PDA

View Full Version : I'm too old to hate.

Internal Error Records
21-09-2005, 01:05 AM
What is it about people that just have to bash other genres or parties?

The drama and hype surrounding the rave scene during its collapse in the mid-late 90's was just rediculous. Then we had to endure half a decade with no real massives.

Now that things are getting going again, the internet is becoming polluted with haters and negative a-holes.

Let me state my position. I been around far too long to hate anything. Because you know what? If you hate something, hate anything, then you will eventually have to learn what life is like without it.

A bad rave scene is better than no electronica scene at all. People need to appreciate what they have and stop saying something sucks just because in another time or place, something else was better.

For all you jaded f-nuts - This weekend will be some uninformed 15 year olds first rave, and it will be the best experience of their life.. And in 10 years, that kid will refer to the summer of 2005 as the old school days. And they wont give a shit what music was being played at their first rave because it was still the begining of a new and beautiful chapter in their life. And whatever was being played at that party will not be being played in 10 years.

dan the acid man
21-09-2005, 01:12 AM
yeah man, your right.

i remember my first experience, i didnt care what was being played, or even how it was played, i just danced all night regardless

MARKEG
21-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Well man, why do you think I set up this site? But the amount of hate that happens on the internet is crazy. I really wish it didnt. It's been near impossible to keep the original ethos of this place. But I'm trying. To many haters, too much ego bullshit. Too much sitting behind a computer screen thinking you are the man. But I'm gonna try my best, I give you my word.

I'm 1000% with you. Anything I can help you with, just PM me.

This post is a breath of fresh air. Thanks for having the balls to post it and I have a feeling most the members that matter will agree with you.

Let's get to the bottom of this.... The internet is beautiful but there's some bloody awful shit.. How do we sort it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

Gimme the answer and I will give you the key to my front gate hahahha

BRADLEE
21-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Nicely put Gil, good man. :clap:

The Divide
21-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Agreed

Gone are the days of peace, unity & respect (ok well the hippy days are gone but its still a good motto)

One thing that may strengthen the community is if the authorities carry on attacking electronic music as in Utah and at the Czech teck. It is bad shit however it might make people realize we are all in this for the same reasons. To go out and ave it!!

As for the haters, well they exist in the real world and all the nets done has allowed them to come together. I don't think you can silence them and maybe the way forward is just to ignor them. Where there's passion there's hatred and I think its people with attitudes like yourself that tend to overshadow the whore-beasts

The Divide
21-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Gimme the answer and I will give you the key to my front gate hahahha

Whats the point in that when you leave it unlocked all the time?

g
21-09-2005, 02:42 AM
what they said. maybe it's just cuz i'm old too. ..granted things were better back then - obviously. ;)

in some company i'll say something sucks or not, but all that means is it doesn't work for me personally. dancing about architecture and whatnot.

otherwise it's just posturing and ego. yawn.

xfive
21-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Gone are the days of peace, unity & respect (ok well the hippy days are gone but its still a good motto)

Hippys are smelly anyways

:lol:

The Overfiend
21-09-2005, 04:47 AM
Gil, good point. :clap:

SlavikSvensk
21-09-2005, 05:58 AM
it's a good point, and there are plenty of good records nowadays...but tis statement also maybe misses an equally valid point...techno is, well, a bit older now. as things get older, more aspects are institutionalized, expected, classified, etc. this means more tracks come out in a set mold, whereas in the late 1980s or early 1990s, there really weren't many molds. those of us who miss the old stuff do so for a lot of reasons. for some it's just grumpy old man talk. others, like me, miss the naive exuberance of techno in its infancy and childhood. as techno gets older, this process will likely continue, and yes, that 15 year old will feel similarly in 10 years...

Martin Dust
21-09-2005, 07:54 AM
You have to keep it in context, 99.9% of people who go clubbing don't give a crap about what people on the internet get hot under the collar about.

eyeswithoutaface
21-09-2005, 09:50 AM
its about dividing pure hate and artistic passion. so what if someone is saying they hate a certain genre or style, if you like it and believe in it that should be enough without trying to stop everyone else voicing their opinions on it. There are some kinds of "techno", and i use the term very loosely, that actually make me feel physically uneasy because of the sheer poorness of production, content, durability (by that i mean shelf life, i want tracks that i still smile about in 5 years time), and if something bothers you that much then of course its better to speak up about it than just keeping schtum and following the rest of the herd

there are people of course who just genuinely want to cause trouble but this place seems to be safe from that kind which is cool

The Overfiend
21-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Lol Physically Uneasy.
Kinda True, some sounds when you're in a club make you go sick
Specially if you're drunk as balls on the dance floor.

acidsaturation
21-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Yeah Totally.

We got enough hate from outside!

Jay Pace
21-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Great post Internal - with you all the way.

My first rave was Slammin Vinyl gig when I was 15. Dodgy music, but the newness of it all was incredible - you really felt like you were part of something big, secret and exciting that the mainstream didn't know about .

And now (nervously sticks head above the parapet)....

I think the professional gripes on this board bring things down.

The love and excitement people felt when they started has obviously subsided somewhat when they bitch and moan about not making enough money from vinyl sales, citing MP3 and digital as the death of our scene and imploring everyone to vote for djs in style mags to boost techno's profile.

I think there are some understandably jaded people on this board. You dedicate your life to a scene you are going to have a different take on it. Especially when things aren't going so good for you....

But I am getting pretty sick of people proclaiming that "the end is nigh" just because things aren't working out the way they wanted them to.

I love this scene. I love the crowds, I love their energy and I love the music. 10 years on it excites me in ways that I never would have guessed at. I love its progression, its dynamism and its global feel.

People need to stop moaning about their lot in life and look at the bigger picture.

Techno isn't dying, its evolving.

holotropik
21-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I am too old too, yet i feel so young when it comes to standing in front of a stack of subs.

I just turned 35 yet I think like i'm 20 still. How can I hate when i'm 20 and havent seen any of the world yet?

RDR
21-09-2005, 11:35 AM
You have to keep it in context, 99.9% of people who go clubbing don't give a crap about what people on the internet get hot under the collar about.

Very True martin. Its a totally different ball game when you actually get out and meet people...

there is LIFE out there and i love it all...

278d7e64a374de26f==