosphere and breaks and chops and more atmosphhere with another break

bang on!

Right on, thanks homie. Not 100% sure yet, but this one might have a home soon. Talking with a new label about it, but nothing is concrete until I have a contract in hand you know. When and if it's solid I'll share the info....Hopefully it will happen.

Mindful
30-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Shit mate still havent checked this :doh: :lol:

DL now

BRADLEE
30-09-2005, 10:59 PM
cool bro, not sure if you'll like it, but I hope so... :eh:

BloodStar
01-10-2005, 05:08 PM
bangin :rambo: . like the atmo in it.. nice track..

Mindful
01-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Why wouldnt I like this mate its great.
Realy like the atmospheres and all those cuts and edits are dope.

I would be getting down like a mad man too this in a club.

Mindful
01-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh and the productions nice mate

curly
01-10-2005, 11:33 PM
This is a phat track, the athmospheres are great , and it sounds clear as well

xfive
02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
This is a good slab of dark atmos bang bang :twisted:
The kick is a little clicky for my taste, but I suppose it fits.. I like them with a tad bit more body myself :lol:

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah man Brad's really coming into his own with that Almost dare I say Fuller Harder Minimalist style.
Our Zeitgeist Project Should be real dope coming from 2 spectrums.

Mindful
03-10-2005, 12:01 PM
So this Zeitgeist Project is a new thing you 2 are doing?

Ive had a fair amount of listens of this now Brad and it realy is a top mean ass piece of techno honestley this shit is bad :clap: :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
03-10-2005, 08:01 PM
So this Zeitgeist Project is a new thing you 2 are doing?

Ive had a fair amount of listens of this now Brad and it realy is a top mean ass piece of techno honestley this shit is bad

Coll thanks Steve. Really happy that you have enjoyed it. I'm going to post something else I did recently now too.

As for Zeitgeist, yes that is Antonio and I together for our collab name. THis track is just me this time, but together we will be doing a combined projekt for our Live PA. There will also be many tracks as collabs associated with the new name.

278d7e64a374de26f==